Ventana Big Sur, an Alila Resort
US$2 074
Preferred Hotels
Bernardus Lodge & Spa(Carmel Valley)
US$406
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
Lucia Lodge(Big Sur)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe clothing optional poolinfinity hot tubstar servicerestaurant reservationschef paulthe outdoor patio areafantastic restaurantglamping tentshouse restaurantamazing weekendmagnificent propertyquick getawayperfect escapeevery staff membermake tearooms are beautifulr r
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

One of my best friends and I went to Big Sur for 2 nights and we lucky enough to stay with Ventana. This luxurious rugged slice of heaven was the highlight of our coastal adventure. There is a balance of 5 star service with a casual relaxed feel. The resort is nestled in the mountain side with views that are story book worthy. The recent renovations are outstanding and this is one for the bucket list. Outstanding in all aspects, thank you for a wonderful visit!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Gladys P, Guest Relations Manager at Ventana Big Sur, an Alila Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Dorado12 -- Thank you so much for taking the time to post this kind review! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Ventana Big Sur. I will share your message with the staff here...it will make their day to know our guests feel its 'heaven on earth,' just like they do!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

this place is worth every penny. I was about to hold back until I saw reviews and pictures of this place and I don’t regret it at all. My boyfriend loved it, so that means we will for sure be back. It was honestly a dream come true.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Valencia Jeanine--I'm delighted to know that you and your boyfriend enjoyed your stay with us at Ventana Big Sur! I thank you for your kind words and appreciate you taking the time to write us a note. I look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It was beautiful, meticulous, with incredible service. There is no doubt we would return. The glamping experience was a lot of fun, with all our needs thought of and prepared for. The staff were so incredibly friendly and helpful.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much, Shonna, for taking the time to share your glamping experience with us. I am happy to hear you enjoyed spending time among the redwoods and look forward to welcoming you back soon to Ventana Big Sur!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Beautiful Resort, friendly staff, excellent food! Room was large and comfortable. Great opportunities for recreation on and off of the hotel grounds. Yoga daily, hikes daily, and a lovely drive to the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Louwane -- I'm so happy to hear about your great getaway! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with us and I'm especially glad that you were able to include a yoga class and hike during your stay. I look forward to seeing you at Ventana Big Sur again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed here with my fiance for 3 nights and the resort is spectacular. The staff and people that run the resort go to the nth degree to make you feel welcome and at home. Our stay here was nothing less than warm. The room was great with one of the best views you could want of the pacific. The hammock outside was a nice touch and used during the day and night for gazing at the stars. This resort was one of the few times where the hype is real. Hands down would stay here again and recommend to fellow travelers.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Hello Johnathan -- Thank you so much for taking the time to share your Ventana experience with us! Your kind message is appreciated and I will share with the staff; it makes us all happy to know that our contributions result in a wonderful stay for our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon at Ventana Big Sur!