“AMAZING”

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Villa -
3 Bedrooms, 4 Bathrooms, Sleeps 8
Bunutan, Karangasem, Bali

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 73 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Chinese (Simplified) first
xtacie
san francisco
“AMAZING”
Reviewed 19 May 2011 for a stay in May 2011

Katana Villa in a single word? AMAZING. As a travel industry employee I have the privilege of traveling extensively. Nowhere have I ever stayed with as much character as Katana nor have I ever had such a unique vacation experience. From my initial contact with the owner Leslie to the moment we grudgingly departed the property all was perfect. The villa is comprised of 3 separate bungalows surrounding a beautifully landscaped pool and the open-air living/dining/kitchen area is at the pool's edge. I had watched the videos on youtube and had an impression as to the property's layout but it did not prepare me for the character that is Katana. All week I would notice another detail that I had previously missed. The villa is located up a steep drive from the road so the only noise you hear is the cascading water from the pool and the fountains dotting the property. The staff is unobtrusive yet all of your needs are met. They are wonderful! The villa comes replete with a resident dog, monkey and kitten who provided hours of entertainment. The staff takes complete care of the animals and you may spend as little or as much time as you'd like with them. We chose the latter and that is definitely what made the Katana experience such an extraordinary one for me. I miss them already! There are scooters available for your use and the local restaurants will also pick you up. After our mornings dives it was such a pleasure to return to the Katana oasis. We would watch the animals play, take a dip in the pool, have dinner, (sometimes catered in by Bali Waenis which is a great option after a long day of diving or exploring) and then have a massage which was also arranged for us on site. Absolute paradise. I cannot recommend Katana highly enough!

Travelling group: Friends
23 May 2011
Hi Xtacie, it has been such a delight to correspond with you and to hear your joy all throughout your stay...as well as your contact with me after you left. It always warms our hearts when our guests enjoy the spirit of Katana as much as you have. Thank you also for posting photos and also opening up a gallery on Picasa...isn't that a part of google? We also look forward to see your videos! We feel blessed that Katana Villa is attracting such lovely people like you as well as all the others that have stayed with us.
Maxbott20...
“A very special place”
Reviewed 28 April 2011 for a stay in April 2011

We stayed for 4 days which was not long enough. The villa compound is very beautiful in a quirky way. Made, Wayan and the staff are very welcoming and helpful. There is plenty to see and do or you can just relax and enjoy the villa and the view.Amed is quiet and peaceful and we came way longing to return. Leslie was a pleasure to meet and the booking was simple. Thanks for a fantastic few days

23 May 2011
It was a delight for all of us to have you here... and I agree that 4 days was not nearly enough for all you wanted to fit in. As I remember you were all enjoying the scooters very much, especially your sons - even though one of your boys slid after slipping in some sand. Glad he didn't get too hurt! We definitely look forward to your next stay and hopefully with more time spent!
MissAustr...
Sydney, Australia
“OMG....BALINESE HEAVEN!!”
Reviewed 9 March 2011 for a stay in March 2011

Hi Everyone, just wanted to give a quick review on my stay at the beautiful Katana Villa. Ladies, I can say this resort is super clean and modern. I am a bit fussy and was really worried about what to expect when going to Bali. Although Amed is located a little further than the usual Tourist haunts like Kuta, you really get the feel and culture of "true Bali" and the welcoming Balinese locals. Once you get to Katana Villa, you have all the creature comforts of home and you can relax in luxury. To be honest I felt like the villa should have been featured on the show "Cribs" as the decor and creative flair of the resort was amazing. If you speak to Leslie the Owner, she has put in a lot of work collecting her furnishings from all around the world. Katana felt more like a home than the standard impersonal hotel feel. I was staying for work, so I hosted a dinner at the Villa for my collegues and was able to arrange private caterers through Leslie. The food was amazing and we all had a wonderful time. If you are an animal lover like I am there is a monkey, dog, fish etc....I would usually miss my cat whilst I am travelling, but I had the company of Geisha (the dog) who was gentle friend during my stay. Don't be put off by her scary bark when you first drive up to the Villa. Ladies, just so you know, the electricity in Bali can sometime switch off, one of the realities of Bali I am afraid. So when this happens there is no electricity or running water i.e. shower, sink, WC etc...This did happem a during my stay at Katana, but Leslie was great in assisting us with temporary lights and showing us to our villas in the dark. She was a truly wonderful host throughout our stay. I would recommend this Villa to others and in fact am planning to return for my next holiday.

Visit was for: Business
Travelling group: Colleagues
23 May 2011
We all enjoyed your visit and getting to know you. I am rarely there when a guest arrives and I am always tickled when we do meet in person! It was also a thrill for the staff to meet your group of film makers! We hope to see you again one day! Cheers!
Mike29769...
Jimbaran, Indonesia
“Comfortable Paradise with Unique Character”
Reviewed 3 March 2011 for a stay in February 2011

I've lived in Bali for the past 8 years and have spent many weekends at different villas around the island but none compare to Katana Villa. It is so unique and has everything you could dream of. Most villas have that cookie cutter feeling and somewhat boring contemporary design but Katana Villa is oozing with character and charm. My family and I really loved all of the eclectic designs and unique furniture. Each of the three rooms have their own destinctive character but all equally fantastic. The staff were all very friendly and there when you needed them but also knew how to give you space. Our kids loved the incredible pool with it's slide and hidden grotto which is the focal point of the villa that overlooks the sea below. A full kitchen to make your own meals or you can order out from the many restaurants nearby. Also a full gym and plenty of books to choose from. Katana Villa is a great place for a quick weekend getaway or a month long retreat with either family or three couples. It's one of those places you have to see and experience to really understand how special it is. I'm looking forward going back with friends soon. Two thumbs up!!!!

Travelling group: Family with Young Children
8 Mar 2011
Mike, it was a pleasure to have you and your family here. The staff spoke very highly of you. Glad to hear you enjoyed the Katana library! We look forward to your future visits.
Best wishes, from all of us at Katana Villa !
HHKing
Los Angeles, California
“Katana Villa is a dream.... It's beauty blew me away!”
Reviewed 27 February 2011 for a stay in May 2010

Katana Villa is a dream! I was blown away by the beautiful gardens and spectacular views. The owner Leslie ? (I'm bad with names) was very warm and inviting, as was all of the personnel. This place has everything you need. There is a fully equipped kitchen which was great because one of my friends caught a fish and the staff cleaned it for us and then we were able to grill it in the kitchen with some condiments already there. There is also a full gym, a washer and dryer, scooters, and complimentary wi-fi, which is a huge plus! My first time there was in May of 2010 with a few friends and we all loved it...especially the amazing pool! Now I plan to return this summer as part of my 'Honey Moon." I highly recommend Katana Villa for anyone traveling to East Bali!!

Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing