21 people are viewing this hotel
6 662
2 208
6 662
2 208
All reviews world cafe seaside grill el patio plunge pool preferred club oceana restaurant swim up bar explorers club kids club french restaurant coco cafe wedding coordinator paella ocean view destination wedding cocktail hour family vacation
Selected filters
73 - 78 of 10 278 reviews
Reviewed 29 July 2021

My family visited Dreams RC for the third time in 7 years recently and we came away with new stories to tell about our visit. From our transfer driver Jorge, who is an incredibly wonderful guy, to the service from start to end at the resort, we had another wonderful vacation. Our room was bright and clean and was a non factor - as it should be. The food was special, especially the French restaurant and Portofino exceeded our expectations again. The entertainment team worked hard to keep everyone active and having fun. I highly recommend the bike ride into Puerto Morelos with Richi. It was an unexpected gem for us. He made the trip fun, educational, and actually got us to exercise a bit without complaint. Jhesus and the pool staff were very engaging, upbeat and kept things fun. Daniel and Jose at the beach bar were our favorites. They were very nice and did so many little things that added to our enjoyment. My wife and I would walk / run each morning and the guys would always have a bottle of water waiting on us when we would return. We met new friends and had more laughs there than at any other part of the trip and Daniel and Jose were a big part of that. I have to mention that the seaweed is a real problem in this area. We were very disappointed at the amount of seaweed on the beach and in the water. In fact, we were unable to go into the water, minus a 3 minute swim from my 10 year old because she was not leaving until she swam in the ocean. The seaweed cannot be blamed on the resort or the staff because they fought the problem all week from sun up until sun down. Just be aware that it is a problem and dont be shocked when you see it. Despite that, The level of service that we receive at the resort always amazes me. This is one of our favorite resorts to visit and we will definitely come back again.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Julio Leos, Otro at Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2021

Dear guest,

We appreciate you have taken the time to share such an enthusiastic review about your recent visit to Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa. We are overjoyed to read that you’ve enjoyed your stay, especially our customer service!

Please be confident that we will share your kind comments with our team as motivation to keep up with our commitment to offering truly remarkable experiences to our guests.

We sincerely hope we can have the honor of being your host again very soon to this, your second home away from home Dreams Riviera Cancun...

Reviewed 28 July 2021

If you are a beach person, the seaweed will be a major issue. We typically stay at secrets as UVC members and have never been disappointed, however we were finally able to take our son and we learned the difference between resorts. I should have realized there would be differences, but I didn’t and it made for a lot of disappointing comparisons. Too many people in the pool because the beach was in such bad shape, long lines and waits to do things and weird layouts of rooms when you need to change or get dressed and your teen is in the room.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank jamieedwards812
Julio Leos, Otro at Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2021

¡Hola!

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your preference at Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa.

Regarding your kind comments, it is important to remember that the Quintana Roo region is currently experiencing a higher than normal amount of algae. Called sargassum, these algae are free-floating and provide a natural and essential habitat for many species of fish, including some in danger of extinction.

During peaks, such as the one currently being experienced, ocean currents naturally bring sargassum towards our shores. The staff of our hotel, together with a tractor, works diligently from early in the morning to remove everything that the tide brings in order to keep our beaches clean and accessible for the enjoyment of our guests.

We encourage our guests to enjoy our infinity pool and take in our breathtaking ocean views. Our pools offer proximity to bars, gourmet dining options and entertainment throughout the day, and most importantly, the service of our friendly and professional staff.

We would like to apologize for the inconveniences that this caused during your stay with us.

Kindest regards

Social media coordinator

Reviewed 28 July 2021 via mobile

Celebrated my birthday with the girls! Few things to point out…grounds are beautiful, pools were nice, and the beach has an awesome view. However, they aren’t swimmable due to the seaweed. Resort is clean and the workers all take COVID-19 very seriously and we’re always wearing mask. Splash pool suite was awesome.

Downside - Bars close at 6pm at the pools and 8pm in the lobby. Premium spot stays open until 11pm. Not much goes on after 7-8pm and your basically in the middle of the jungle so we stayed on the resort the entire 5 day stay.

Food: Steak House and Hibachi spots were delish! Market cafe has a premium entry side door for the Buffet breakfast if you’re a member you can skip the line. Room service is hit or miss. Service was AMAZING! Shot out to Ernesto and Hugo for always taking care of us at the pool. Had a great time. However, can’t help but to mention the mosquitoes…skin so soft and bug spray didn’t help much over all great stay!

Room tip: Bring singles for Tips!
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear guest,

Thank you for your preference and to have chosen Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa as the destination of your recent holiday.

We are thrilled to read that our staff exceed your expectations and help to make wonderful memories during your stay with us and made your stay with us a pleasant experience.

We have shared your comments with our staff as this is the fuel we need not to only appreciate the hard work but also to motivate them.

We thank you again for your kind and encouraging words and know that we cannot wait to host you again soon in this beautiful paradise

Reviewed 28 July 2021 via mobile

I arrived home today and am planning another vacay to decompress from this fiasco of a “resort”. Our group of 10 made the best of our 4 days here - but will never return
Pro’s:
1. Beautiful birthday on the beach and couple dinner set up and service
2. A few friendly staff - Jose and Daniel at the beach bar, Pamela at concierge, beach event planner and staff were wonderful
3. Mango margarita on the rocks. Extra tequila shot with tajin rim
Cons:
1. Check in - oh.my.goodness!! This is the most inefficient and tedious process I’ve ever experienced. Love that bellman take your bags upon arrival to disinfect , enter beautiful lobby but don’t go to the check in desk? We were greeted by Ivan (very nice), offered a drink and was told he’d get us checked in.. wait a bit and handed off to Miguel at the desk - with Miguel have to download an app for the cell phone room key and app for the property - Miguel now has to program your room to individual phones - he goes over some hotel stuff and hand u off to Nicolas to go over your “Resort Credit” … there is no true “credit” amount ($200 or $400. Etc) as advertised- the “credit” is a collection of single use coupons from $10-$40. This is bogus and misleading when advertised as a resort credit. Even more shocking was about seven or eight minutes into this conversation with Nicholas we realize that he is now trying to sell us a timeshare tour as well. This was ridiculously annoying and we cut this conversation short. I did not come to a Dreams resort with the amount paid to rest and relax to have a timeshare presentation pushed on me. This was extremely offputting. We’re told we can now go to our rooms but are never showed how to get to the rooms… We had to figure this out our self. WHY IS CHECK IN SO LONG!!?? If I would have been emailed instructions on what apps to download prior to arrival all that is needed when we get there is programming the key/phone . In covid why did I have to make contact with 3 different people?? AND Im stuck with my cellphone my entire trip since it’s my room key, ugh, so much for disconnecting !
2. Enter our room. Showing some age but we’ll maintained - first odd thing is incense stick and matches! Was confused until the smell of the rotting seaweed from the beach and dumped on the side of the hotel hit us
3. Minibar - soda, water, beer only. No liquor- this is now officially a mini refrigerator, not a mini bar
4. big wad of hair on the bathroom floor, disposed of that ourself
5. headed on down to the beach, the highlight of all my cancun vacays - “eek!” water I a stinky blanket of seaweed/sargassum. I mean nasty, dark brown mats - staff cannot clear the massive amount. This is absolutely not under any control of the hotel; however, I think it would be prudent of the hotel to advertise on their website that this is an ongoing problem so that the customer is not blindsided when they arrive. Management please do not respond to this that the hotel has no control over the beach, I know this and have already stated this however, since there is no beach access for any customers that means that your infinity pool is now overcrowded during Covid. This is an issue If you are not making customers aware of this prior to arrival
6. We had two birthdays and one anniversary in our group of 10, the only “Special touch” Was a sash on the door. Nothing left inside for any of the celebrating parties, no bottle of champagne, no strawberries, no piece of cake, not one happy birthday balloon… a cookie, Absolutely nothing
7. Rude service and extremely mediocre food at Oceana restaurant
8. Rude server at the French restaurant Bordeaux , the server decided to school the “birthday girl” on ordering the macaroon for dessert and advised her that it was a big macaroon and wanted to make sure she wouldn’t waste it… “What?!
9. The breakfast buffet service is painfully slow. The buffet ran out of plates every day that we were there; seriously, how do you run out of plates? Also, the crepe makers, rude, rude, rude!!!
10. We had our do not disturb sign on our door the entire four days that we were there because I do not want other people in my room during covid ) - my daughter is laying in bed topless and unk named male employee entered the room to ask if we wanted it cleaned.. terrified her, she had to yell at him to get out
11. Covid testing process : disorganized And when you get into the testing room to have the test done there is no sanitizing the seats the people sit on while they are waiting. Also the test, which I think is administered by a third-party is not a true Covid test it’s a quick little swipe around inside the entrance of your nostril and they are done. I’ve had multiple Covid test due to work and this is not how it is done. Everyone receiving negative tests out of there is no surprise
12. Concierge: Disorganized, overworked, not enough concierge employees for the number of guests
13. all bars and the minimal activities they have close at 11pm
14. The mosquitoes are out of control - property needs spraying
I could go on but I’m done. I’ve never had a bad resort experience in MX and this was very disappointing. The staff are a mix of burned out and cannot fake the customer service anymore or outstanding. This hotel isn’t even in Cancun, it is far away from everything Cancun (it’s in puerto Morelos) which is sad because it is costly to leave the resort, BUT if you want a clean beach or some nightlife.. you have to leave the resort. This property is charging premium resort prices for a very mediocre at best experience

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank traveler8015

Hola

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your preference at Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa.

We greatly appreciate the time you are taking to share your comments and perceptions about your recent stay at Dreams Riviera Cancun, it is evident that our service and attention fell short and our staff was not able to fully deliver the Dreams Riviera Cancun, experience to our guests are looking for, nor the relaxation and family time you would have expected. We have shared your comments and suggestions with the involved managers who will be checking each situation thoroughly. Be confident that we will make some improvements on the areas that are falling short and we will reinforce the service on the areas that our guests enjoy the most.

Regarding your comments about sargassum to remember that the Quintana Roo region is currently experiencing a higher than normal amount of algae. Called sargassum, these algae are free-floating and provide a natural and essential habitat for many species of fish, including some in danger of extinction.

During peaks, such as the one currently being experienced, ocean currents naturally bring sargassum towards our shores. The staff of our hotel together with a tractor works diligently from the early hours of the morning to remove everything that the tide brings in order to keep our beaches clean and accessible for the enjoyment of our guests.

Greetings!

Reviewed 25 July 2021 via mobile

The best experience ever. I did not want to leave. Everyone was so courteous and helpful. So beautiful and relax. I would love to go back sometime. Went for a wedding and it was so beautiful and perfect. Great place.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 412debbiee
Julio Leos, Otro at Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2021

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and acknowledging our dedicated staff. I will share your kind comments with our Operations Team.

It is great to read that your experience exceeded your expectations and you had an amazing stay with us.

At Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa we pledge to provide the nicest personal service and facilities for our guests who will always enjoy a warm ambiance.

Our staff is looking forward to hosting you again.