Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.com
Booking.comUS$148
TravelocityUS$145
Orbitz.comUS$145
eDreamsUS$148
All reviews indoor pool spa massage cape town quiet neighborhood beautiful hotel home away from home atrium rondebosch
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 September 2020

Lovely suite, wonderful shower and water pressure with very well-selected, high quality toiletries, great balcony, excellent breakfast and service. Could do with better quality mattress (bias alert!) - I can help with that.

Date of stay: September 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank N6527JLdave
Reviewed 25 February 2020

I travel nearly every week of my life and so I know world-class service when I experience it. The Banksia staff go out of their way to make you feel welcome, comfortable and at home. This hotel is such a unique property in a fantastic quiet location. It is extremely clean and comfortable. Rizea and Joy went out of their way to make sure that I had everything that I needed during my stay. Thank you very much!!! It is definitely at the top of my list of hotels in Cape Town.

Date of stay: February 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Shelley Kingston, Owner at Banksia Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2020

Good Day

Thank you so much for your kind words.

We had great pleasure hosting you at Banksia Boutique once again.

We look forward to welcoming you back when next traveling to Cape Town.

Keep well until then!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 17 January 2020

Tucked away in a quiet Rondebosch street, this beautiful hotel exceeded all expectations. From the helpful and friendly check-in through to the effortless check-out, my stay here was one of the highlights of my stay in the Cape. Breakfast was superb in a dining area adjacent to an indoor pool. The hotel boasts its own generator, so the pesky electrical load shedding that plagues South Africa is not a problem. Looking forward to my next stay, already booked for April.

Date of stay: January 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank waynecA8701QH
Reviewed 7 January 2020

1.Breakfast was not up to standard. I think the problem was that the poor staff member in charge had to fulfill the roles of chief cook and bottle washer as well as managing the establishment. Cornflakes were stale, Grape-fruit wilted and toast burnt. Bacon on the first day was inedible, it appeared to have been reheated in a microwave. 2. Initially there were no steps or pool ladder in place. I as an 80-year old had to lower myself and pull myself out of the pool. Tiles used around pool dangerously slippery. There were no staff available at the time.

Date of stay: December 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
banksia, Owner at Banksia Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2020

Dear Ms Steyn

It is with great sadness that we receive your review for your unsatisfactory stay at Banksia Boutique.

Banksia Boutique is managed by three Managers. Two of which are on duty for the majority of days - ensuring special attention is given to every aspect of a guests stay.

Together with a Manager, a dedicated Chef and assistant are responsible for the preparing and serving of breakfast.

In saying this however, our Chef did unexpectedly fall ill one morning, and our Manager took over from her in preparing breakfast.

Our breakfasts are freshly cooked and prepared immediately on order. By no means are items "re-heated" in a Microwave.

My sincere apologies should you have been served "burnt toast" and experienced "stale" Cornflakes. This is totally unacceptable and will be taken up with our Chef.

Also, our apologies for the Stairs being removed from the Swimming Pool momentarily to allow for the automatic pool cleaner to clean without becoming entangled in the Stairs. These Stairs are re-positioned immediately after cleaning is complete.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Kindest regards

Shelley Dews
DIRECTOR
BANKSIA BOUTIQUE hotel & spa

Reviewed 18 December 2019

My boyfriend and I spent a lovely weekend at the Banksia hotel. We were warmly received and the room was luxurious and tastefully decorated. We also enjoyed a lovely aromatherapy spa massage which was a great start to the weekend! The atrium and indoor swimming pool is a great place to spend the day reading and relaxing!

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple