20 people are viewing this hotel
US$326
Free cancellation until 21/06/26
US$325
Free cancellation until 21/06/26
Reserve now, pay at stay
Prestigia.com
3 175
1 375
3 175
1 375
All reviews world cafe seaside grill el patio fish italian restaurant adult pool lobby bar partial ocean view kids club wedding planner jacuzzi on the balcony a la carte restaurants breakfast and lunch preferred club spanish coffee my pleasure ocean front
Selected filters
22 - 27 of 5 299 reviews
Reviewed 29 December 2020 via mobile

Even during a global pandemic, Dreams Huatulco Resort and Spa was an incredible experience. The staff pride themselves on making guests feel so welcome and the resort is kept meticulously clean. There are so many activity options to choose from including water sports, nightly entertainment to a truly unique Mezcal bar with a very knowledgeable staff member who is so happy to teach others how to make authentic drinks such as an agave mule. If you go, make sure to ask for Irlanda! I would recommend this resort for families looking for a truly fun, relaxing experience.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Dreams Huatulco, Ventas at Dreams Huatulco Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2021

Dear Gieter76:

Thank you very much for this wonderful review, which we are sure, will help all the TripAdvisor community to make the right decision when it comes to choosing the ideal resort for their family vacation.

It’s a pleasure to know that this experience was a very positive one, highlighted by our great service! We’re sure that your feedback will serve as an encouragement to our team, as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. We will for sure, share your kind comments with Irlanda and our entire team.

We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you again.

Reviewed 28 December 2020

First let me state that although I have rated my overall experience as "Very Good"; I wanted to say that there was "Excellent" service provided by certain individuals that made our stay there near perfect. Let me start by pointing out that two dancers provided a "Wow" factor in the entertainment department. They were Citlali Barona Rodiles and Diego Olmos Cruz; these two dancers danced their heart out and provided very professional shows. In the food service department; we experienced detailed treatment by one of the food servers. His name was Edgar, always eager to satisfy our needs with utmost perfection. I point out these employees; because of them, we won't hesitate to stay at this resort again. The negatives that I would point out would be the pillows; they need to be changed for more comfortable ones and the food variety.

Date of stay: November 2020
Dreams Huatulco, Ventas at Dreams Huatulco Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2021

Dear Rolandom868:

Thank you very much, for reserving with us at Dreams Huatulco Resort & Spa, and also for taking the time to share with us your positive comments and your concern. As a hotel aimed at excellence, service, and hospitality provided and each of our guests is fundamental within our philosophy, that is why we are very satisfied to read their very positive impressions of the service provided by some elements of our staff, who deserved their special mention. We deeply regret to read your opinion about our pillow selection, be confident we will send your comments to our Housekeeping.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the not-too-distant future, in this your home where serving you is a pleasure!

Reviewed 27 December 2020

While we had a decent time during our week at Dream Huatulco, it did not live up to our expectations. I had heard and read a lot of positive things about Dreams, and specifically this resort, but unfortunately, all the negative things I read were also just as true. I had hoped they would not be.
For context, I have stayed at 7 (possibly more) other all-inclusive resorts in Mexico and the Caribbean +, and base my review on my comparison of Dreams with all of those (located in Mexico, DR, St. Maarten). I would also say that we stayed at Dreams as part of an Air Canada Vacations package.
The highlights (positive and negative): Very friendly, very disappointing food, clean, fairly well maintained, excellent "kids' club", nice guests (for the most part); awful internet, good location, small rooms.
Now the details: We stayed as a family of 6 (2 adults and 2 kids aged 5 and 11 in one room, older adults in a separate room) for one week in February. We had rooms 3444 and 3450 in the Preferred section of the resort. This means we had direct ocean front views, free internet access and "unlimited connectivity" (which did not reliably work), access to the Preferred lounge (better snacks and a quiet space), and a more personalized check-in. Check-in was seamless and we felt very welcome. They seemed surprised by 2 men travelling with kids. While I am used to intermittent ignorance, I was still shocked.
The rooms were on the cramped side. The room with two beds had two double beds, not queen beds. Fine for the kids, but tight for the adults (even of small build). The 2 person room had a larger bed. The bathroom was updated, in good working condition, but had no ventilation and always fogged up. Everything else int the room was neat and in good working order (large TV, disk, decent number of drawers, good closet, safe.). Small fridge was restocked regularly.
The food was very disappointing. The World Cafe/main buffet was pretty bad for lunch and especially for dinner. Lacked variety. Buffets usually change themes each night and although some nights were themed differently, the food selection didn't really change in a noticeable way. While the grilled food was much better than the buffet prepared food, it never changed. Kids bar was fairly good. Unfortunately, there was no ice cream after a few days. I was told the ice cream fridge stopped working. Well - how hard is it to fix or replace one in a timely manner? Unfortunate to be there in 30C (95F) weather without ice cream. The a la carte restaurants were much better by comparison, but still around average, although some dishes were very good. Nothing outstanding.
The adventure club for the kids was really excellent. Our youngest (aged 5, almost 6) had a great time and wanted to return each day. The staff were great with her and I would like to send out a special thank you to all 5 of them: Nay, Liz, Beny, Gaby, Meli

Overall, if the buffet food hadn't been so bad, and if the internet actually worked in the rooms, I might rate the hotel very good. I am tempted to rate it 2 stars since its 4.5 average rating is way exaggerated, but I am generously rating it "average" to reflect our overall experience.

Room tip: get a preferred room to guarantee ocean view
Date of stay: February 2020
1  Thank JTO_10

Dear JTO_10

First of all, please accept my sincerest apologies for not living up to the lofty expectations. We want to thank you for your preference in selecting our resort for your holidays as well as for taking the time to tell us about your stay as this will help us to know how to improve our services and offer splendid holiday experiences to all our guests.

Although we were very saddened to read that the internet connection and our food selection did not live up to your expectations, we are grateful for the time you took out of your day to reach out to us and notify us of your experience. We also take the opportunity to thank you that I also mentioned several positive aspects that you experienced during your visit such as the performance of our entertainment team

If you decide to return to Huatulco it will be an honor to welcome you and arrange every detail to give you the superior vacation you and your family deserve.

eConcierge - Social Media

Reviewed 15 December 2020

Lizbeth/ Nayrubi/ Melissa, These ladies were so amazing and made my experience very special. The food AT THIS resort is amazing. Julio at the italian restaurant made us feel like royality. We had the best presentation of a spanish coffee. The following night we had a special dinner with Strawberry Flambe, AMAZING!

Room tip: If you'd like a quiet room select a room on the jungle side near the adult pool.
Date of stay: December 2020
Dreams Huatulco, Ventas at Dreams Huatulco Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2020

Dear Berni:

On behalf of the proud professionals who wear our uniform, We thank you for entrusting Dreams Huatulco Resort & Spa to deliver the amazing vacation experience that you expect.

It’s a pleasure to know that this experience was a very positive one, highlighted by our great animation crew and also our restaurant's manager Julio. We’re sure that your kind review will serve as an encouragement to our team, as we strive to continuously provide a wonderful service.

We are looking forward to your next visit; do not hesitate to contact us for any pre-arrival arrangements.

Reviewed 8 December 2020

First and foremost the lack of transparency is appalling. Your business tactics are very aggressive and borderline illegal.

We asked a staff member for a lemonade cucumber drink which we received with our welcome. I would have paid $1 or $2 or whatever it cost but he said I can't buy one but I can upgrade you to an all inclusive and you can get one. I explained I didn't want an all inclusive just wanted a lemonade. So that was the first problem.

Second was the incident with the Thanksgiving invitation. The invitation has no price on it and second when you invite someone you don't invite them to pay, which is what the front desk told us when we called to make sure Thanksgiving dinner was free. They said yes FREE for room 2203! When we came down to the cafe we were not allowed to eat for free.

The last and most appalling was your hotel DREAMS trying to charge us $100 per person $(300) for not having our bracelets at check out. My wife had a rash and she took it off. She even showed the rash to the lady at the front desk. She didn’t care. We were told that they needed to make copies of our identification and write a letter stating we were not going to pay $300 for not having our bracelets. Your practices are about extracting the most amount of money from foreign tourists and I can say that with confidence because I saw the list of guests at the hotel with my name and my room number and my country of origination.

What I can tell you from this ordeal is that Huatulco is a wonderful place with wonderful people. We did not get an all inclusive for one reason and one reason only, so we can support the mom and pop local restaurants in the area.

These people are starving, they have been hit badly by the pandemic more so than the multi billion dollar hotel chains like Dreams. There wasn't one restaurant that had more than 10 people in it. Small business is dying out there while big business is thriving. We came on vacation but we also have a moral obligation to help the little guy because that is the right thing to do and secondly, I am a little guy too.

BEWARE OF BRACELET FEE IF LOST AND THE HARD SELLING TACTICS. There are too many good hotels to ever come back to this one.

Date of stay: November 2020
1  Thank demetriosusa
Dreams Huatulco, Ventas at Dreams Huatulco Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2020

Dear Demetrio:

it is disheartening to learn that your vacation plans did not work out the way you anticipated. When reading your comments, all of them seem to be derived from a lack of information. First of all, since you booked a Breakfast-Only stay, there is no doubt that your stay did not include other types of additional consumption to breakfast (The invitation to the Thanksgiving dinner was generally sent to all of our guests from the United States and Canada so they could enjoy this tradition during their stay). We would also like to point out that, being a mostly all-inclusive hotel, it is not possible to provide a unit price for the consumption of a single drink or dish, since doing so implies the full payment of a stay plan where this is included.

The policy of the use of bracelets takes relevance when it comes (as in our case) to manage two different hosting plans. Upon the arrival of guests, they are informed that the loss of any bracelet will represent additional charges. There is no reason to suppose that this does not represent a responsibility for the guests when it is an essential part that dictates the type of consumption to which a client is entitled. This was part of our operations policy during the time in which this modality was in force and as we mentioned, this information is provided upon arrival at the reception. We deeply regret that this was the source of your disappointment during your visit. We will take action in the areas of opportunity which during your visit affected communication with the guests, as it is truly a shame when the holidays are clouded by this type of situation for which we sincerely apologize.

We take this opportunity to recognize your intentions to fulfill one of the most important functions of tourism, which is precisely to leave an economic spill on the host community since all the inhabitants of this place have a natural right to participate in the benefits of tourism

We respect that you decide to take another direction in future stays in Huatulco, however, if you decide to give us another opportunity, we will be delighted to receive you and deliver the memorable holiday experience that you deserve.

Warmest Regards.