Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews excellent hosts beds region wineries stellenbosch guesthouse
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 December 2015

Booked just two days in advance for four adults via the Stellenbosch Visitor Centre, these apartments turned out to be ticking all the boxes in terms of value for money. The owners are just nice and very obliging and, as German and Dutch natives, do of course speak perfect German and Dutch. Add clean, spacious rooms, comfy beds, a great poolside and lekker breakfast (among other things), plus nice restaurants and of course Stellenbosch in the area and just a 45-minute ride or so from Cape Town and its Airport - and you have it.

Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Mr_M_Mo
Reviewed 5 August 2015

This is the second time I stayed at Sanddrif Guesthouse. It is a lovely place to stay with beautiful gardens, nice views and clean comfortable rooms. The rooms are spacious, clean and neat. The breakfast is great and you are attended to by the lady of the house while she makes breakfast to your order. I really felt at home. Its a lovely stay especially if you are in Stellenbosch to relax.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2015

Beautiful setting in an ideal location. Our accommodation was very clean and homely and we had everything we needed. The views were stunning. Our hosts Ben & Charlotte made us feel very welcome and Charlotte made us a great breakfast. Their recommendations for restaurants were spot on. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit and would definitely return

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2015

Just the most beautiful place to relax and unwind. Great time to visit in the autumn with all the colours and the quietness. Love the bird life, not to mention the wineries and brilliant restaurants so close. A place which definitely calls for a revisit. Ben and Charlotte are so welcoming.

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2013

My wife and I are Americans and we enjoyed our two night stay at Sanddrif in the Pool Cottage. We enjoyed Charlotte's and Ben's hospitality. The rooms and gardens were beautiful. The views of Stellenbosch from Sanddrif were spectacular. The breakfast was excellent. Charlotte's recommendations of good restaurants and vineyards were all excellent.

I am a native of California. I felt that Stellenbosch reminded me a lot of Santa Barbara and Santa Ynez. Santa Ynez is a wine region south of Napa that produces a lot of very good Pinto Noir wines. My wife and I happened to run into the wife of the wine maker at Waterford. She has been to Santa Ynez and agreed with my assessment of Stellenbosch. For those who have not been to Santa Barbara and Santa Ynez, these are two beautiful coastal regions that are two hours to three hours north of Los Angeles, California.

The vegetation in Stellenbosch is similar and often the same to that found in South California. They have eucalyptus trees, palm trees, bougainvillea flowering plants, agapanthus, etc. The vegetation looks like the chaparral vegetation found in South California.

Our only regret about Sanddrif is that we did not stay here longer.

Date of stay: October 2013