“Absolute Paradise”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Kingston, Canada
“Absolute Paradise”
Reviewed 23 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015
people found this review helpful

My husband and I just returned from an absolutely wonderful stay at Casa Toucan 3 in Puerto Morelos. Casa Toucan is very well maintained by the owner Jon and his wife Alicia, who were very welcoming and informative. Our suite was very cozy and romantic, with gorgeous sea views and located literally steps from the beach. The suite had everything we needed-enough dishes, appliances, linens, etc. and it was spotless when we arrived. The location cannot be beat-just out the front door and we were again steps away from the centre of town. There was a market, music, and plenty of amazing restaurants. There are many activities available near by, snorkeling, bike tours, etc. but my husband and I just wanted to have a relaxing, quiet break and we had just that. There were other guests at the Casa but they respected other guests' privacy and space. This was our first visit to Puerto Morelos and to Casa Toucan but we have every intention of returning again and again after our wonderful experience!!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location and the cozy suite we rented
Friends getaway Older travelers
24 Mar 2015
Ruth & Murray -

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your stay at Casa Toucan. It was a pleasure having you here. We are happy that you discovered Puerto Morelos and all that it has to offer against a wonderfully peaceful, tranquil, relaxing backdrop. You are correct that you can stay very busy here with various activities, or you can relax and do nothing at all!

We look forward to seeing you again in 2017. Hasta luego!

Best,
kelly s
winnipeg
“A Perfect Fit!”
Reviewed 10 March 2015 for a stay in February 2015
people found this review helpful

We have vacationed in many tropical locations over the past 11 years. This was our first time visiting Puerto Morelos and it won't be the last. We researched the area thoroughly, and were pretty confident it was a good fit for us. Quaint, laid back, safe town with an exceptional beach / snorkelling, lots of great restaurants and very friendly people. Our most pleasant surprise however, was what a perfect fit Casa Toucan was for us. We stayed in the studio (Toucan 3) and found it to be exactly as advertised. Jon (owner) provided as complete an information package as you could hope for. Any inquiries made prior to arrival received prompt (within an hour or so) reply. Jon and Alicia are superb hosts and played a big part in what has become our favorite vacation to date. Muchas Gracias!

Liked best: location
Liked least: leaving
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway
12 Mar 2015
Kelly & Sharon -

Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay here at Casa Toucan. We are happy that you discovered Puerto Morelos and we hope to see you again soon. It was a pleasure being your host. Hasta luego!

Neesie818
Lino Lakes, Minnesota
“Sweet cozy rental on the Oceanfront”
Reviewed 24 February 2015 for a stay in January 2015
people found this review helpful

When choosing a vacation rental I always start with location, location, location. I could tell Casa Toucan had a premium location on the beach in Puerto Morelos, a town where I once spent a day and dearly wanted to go back. Besides location the things that are important to me are a comfortable bed, cleanliness and good water pressure. Being on a budget I read the reviews of several rentals and thought that Casa Toucan was a good fit for my husband and me. Bingo, my research paid off!
After making the reservation (using Paypal) I was sent 8 pages of instructions. Some instructions were specific to the rental and others were tips and suggestions for dining and excursions in and around Puerto Morelos. I have never received so much information from a private owner before. They were very helpful too.
The villa was small but wonderfully equipped and had a very impressive oceanfront location. You certainly can walk to the restaurants and shops in the central area. My husband couldn’t get over the fact that Casa Toucan 3 had the best bed we’ve ever had in a Mexican rental! I never used the a/c because we caught the breeze off the ocean and also used a ceiling fan over the bed. There was a 5 gallon jug of drinking water in our kitchen and a refrigerator, microwave, silverware and dishes which I used. There was also a cooktop, pots and pans which I didn’t use but were supplied. Bath towels and toilet paper are supplied but like many rentals in Mexico face cloths, bar soap and shampoo is not. No big deal, I know that if you are not renting from a hotel to bring these items. The rental agreement clearly states what is here and what is not so just remember to slip some of those travel items into your luggage.
One pleasant surprise was the phone with free long distance to Canada and the US. It is right on the kitchen counter and you dial it just as you would a phone in the US with area code and number. This is something I have never had at another vacation rental. The wi-fi was great and we also had access to Jon’s personal library of movies which we played on the wall mounted flat screen tv while we were in bed. Touches like these really show that Jon does his best to make you feel at home.
Having a pool and Jacuzzi right outside the door was wonderful! It is small so you won’t be swimming laps but perfect to dip into after soaking up some sun. I appreciated having loungers and chairs and not having to compete for a good chair like so often happens at the big resorts.
If your travel style is similar to ours – you want a nice place in a great location without the big resort feel this would be a good fit for you.

Liked best: premium location
Liked least: signage (hard to find from the street)
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
28 Feb 2015
Denise & Dana -

Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay at Casa Toucan. This is our full-time home, and we want each apartment to be equipped in the way we would want it if we lived in that unit. We would not want to sleep on hard, uncomfortable beds, so neither should our guests! Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed review, and please come back to see us soon!

Best,
Yucatan & New Orleans
Reviewed 7 May 2014 for a stay in April 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
6 Feb 2015
Alan & Heather -

Wow! We are flattered by your kind comments about our home. It is just that to us - HOME - and we try to make it feel like home for our guests as well. We appreciate your feedback, particularly from fellow innkeepers, and we appreciated all of the suggestions you made during your visit about how we could improve a little more. Tricks of the trade are always valuable. Hasta luego amigos! Saludos desde Puerto Morelos, Q. Roo.
Montana
Reviewed 5 February 2014 for a stay in January 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing