Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
Priceline
StayForLong
All reviews excellent hosts beds region wineries stellenbosch guesthouse
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 November 2017

While looking for a last minute stay in Stellenbosch for one night last Friday, I called up Charlotte at Sanddrif based on listed reviews. Well what a disaster!

First she told me quite emphatically they were full. When I mentioned that some of the booking sites showed availability, she hesitated. She then told me she had looked in her book and they actually only had one booking, but didn't usually take bookings for a one night stay. In this instance however, if I paid cash to make it worth her while, she would accommodate us. I was told to look at the website and decide which room we wanted and email her on the email address listed and she would confirm.

Well I
emailed her on the Wednesday and heard nothing back. I emailed her again on the Thursday and again received absolutely no response. If this is the wonderful service and warm hospitality the 2016 reviews are talking about - I am flummoxed!

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2016

At Sanddrif you wont even find a detail to be criticized. Everything is just perfect. Already while driving up the alley from the entrance to the main building you can feel the owner's dedication. Every spot on the estate is perfectly maintained. We have been living in all six rooms so far, all of them are little paradises, with the riversuites on top. It is really hard to beat the hospitality of Charlotte and Ben. As long as they will be there we will come back. Thanks for your friendship. Thomas and Franziska

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 November 2016

We stayed in one of the self catering cottages and it was excellent although we didn't use the facilities. The accommodation was very modern and clean.
We had breakfast prepared by Charlotte who is a lovely lady with lots of local knowledge.
There are some very nice wineries located within less than 15 minutes drive.
Would stay again rather than in town.

Room tip: One of the self catering cottages.
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2016

This guest farm is near Stellenbosch in an absolutely beautiful, well kept setting. The accommodation is very neat, clean and the furnishings done in good taste. Charlotte is an engaging hostess, always willing to share information about the area - best restaurants, wine farms etc. Also shared maps and other appropriate material. Loaded the details to our "Favorites" on the GPS as we will be back.

Room tip: Suites next to the dam are private and self catering an option.
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

We booked out Sanddrif for our wedding party last weekend. What an amazing place! Charlotte and her staff could not have done more to make our stay more enjoyable! After recent renovations, the rooms were gorgeous and very well equipped. Breakfast was delicious and we were very lucky with the weather so able to sit out on the patio and enjoy the views. Charlotte thought of everything and even brought us homemade biscuits while we were getting dressed for the wedding! We felt completely at home and I would highly recommend Sanddrif to anyone looking for a relaxing stay in Stellenbosch.

Date of stay: September 2016