All reviews yoga classes laid back the location is perfect pigeon island sri lanka relaxed place whale watching two night stay tasty food off season tuk tuk outdoor shower rooms are basic pleasant stay curries anna coconut
Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

Based on the website and the reviews I expected better: there were no yoga classes even when I had been assured there would be, and the room was a little shabbier than I thought it would be given the price. Its budget accommodation standard. I also expected a bit more of the bar (there wasnt any wine - not even Australian plonk never mind Italian! No cocktails either just beer. Shame because a gin and tonic would really have hit the spot). However the location is fantastic and the hotel as a whole is a relaxing and beautiful place to be. The yoga studio is gorgeous and you can use it when you like, lovely beach, great food (and the home made pesto really is homemade from basil grown in the garden and it is excellent). Breakfast was generous and good, mix of local and western so something for everyone. I would totally recommend the place despite a couple of minor whinges.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sophie W
Anna_Sabbatical, Owner at Bella Nilaveli Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2018

Hi Sophie, thanks for the review and glad you enjoyed our cooking. When booking via e-mail I mentioned that I was away during your stay for a yoga training and there would be no class, glad you still used the yoga space and props as I suggested via e-mail. We will only have bungalows next year and are introducing some new cocktails and wine, so if you come back we'll try to make your experience even better, regards, Anna

Reviewed 24 September 2018

I loved my time at Bella's. It's a relaxing atmosphere and the hosts are friendly and helpful. This is a warm family run place. The beach is stunning and the beach huts are clean and spacious. Really good value for money. Trips can be organised and prices are competitive. I enjoyed the yoga, the setting was lovely and the food was tasty. Thank you Anna, Sameera and Leo I had the best time there with you!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Anna_Sabbatical, Owner at Bella Nilaveli Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Many thanks for this review, it was great to meet you :) all the best, Anna

Reviewed 19 September 2018

This place is paradise on heart, a must see!

The place is simply amazing... the location is perfect, super close from the beach, beautiful cabanas, a nice garden, and with organic vegetables and herbs and guess what... you can eat those fresh vegetables in their cafe! The pesto pasta are just YUMMY! (made with their basil!)

But the best thing about Bella is the atmosphere and hospitality. Anna and Sameera were great hosts, super friendly, multilingual and that will make you feel at home.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Anna_Sabbatical, Owner at Bella Nilaveli Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Hello Margaux and thanks so much for this review and glad you enjoyed our restaurant :) all the best, Anna

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

We were surprised how bad it was. old worn out bungalow with hair on the towels, holes in the moskito nets, stained linens, missing towel hangers, ... endless list!
the owners are italians and only interested in the money they make with the long nosed tourists - and unfortunately they don’t even try to hide.
hence it’s expensive and of low quality, service and food.
breakfast was one of the poorest we were served during our whole trip.

very sad as the location is really pretty - therefore one star.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Anna_Sabbatical, Owner at Bella Nilaveli Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Hi and thanks for the review.
I am really sorry you thought this about our property, we are a friendly family run guest house, we offer nice and
good value for money bungalows, we employ local people, train and help the local community.
We provide fresh linen with room and beach towels, we were not told when you arrived there was a problem
and if it was so not convenient for you, why stay here 4 days? I can understand you might not like the rooms or food,
but not how you can judge my family and also my guests like this.
All the best,
Anna

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed at Bella Nilaveli for 3 days during our Sri Lanka trip, and enjoyed it so much we decided to come back for the last 3 days of our time in Sri Lanka (and we were so lucky they could find a last minute room for us). We stayed in the bungalows the first time which were lovely, with a small fridge which was a great luxury for keeping water cold. Our 2nd stay we stayed in the rooms which were also simple and fine. The breakfast served is a lovely start to the day and all the staff here give the place a really friendly and relaxed vibe. The beach was perfect for us with the nice balance of calmness and waves for our young daughter. This is the perfect place to stay for a relaxing beach holiday. You can spend your whole time without leaving the Bella space or there are other activities available to do (with no pressure to do anything if you didn't want to which we liked and was perfect for us). Thanks again, our family had a really great stay here! Lila says hello to Leo :) bisous

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Anna_Sabbatical, Owner at Bella Nilaveli Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

thank you so much for this review and sraying with us kisses to Lila and all the family Anna