Freddies Santai Sumurtiga
Sabang Hill(Sabang)
    Fie Resort(Iboih)
    Hotel Prapat(Banda Aceh)
    Average 3/5
      88 Hotel Atjeh(Banda Aceh)
        Hotel Medan(Banda Aceh)
        Hotel 61(Banda Aceh)
        • Restaurant
        All reviewsbuffet dinnerhis teampulau wehbanda acehevery eveningsea viewcall to prayerpizzadelicious foodfamily roomhis guestfreddies santaian excellent hostsnorkeling tripsoupvery reasonable pricefree water
        FilterAll languages
        Reviewed 18 March 2017

We loooved our stay at Freddie's. This place is amazing. We had a bungalow with balcony and ocean view and could hang our hammock. Good place for snorkeling, located directly at the beach with white sand, turquoise water and palms. Freddie prepares different dinner buffets each night. He introduces his guests and the food which is delicious. You get soup, appetizer, buffet with at least 10 different dishes and desert. He surprised us each night with different dishes from around the world with family atmosphere. Wish we could have taken Freddie, his place and the crew with us when we left. This is a great place. Breakfast buffet is also very good. Don't know how he does it with these affordable prices.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
        Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed 6 days on Pulau Weh at Freddie's.
        It is a great spot there and from the very first moment we felt welcome and cosy!
        We had a bungalow next to the restaurant.
        The view from there and from the restaurant is STUNNING at all times of the day!
        Bungalows are simple but clean and quite big. Had two electric fans in there and always hot water.
        Freddie is really a great host and tries his best to make it the best stay for every guest!
        He likes cooking and it is really good food he prepares night by night! We especially enjoyed and appreciated his get together in the evening. Before the "Menu of the Day" starts, he will welcome every single person, asking them how there day was spent and if they experienced something special. Than he talks about his day and tells about the menu in detail and with passion and love:-) ! Just like a family!
        Also other people not staying at Freddie's are welcome and like to come, especially at weekends.
        The beach is not too big but with white sand. Which is special because there are not too many sandy beach-spots on the islands. Water is clear, snorkeling is ok.
        You always have the chance to book a snorkeling tour/dive to get to the really amazing underwater-spots of the island!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
        1  Thank Anja-Svea
        Reviewed 10 March 2017

We stayed in the family room. The room was clean and tidy. The service was fantastic and the owner was super friendly. Would love to come back and spend my holiday there. The private beach was lovely but just have to be careful with the rocks - scratched my foot a couple times. The only downside is the parking area from the resort is a bit of a walk. But other than that I would recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
        Reviewed 9 March 2017

I arrived at Freddies with my parents and stayed there just for one night.
        our room is facing the sea which was great and the room was clean. The only think they could do better is that not allowing people to smoke anywhere they like especially in the restaurant because some people cannot stand the smoke and it spoils the nice breeze. So far we had a good time

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
        Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

As my first solo trip in SEA, Freddies has left me wanting more, to explore places just like this. Freddy and his staff takes every effort to ensure every guest has an enjoyable stay throughout. I initially booked just three nights and extended for another two just because this place is pure paradise. I do not dive nor snorkel. For 5 days, it was spent with a book in my room directly facing the sea, on the hammock in my balcony, at the restaurant or on the beach. I took a day tour to visit other places on the island like Gapang and Iboih and nothing beats the place at Freddies with the private beach. Some days, I have the beach all to myself. What i appreciated most staying at Freddies was participating in the buffet dinner. Before the commencement of dinner, Freddy would ask each and every guest present what they did for the day before reading out the menu. The menu and music changes every night. He also takes very good care of guests with special diet, always trying to come up with a menu which would cater to everyone's delight and he has not failed.

Anyway, it is a hassle to get to Pulau Weh with flights and ferry etc. I hope this place is never found (for selfish reasons)!

Definitely going back again!

Much love to Freddy and staff for making my stay comfortable and enjoyable.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo