“Falconry Experience”
Review of Hawks Of Steele

Hawks Of Steele
More attraction details
Owner description: Hawks of Steele is a family owned and run business we offer Falconry experiences, Courses, Educational visits, Wedding packages and Events throughout the Country. As a family we have had the pleasure of working with Birds of prey for over 30 years, our passion is to give other people the chance to experience the wonders of these beautiful birds.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Being up close and personal with hawks and owls has been on my 'to do' list for a long time. I can't praise Hawks of Steel enough. This was one of the best things I've done in ages! Booking was easy, the weather was perfect, Carl and Colin were very knowledgeable, friendly, amusing and professional. But the stars of the show were most certainly the birds themselves. Every one had a different character and I felt quite honoured having them perched on my arm.
Thank you very much to the whole team. I can't wait to do it again.

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"birthday present"
in 21 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Sorry to say booked this through groupon and added my husband so total cost £60 for the 3 of us for a 45 minute experience, was nice for about 10 minute but then boring there were 11 in total and you sat inside and they introduced you to two meerkats very cute could walk all over you and you passed a ball to feed them two issues one the meet cats got full as the first people fed them a lot so lost interest and they also just wanted to sleep on one person the instructor tried to entertain but kept on repeating himself and ended up shopping wing photos on his phone after 15 minutes my 13 year old husband as I were bored

Clare S, Owner at Hawks Of Steele, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your email, we would like to explain that obviously the welfare of the meerkats are our main priority they are not there to perform for the public, we would not in any case make them doing anything they didn't want to, the phone part of the experience shows videos of the meerkats when they were babies this is shown in every experience to show people what our meerkats were like growing up as you will see from other reviews this is something people enjoy and is educational. We are sorry you didn't find this experience more entertaining but as i have mentioned meerkats are animals and their welfare comes first.

Thank you.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had a great time meeting the meerkats and learning about them. I had them lying on my knee going to sleep

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Had a fantastic time lots of one on one time with all the birds very friendly and experienced handlers, the hawks obviously had a great loving relationship with them. Would recommend to anyone