“Everyone walking by envied our location and pool.”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
SheRidesA...
Nashua, NH
“Everyone walking by envied our location and pool.”
Reviewed 11 March 2012 for a stay in February 2012

My 17 year old daughter and I stayed for a second time at Casa Toucan. I think this is the first time I've ever returned to a property. When it comes to returning to the Cancun area, there is no need to look further. Never shlep your stuff to the beach again, stay on the beach instead!
We take the small unit 3, it can be seen in the pictures in the lower right. It has a kitchenette, very functional, and if you're missing a utensil or pot Jon is right on the spot to get you what you need. The bathroom is very small but tidy. The rest of the space is taken by the bed, a queen. The bed faces the door, overlooking the patio, wall and then ocean. When the bed was moved to face the door, we lost the wall to prop ourselves up against. With no other furniture, we spent leisure time, like watching a movie at night, on the bed. This was fine with us, but might not be everyone's cup of tea.
Upon arrival we like to walk to the market and stock up on groceries for the week. We recommend walking beach side, it's a short walk to the square, street side is not as pleasant.
Casa Toucan's owners are very attentive, very detailed oriented. The best addition to the Casa from 2 years ago, was the Voice over IP phone for free US dialing. It's also worth a mention that the wi-fi is reliable.
I urge you to skip the tours being peddled next to the general store, instead grab a taxi yourself and go direct. Or use the people Jon recommends.
If you like to get away from the crowds of Cancun, you don't mind taking care of your own needs,in exchange for a clean, friendly affordable place right on the beach, Casa Toucan could be just right for you.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Low price for being right on the beach
Liked least: The food in the village, it was challanging to find something yummy.
Travelling group: Family with Teenagers
Friends getaway
HAP522
Plymouth, Massachusetts
“Location, Location, Location”
Reviewed 29 December 2011 for a stay in November 2011

We discovered Puerto Morelos last year and vowed to come back. What we discovered this year is a perfect vacation home, Casa Toucan. Casa Toucan is a small, family complex made up of 3-4 units right on the beach less than half a block from the lovely town square. We stayed in the one bedroom unit on the second floor. Our unit had a large open living-dining-kitchen area and an outside veranda that faces the Caribbean, a bedroom, bathroom and another balcony that faces away from the water. We spent most of our time on the veranda with it’s constant breezes and the most amazing views of the Caribbean, the pool, the beach and the town's famous leaning light house. The pool is intimate and invites more relaxation and lounging. You can get a meal, drink or massage by walking on the beach for a few minutes or you can walk the other way for a minute and get to the relaxed center of town with all of its shops, restaurants, activities and friendly, friendly people. The owners, John and Alicia were there getting ready for the season and their company and suggestions only enhanced the experience. They are friendly and helpful. Our stay was so enjoyable that we booked for next year before we left. We are sure that once you discover Casa Toucan it will become your “home” in Puerto Morelos.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location, small intimate family complex
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway
jmf1177
seattle
“Loved everything about it!”
Reviewed 26 August 2011 for a stay in July 2011

I booked this place after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor. I stayed at Casa Toucan for 8 nights. I was coming to Puerto Morejelos to get my dive certification at Wet Set Diving. I have stayed at 8 or so places along this coastline in the last 10 years. Everything from tiny cabanas to 5 star hotels. This by far is my favorite place and I can't wait to come back and bring my family. Even though I had travelled to this part of Mexico alone before, I was a little apprehensive as it had been 10 years since I had been to P.M. I had John and Alicia pick me up at the airport. They are so nice and I felt all the worries I had melt away. By the time we arrived at Casa Toucan I felt like they were old friends. The apartment I rented was the one bedroom on the upper level. It looked exactly like the pictures only better because I was standing in it. I loved the openness of the space. It is very light and airy. The dining room, kitchen, and living room is one big space. It just feels good. The bedroom is large as well, and I thought the bed was very comfortable. The best part was waking up in the morning and looking at the beautiful view from those huge windows. While I made my coffee I looked out onto a tastefully done rock wall with two iguanas lazing on it. I had coffee on the covered veranda. [pinch myself!] All of the grounds, gardens and pool is tastefully done. It is a very peaceful setting. I was able to get internet access. Best of all as a solo traveler I felt completly safe at this place. The gates and door locks work really well. Casa Toucan is located within walking distance to everything a person could need. Some places advertise this, when it is really a mile to town. When you walk out the main gate you are about a block to town square. If you walk north about a block you will find yourself at a beachfront reastuaraunt with sand floors that serves the best whole fried fish I have ever eaten. I can't remember the name but it's not hard to find. I love the beaches along this part of the coast, the water was very calm. I can't say enough about how much I enjoyed my stay at Casa Toucan. John and Alicia are great hosts and go out of their way to make sure you are enjoying your stay. I was sad to say good bye and look forward to returning.

Liked best: The view
Liked least: Leaving
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
Thebooman...
Black Hills of South Dakota
“Fantastic Property! This is the way to relax!”
Reviewed 30 July 2011 for a stay in July 2011
people found this review helpful

Prior to this trip, we had only done all-inclusive trips to the area. This one was probably the most relaxing thus far. We also became much more immersed in the town and spent enough time to actually get to know some of the locals.

The proximity of this property to the store, town square, main dock/pier etc. is just about perfect. It is only about 4 doors away from all the above.

We stayed in Toucan 2 (the upstairs 1 bedroom) and had an incredible view of the pool below and the beach/Caribbean sea from our porch/deck. In addition, while at times quite warm, we had a constant breeze blowing through the apartment. There are plenty of screened windows/doors that can be opened for ventilation. There was only one day that got warm enough that we thought we would have to turn on the A/C that night to sleep, and by the time the sun set, it cooled off nicely enough that it was not necessary. The A/C was never turned on the week we were there even during the day, because if we got hot, we just jumped in the pool to cool off.

I thought about mentioning that the mattress was a bit uncomfortable, but then I realized that any time we sleep in a hotel, motel, resort, family or friend's house or essentially ANYWHERE ELSE but home and our own bed, the bed is uncomfortable for the first few nights. As anywhere, we did get used to it and slept great the last several nights of the trip.

The one possible downside to Toucan 2 or 4 is if you have any mobility issues you may want to book Toucan 1 or 3 which are at ground/pool level, as the stairs to the pool area from 2 or 4 are a bit steep. However, the access from the street is fine with a few easy stairs and if you don't use the pool or beach it wouldn't be an issue.

Toucan 2 includes all the appliances, utensils, plates/ bowls and cups you need to prepare meals. The store (Casa Martin) is just around the corner and has most of what you need for the same.

An MP3/CD player is provided, as well as some nice music on CD's (at least to us), but it is not a docking type player so you will have to bring a 3mm audio cable if you bring an Ipod/ mp3 device.

WiFi is also provided as well as a Vonage Voip phone with a US phone # so calls to and from the US cost nothing. That came in very handy when I lost an ATM card and had to call to cancel it.

Now here is the best part of our stay at Casa Toucan.
Jon and Alicia, who are the new owners, unfortunately had to leave for a family emergency just before we arrived, and didn't make it back before we left. However, my wife and I felt more hospitality from them via trip advisor messages , than we normally experience when face to face with most people in the service industry. We (again, unfortunately) have never met them, but feel that we know them enough to say that if you book a stay at Casa Toucan, they will do absolutely anything they can to make you feel at home and appreciated for you business.

Thanks Jon and Alicia for your part in making our vacation as good as it was!

Boo and Michelle

Liked best: Pool and location
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
glorianna...
Lexington, Kentucky
“a perfect little beach casita”
Reviewed 19 May 2011 for a stay in November 2010
person found this review helpful

My sister and I shared the little casita. We loved everything about it: the location, the view, the pool, the gorgous garden, the owner Michele's hospitality. Outstanding!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Other
Your age range 50-64
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Families with teenagers
Tourists Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;