“Excellent location, and value - will visit again!”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 14 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
A TripAdvisor Member
“Excellent location, and value - will visit again!”
Reviewed 15 November 2016 for a stay in June 2016

Excellent secluded spot with short drives to excellent hiking locations along the Bruce Trail, from Owen Sound to Tobermory.

Paul M
“Ideal cottage for nature lovers and escarpment lovers”
Reviewed 8 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

We've travelled to the Bruce every summer for over a decade, and stayed at many places. This cottage is my favourite and we've spent a week here for the past three summers. I love the setting, the water is clear and shallow enough for young kids off the shore but deeper off the dock. The view is spectacular, of course, and it is VERY quiet and secluded which is really the thing I like the best. The cove is sheltered: sometimes the lake is still and smooth as glass. You can watch loons fishings. We saw an otter one evening. The night sky is amazing. The Bruce trail a short walk up the road. Lion's head is 15 min away. Tobermory is about a 50 min drive.

This place has a bit of everything you'd want. Three decks, a dock, three kayaks, a fire pit, wifi, decent satellite TV, a great view, small functional kitchen, and three bedrooms. Lots of firewood and a quality grill. The coffee maker is a premium "cuisinart" with an insulated carafe which is a nice tough. and the owners/maintainers keep the kitchen knives properly sharpened so that food prep is easy and fun. Coffee mugs and wine cups from local pottery (which you can find for same at some local shops.

All in all, if I were building or buying my own cottage it would be almost like this. It's close to perfect.

We booked via RentCottage.com, and they have always been good to deal with. We've rented from them for 6 years and will in the future.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: quiet
Liked least: I do wish there was a laundry, but i did not miss it
Travelling group: Teenagers
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
kathsaur
Toronto, Canada
“Relaxing!”
Reviewed 2 October 2012 for a stay in August 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a week at the end of August. Exactly what I hoped for: clean and all the amenities we needed, but also a little bit rustic. The kayaks were a wonderful bonus. We enjoyed hiking around sections of the Bruce Trail (straight from the cottage), gazing at the view from the deck and nighttime woodfires. Quiet and private. There no sandy beach and the waters are rocky, so it was a little challenging wading in over slippery rocks, but totally worth it. Nice clear water for swimming.

We had one issue with the BBQ not working properly, but the owner popped by the same day we called and fixed/replaced it with a working one. Great experience all around!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
London
Reviewed 21 September 2012 for a stay in August 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Kitchener
Reviewed 11 September 2012 for a stay in June 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing