US$582
Excellence Resorts
US$743
US$362
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$516/night.

US$856
US$493
US$597
US$469
Priceline
Grand Residences Riviera Cancun(Puerto Morelos)
US$488
US$314
US$406
US$270
Priceline
Hotel Arrecifes Suites(Puerto Morelos)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$1 139
US$692
Cancelon
Abbey del Sol(Puerto Morelos)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 04/08
3 594
2 478
3 594
2 478
All reviewsplatinum clubmurphy bedcliff jumpinfinity pooltime shareplatinum servicebedroom suiteconvention centerkids clubfamily vacationwater shoesboogie boardsitalian restaurantfire showmain poolmain buffetswim up bar
39 - 44 of 7 411 reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

El CID was great! We really enjoyed our stay there, the only down side was the beach. It was really dirty and the water looked very muddy. The pictures listed on their website show crystal blue water, but its not that way. Other than that we loved it, hotel was very nice, rooms and property well kept and clean. Several restaurants to choose from and their food is DELICIOUS! We give EL CID a 4.5 and this is because we were really looking forward to spending days with the kiddos at the beach and we couldn't.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
IvanBringas, Gerente at Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear guest

On behalf of all the staff at El Cid, I would like to express our gratitude for your preference, your recent stay and your comments on this site. It is fantastic to read that you had a great experience, and that our staff and facilities fulfilled your expectations. It would be awesome to see you again anytime soon.

Warm regards.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Hotel, service and restaurants were very good but the swimming from the beach was not good the waters are very murky. I had to take a snorkel tour to experience to crystal clear waters which was fun but not much freedom and the time in the water was way too short.

Room Tip: The person who cared for our room did a fantastic job was friendly and courteous. yes she got a big tip but no improvements needed.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mikeclif2n

Dear Mike

It is great to learn that you had a satisfactory experience on your recent stay at El Cid; I would like to add that we are currently experiencing a seasonal phenomenom that affects the whole coast, but at El Cid we are constantly cleaning the beach in order to keep it enjoyable for our guests. Our priority is to provide a great service and make your vacation an unforgettable positive experience!

It would be great to have the pleasure to serve you again in a near future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed here in June 2018 and it was a wonderful experience. We did upgrade to the Platinum level. Not sure if it was worth it or not. We did have a "butler" but it was just more of a concierge. You have a dedicated line to call but it's just calling to the operator as most of the time we had to get transferred to the Platinum people. We did take advantage of the Platinum lounges as they always had food out (cookies, choc. covered strawberries, little sandwiches, etc) plus they have a better variety of top shelf drinks. The wine is the same as the rest of the resort, not good. But my kids went in and got cookies every night after dinner. We loved the pool! Cliff dive and the slide was awesome. Went down many times. The pool staff was wonderful they had a ton of activities. The pool is huge which was nice, very busy but never felt overcrowded due to the size. We brought our own thermos cups (Yeti, hydro flask) and they had no problem mixing our drinks in those which kept them nice and cold. I would recommend picking your chairs at the pool early to get a spot you want. We went down before breakfast and claimed our spots with towels. The food was ok. What you'd expect from an all-inclusive. The pizza was awful! I honestly don't know how you mess up pizza but they did it constantly. They do have a few gluten-free options and ask at every restaurant if you have food allergies. Our main complaint is that the spa closes at 7 pm. Many nights we would have liked to go into the spa after dinner but it gets halfway drained and it's not hot. If they kept the spa open till 10 like the pool that would have been great. Also. they charge $60/week for wi-fi on 1 device. Which is outrageous! I can't remember the last time I paid for wi-fi at a hotel. Most people don't have an international calling plan (luckily we did) so you need wi-fi so you can use a texting app to communicate with others. We needed to text to get a hold of our teenagers that were at the resort with us. I think charging for wi-fi, especially that much, is ridiculous. All in all is was a great trip and would recommend.

Room Tip: There are some ground level rooms where you can walk out the slider right too the pool

Dear Amy

We appreciate your kind comments. I would like to tell you that we feel honored to read that you and your family had a great time on your recent vacation at El Cid. Thank you for your feedback regarding those details where we can improve in order to make your experience even better. It would be fantastic to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

5th time here and booking our 6th for January. Highly recommend this resort. The beach isn't that great but if you walk down to the next resort the beach and ocean is rock free. The new section of this resort is amazing and offers adult only pools. Love this place

1  Thank diamondandrea

Dear guest

How amazing it is to read that you have already visited us 5 times, and that you are already planning a 6th visit! Thank you so much for your preference, and for making El Cid, your home away from home. It is great to read that you have already enjoyed our new venues, and finding out that you were satisfied with those new areas.

It will be fantastic to see you again in january!

Best regards.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had a fabulous time on our family vacation. (Family of four with 2 kids, ages 7 and 5). Before we had arrived, I had emailed about getting a centrally located room, since my husband had torn ligaments in his knee and wasn't getting surgery til our return. They gave us a room in building 10 on the ground floor. This was perfect! The resort was smaller, which is what I prefer as well. We have stayed at the "mega-resort all-inclusives" in the past and I would choose El Cid any day. It has something for everyone.

My kids enjoyed the main pool with the slide and cliff jump. We spent most of our days here. The entertainment crew, especially Augustin, were amazing at including everyone. Antonio at the pool bar made me the best margaritas and was great too. The other pools are quieter, and we liked to visit them in the morning some days. The seaweed on the beach was quite bad, but they clean it up daily. Unfortunately, we didn't go in the water at all during our stay. We knew the seaweed situation going into it and were ok with it. If you are beach person, you might want to look elsewhere.

The food was excellent for an all-inclusive. I always felt everything was fresh. Restaurants were good too. The Italian and seafood were probably our favorites. Delores and Aromas were great for dinner and I enjoyed sitting outside at Aroma with a coffee or espresso nightly. My husband wished there was a buffet for dinner on the El Cid side, because Delores is the only buffet for dinner. At first, he also was a little disappointed that there was no 24hr snack bar or quick grab to-go place, but we actually preferred this and realized why they do this. There is no food outside, which means no animals/birds trying to snatch food. I have been to many resorts in the area where the coatis are out of control with this. I didn't see one! The resort is AMAZINGLY CLEAN! Room service is available 24hrs a day and Aromas has fruit and sandwiches to grab and go.

My kids both loved the kids club and took full advantage of it. The girls in there were great! I had no concerns leaving them. It was a nice break for my husband and I.

We can't wait to go back. I love how the El Cid and Ventus sides have different feels yet seamlessly flow together and you have full use of each. The entire resort was extremely clean and staff were wonderful!

Room Tip: Building 10 is near main pool and lobby, centrally located
1  Thank dakunst

Dear guest

It is wonderful to read that you had an excellent family vacation at El Cid, and that you all found something to enjoy. Our "something for everyone" philosophy is focused on bringing choices to all the members of the family, and it is fantastic to learn that we achieved that goal with you and your party. Thank you for recognizing the labor from Agustin at the entertainment, Antonio on the pool bar, the girls from the Kids Club, and, in general, the labor from all our staff, who, we are conviced are the ones behind the magic and the satisfaction of our guests.

It will be awesome to see you again anytime soon!!