“Stag Do Racing”
Review of Daytona Manchester

Daytona Manchester
Ranked #3 of 19 things to do in Stretford
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Overall a good experience on the track and pretty good value for money. All our lads on our party agreed that the £60 we had paid for the amount of time we got racing was well worth it.

Go Karts were pretty quick too, and everybody had a great time.

Thank you!

1  Thank Chris P
DaytonaMSport, Owner at Daytona Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Thanks for the five star review. We are delighted that everyone enjoyed your Stag Party race event.

All reviews
"endurance race"
"great indoor"
"safety video"
in 4 reviews
"staff were really helpful"
"work colleagues"
"his friends"
"my son"
in 12 reviews
"great afternoon"

Reviewed 18 June 2018

As we arrived we were greeted by two unfriendly faces who directed us to computers to upload details, this was a painful process which some of the group had to repeat due to unclear instruction. After this we were told 'here are your overalls' and that was it... No mention of 'please wait over there' or 'you'll be on 45 MINUTES AFTER YOUR ARRIVAL.'

This is something we had to find out on our own. We just stood about in reception in our hot overalls with no direction from anyone.

Eventually another unwelcoming / un-enthusiastic person came out and shuffled us all into a side room to watch a safety video, openly rolling his eyes when we said 2 of our group were by the track watching other racers.

When everyone was in the room for the safety briefing there was no enthusiastic induction, the man just switched on the overly loud tv and said 'you have to watch this before you begin'.

All the staff were slumped around looking bored and like they couldn't wait to leave.

There was no enthusiasm afterwards about the winner and no-one around to take pictures on the podium.

It was overall a dyer experience.

Finally (I know this can't be helped by the staff' but 3 / 6 of us felt extremely nauseous after the racing, one even vomited. It's a small track and indoors so the constant winding and smell of fumes was very unpleasant.

Will not be returning.

Only reason this has a 3 is because 2 of the boys in the group enjoyed the actual racing.

DaytonaMSport, Owner at Daytona Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Thanks for taking the time to review your visit to Daytona Manchester. Whilst we are delighted that6 some of the drivers enjoyed the racing, we are disappointed that you did not enjoy every aspect of your visit. We will ensure that your comments are brought to the attention of the venue team.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Kids loved it. Bit of waiting around but that can’t be helped. Very well organised & safe.
Getting dressed up was all part of the experience & helped with the excitement & experience.

Thanks for taking the time to review your visit. We are delighted that the kids enjoyed their event.

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

I visited Daytona Manchester as part of a work colleagues leaving do in June 2018.

There was 7 of us and we had the track to ourselves from 6:30pm.

We were given overalls, gloves, hair nets, helmet and neck braces to wear and then had to attend the safety briefing before being allowed on the pit lane.

I’m not going to lie, I was so excited and the thought of racing against everyone was thrilling!

The briefing was very informative despite being a little tongue and cheek, we giggled a lot at the guy on the video!

After seeing the track and receiving our helmets it was time to get into our karts... now I’m not the slimmest woman in the world but still.. it’s worth noting (if you’re tall and “curvy” like me) that the seats are extremely small, in my opinion.
Thankfully the peddles on my kart were moved further away as my knees were practically touching my chin when I first sat down!

The actual race itself was fantastic. We had 25 mins on the track and only a few “half speed” laps which was good.
The bridge section was definitely my fav part.

The speed on the karts is fast, by the way, don’t think that this is a kids sport because it’s really much much more!

It’s fair to say I really enjoyed myself and was super happy with coming 4th!

Also wanted to mention the score card that you receive at the end; it’s so detailed and really informative! Great if you’re with a really competitive group. A good discussion point for after the race...

Well worth a trip!

Just have a go!

You never know, you might love it...

Thanks for such a comprehensive review! We are really pleased that all 7 of you enjoyed your visit and hope that lots of readers find your detailed feedback useful when they think about booking an event at Daytona Manchester.

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

My son had a great time at his party here. As did all of his friends. It is very professionally set up and gives the feel of a real race track. All the boys loved it. There were 10 of them.
It is very expensive, was around £450 for the party and food for 10 Kids, it was only chicken nuggets & chips with ice cream. The guy who was the party host was very professional and friendly.
The only thing that I found as a negative was that my son being as excited as he was was too busy chatting to his friends, one of his friends who had had a party there previously got himself to the front and he was the 1st to go. It should have been my son as it was his party and the staff should make sure this happens! Apart from that all was great!

Thanks for the excellent review of your son's party at Daytona. We note your suggestion re making sure the birthday boy is in the first kart!