“Excellent resort!!”

Freddies Santai Sumurtiga
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Sabang
Reviewed 10 March 2017

We stayed in the family room. The room was clean and tidy. The service was fantastic and the owner was super friendly. Would love to come back and spend my holiday there. The private beach was lovely but just have to be careful with the rocks - scratched my foot a couple times. The only downside is the parking area from the resort is a bit of a walk. But other than that I would recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 9 March 2017

I arrived at Freddies with my parents and stayed there just for one night.
our room is facing the sea which was great and the room was clean. The only think they could do better is that not allowing people to smoke anywhere they like especially in the restaurant because some people cannot stand the smoke and it spoils the nice breeze. So far we had a good time

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

As my first solo trip in SEA, Freddies has left me wanting more, to explore places just like this. Freddy and his staff takes every effort to ensure every guest has an enjoyable stay throughout. I initially booked just three nights and extended for another two just because this place is pure paradise. I do not dive nor snorkel. For 5 days, it was spent with a book in my room directly facing the sea, on the hammock in my balcony, at the restaurant or on the beach. I took a day tour to visit other places on the island like Gapang and Iboih and nothing beats the place at Freddies with the private beach. Some days, I have the beach all to myself. What i appreciated most staying at Freddies was participating in the buffet dinner. Before the commencement of dinner, Freddy would ask each and every guest present what they did for the day before reading out the menu. The menu and music changes every night. He also takes very good care of guests with special diet, always trying to come up with a menu which would cater to everyone's delight and he has not failed.

Anyway, it is a hassle to get to Pulau Weh with flights and ferry etc. I hope this place is never found (for selfish reasons)!

Definitely going back again!

Much love to Freddy and staff for making my stay comfortable and enjoyable.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 March 2017

If you are looking for a relaxing getaway, go for it. As was described in previous evaluation, this is a perfect place. Freddie is really a special person, who cares so much.
We went every evening for his diner, which was always great and you see how much he cares if you like it. Freddie organized for us one day snorkeling trip (the guy was really good, we have enjoyed it so much) .
If Freddie is not present, it is obviously not running as smoothly as when he is there, but we were fine with it (the room was not cleaned only once in the whole week, guess what day it was... :o)
Freddies colleague booked for us a car for half day and it wasn´t as great as the driver didn´t speak ANY english, so when we asked him to take us to the fish market, he just didnt understand and was driving us just around until we realized, he is just trying to "kill the time" and to drive us around as this was what he was paid for....

But if you consider to stay here, go for it. It really is a nice part of the island, clean beach (or lets say the cleanes we have seen in Weh island) and sea and you will get a great service for very reasonable price !

Stayed: February 2017
Reviewed 2 March 2017

We stayed at Freddies for a week and loved and enjoyed it so much.
We travel much and saw great places but we never ever write a review.
This time we just have to cause we where overwhelmed by the love he puts in his work.
Freddie is the perfect host, takes care of everyones needs and makes you feel more than welcome.
The beautiful place, the incredible food, and the love for the details makes it a real paradies !

Thank you Freddie for everything and a big compliment to your great staff!

Michi & Tino

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tin0berlin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sabang
37.3 km away
Anoi Itam Resort
#3 of 5 in Sabang
9.3 km away
Treetop Guesthouse and Bungalows

Been to Freddies Santai Sumurtiga? Share your experiences!