“Terrible Customer and Delivery Service”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
India Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 17 Restaurants in Ellerslie
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We ordered a delivery and it took two hours for our food to arrive as they had delivered to the wrong house. Then when the food finally did arrive, we received no apology or no complimentary offers until I told the driver we had been waiting two hours and can you do anything for us here. He called his manager they decided to knock $4 of a $54 dollar bill!
Absolute Joke!!

This is the second issue I have had with India in Ellerslie as I picked up a takeaway before and discovered ants in the rice. I let it slide as a once off but the above issue has driven me to review these guys!

Lots of other good Indians around to go to. Try AJadz in Ellerslie or Indian Accent in Lunn Avenue. Much better quality of food, customer/delivery service and friendly staff.

Strongly recommend avoiding India Bar & Restaurant - Ellerslie

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Great food, great service. Lamb Madras.and Chicken Tikka Ma3sala. Excellent flavour profile and quality. Well Done

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Was disappointed in reviving stone cold meal.
When I phoned guy passed me onto manager, the manager told me it was not common for meal to be cold when having takeaway.
Good in offering to drop of meal to me at work. I agreed however should have asked for money back. As it arrived Luke warm and the chicken was chewy.

Reviewed 13 February 2018

Foods pretty good, but the service is operating in an alternate reality I think, maybe it was just a glitch in the cosmos and life as we know it when we visited? An hour of our precious life dissolved into nothingness while waiting for our main after finishing our starter, our empty plates never magically got up and removed themselves..guess this is what the 3 waiting staff presumed was going to happen?

Ordered drinks were vanishing from memory in the blink of an eye, along with ordered food we never saw, the same soggy poppadoms returned twice after ordering an hour previous, they must have forgotten to become a conscious, sentient being and deliver themselves to our table. Some had eaten mains an hour before the others arrived, apparently ours werent going to come until our starters had been cleared? Again how was this to happen if nobody bothered clearing them away..

Had some good curries time for a change, can't put myself through the experience again, its soul destroying and i don't think I could mentally survive another sit in without developing PTSD

Reviewed 26 January 2018

Late lunch.
Trouble with eating alone is having to select only one dish. Tried paneer pakora starter - as tasteless as the sauces that accompanied it - and tandoori chicken salad that was so slathered in mayo it was like a giant blob. No taste of tandoori whatsoever.
I can't say anything about other dishes as there are some good reviews here but certainly my meal was less than memorable.