Reviews (12 646)
8 871
2 637
8 871
2 637
All reviews ratatouille veranda bar main pool entertainment staff anna banana silver sands el patio preferred club world cafe room service barracuda bar seaside grill juan jose our honeymoon infinity pool other resorts partial ocean view
193 - 198 of 12 646 reviews
Reviewed 15 November 2018

I have just returned from a week there with my husband, and we had a wonderful time, It was our first time in Mexico and the first experience of a Secrets hotel and we were not disappointed.
Our room was a lovely ocean room view. It was a lovely size, great bathroom - walk in shower and a large bath tub.
The food was so good - too many options! From breakfast with the buffet - my favourite thing was the omelette station. Healthy options, not so healthy! Something for everyone, All good quality.
Lunch we only had the barbecues that were set up at the pool side, chicken, fish, paella one day, loads of nachos and guacamole.
Dinner, we ate in almost every restaurant, personal favourite was the Japanese, worth queuing at 3:30 in the afternoon to get a tap-en-naki chef in the evening. The French one - try the onion soup -wow! In the Mexican we had the fish soup for two as a starter. But there was something delicious at each restaurant.
The staff are so great - friendly and so hard working! Behind the bars, Mario and Roger were personal favourites, the pool side waiting staff (Amanda and Leonardo always smiling), the pool concierges making sure the beds were set up and cleaning our sunglasses!! And the entertainment team, Charlie "Don't be lazy be crazy", Anna Banana, Ayna, Dylan, Ulysses and the adorable Marianna. They made the days around the pool fun, (pool volleyball, aqua aerobics, throwing games etc)....and made sure there were entertaining things to do or watch in the evening. However, if you didn't want to get too involved in the day time fun, the other pools away from the main pool were quite and chilled and there were places to sit quietly if you wanted to and relax.
We really couldn't fault the place, it had everything we needed for a winter week away, Highly recommend,

Room tip: Block 4314 was a fab ocean view room, could also see the pools
Date of stay: November 2018
3  Thank samandadam_hols
Anahi A, Public Relations Manager at Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear samandadam_hols,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your kind words and observations following your recent stay with us at Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun.

We were delighted to read that you have enjoyed all the details we take pride in offering our guests. As our regular practice, we have been happy to share your lovely remarks to our team who constantly work on ensuring that all of our guests only receive the very best in service.

We look forward to having you back home in the near future.

Reviewed 15 November 2018

Had a great time, especially the nightlife. Unfortunately my wife became violently ill on the 3rd day presumably from something she ate and is still recovering a week later. Otherwise we were very impressed with this resort.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Robert W
Anahi A, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2018

Dear Robert W,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed overview of your stay. Our guests’ feedback is truly appreciated in our constant commitment to improve our standards of service.

We apologize about the inconveniences with the food we are working hard every day taking actions to improve.

We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion and provide you with the exceptional quality and service that characterizes Secrets Resorts & Spas brand and our resort.

Best regards.

Social Media Coordiantor

Reviewed 15 November 2018 via mobile

Dear Silversands Staff,

Thank you so much for making my stay comfortable and fun! As a solo traveler I wasn’t sure what to expect but everyone’s friendly demeanor made me feel at home. The room was beautiful and spacious. I loved the deck. The food was FABULOUS!!!! The beach excursions were fun. I loved parasailing; Luis and the rest of the beach team were such a pleasure to be around. Every staff member went above and beyond. I don’t think I saw one unhappy member and that made me feel great! There is so much to do in Mexico, I loved how you had travel staff on hand to handle any excursion request. This by far was my best birthday experience. I sincerely thank all of you from the very bottom of my heart for making my stay so absolutely wonderful. You were all a joy to be around and I look forward to coming here again in the near future. I’ve already told my family and friends what a great resort this was. I know first hand how crummy resorts can be as I’ve had a terrible experience at iberostar in the Dominican Republic, so when I write this stellar review it’s because I’ve been incredibly impressed with the whole package!!! Loved the spa and gift shops too :)

Sue :)

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Connector55229190000

Dear Sue,

We would like to thank you for choosing Secrets Silversands on your recent getaway to Riviera Maya. It was a pleasure to have you here and we appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to read that you have enjoyed our staff’s attentive service and pool facilities. We are also delighted to know that you have enjoyed your birthday and was fabulous.

Once again, we appreciate your kind comments about our resort and look forward to welcoming you back in a not too distant future.

Reviewed 15 November 2018

We returned from Secrets Silversands two weeks ago, & we already miss our Silversands Family! After 17 trips "Home", we have gotten very close to most of the people that make Secrets Silversands so special. They are an exceptional group of people that find pleasure in making sure that you have an awesome vacation. No request is too large, as they will always try their best to fulfill your every wish. Not only do all the general staff (bellboys, check-in, bartenders, waiters & waitresses, housekeeping) always greet you with a smile & a genuine "hola", but even the executive staff make a point to talk to you & ensure that your having a wonderful time. From Fahdir & Jerica (Concierge), Wilder (Rooms Div.), Victor & Luis (Food & Bev.), Rodger (Front end Man.), to the restaurant managers, Juan Jose (Bordeaux), Sergio (Portofino), Eduardo (Oceana), Enrique (Sommelier), along with many others, they are never too busy to greet you & ask if your happy or need anything! Starting your day with a big smile from Mar (the World Buffet hostess) & a pleasant greeting from Manual (manager), then your in the hands of the excellent breakfast waiters that will do all that they can to make your day start off right! Then relaxing by the pool all day, the pool waitresses & waiters along with their bartenders, will keep you happy & relaxed while treating you with the 'Drink of the Day' or anything else that you may like to try! In the evenings, all the Restaurants serve up a wide selection that will keep you wishing that you were staying longer, just so you could try it all! Then for something special, have a visit with Antonio, for a memorable, romantic "Dinner On The Beach". Bring your camera for this one, because he likes to take pictures of your special night so you will never forget it...or him!!! I still haven't mentioned the Entertainment staff & all the fun things that they do...every day & night!!! Anna & Charlie along with their co-staff, keep you busy all day (if you want!) & put on exceptional shows every night. All-in-all, you will never go wrong when YOU go "Home" to Secrets Silversands & visit my SIlversands Family for a vacation that you will never forget & will keep you returning time & time again!!!

Room tip: We like Building 3, Ocean Front (South end). Awesome view & very quiet in the evening.
1  Thank Dennis B

Dear Dennis B,

On behalf of the staff and Management of our resort, we would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your experience with us. It was a pleasure to be your hosts during your recent getaway to Secrets Silversands.

We are very appreciative your kind words about the service received and we will share it with our team as a motivation to keep up the great work.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and thank you also for your patronage of Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun. Our team looks forward to having you back in a not too distant future.

Kind regards.

Reviewed 14 November 2018

Spent a week here in October half term. Our experience was mixed. Check in and reception was easy and straightforward. Our room, junior suite with a sea view, was well appointed but I would not describe it as an open sea view room. Yes we were on the top floor of block 4 but still had a slightly restricted view due to trees. I think if you want an unobstructed sea view you need to be part of the Preferred Club which has beach front rooms.

We had a mini bar that was serviced every day, but tea and coffee were not always replaced (we had to ask) the bed and bathroom were well appointed but the nightly turndown service was really hit and miss. Some nights it happened, other not and why only leave one chocolate when it is clear that two people are in the room?

The choice of restaurants was exceptional. Lots of variety and no hassle making reservations. Breakfast in World Café was one of the widest selection and choice we have had anywhere. The seafood soup in the Pan Asian was an inspiration and excellent. The themed nights by the pool were also good. Our only comment would be that the lunchtime BBQ was not as good as the restaurants.

There are plenty of pools around the hotel and this is our biggest complaint. Music in the main pool began at 10.00am and went to 4.00pm, very loud house/bass music. We tried to escape the noise ( both of the music and also the very loud guests who found it acceptable to shut) by going to the other pools. This did not work as a number of guests whose rooms open onto the pool think it is quite acceptable to play their own music (loud) outside on the patio. This got to the point one day when a lady realised people were glaring at her and her response was just to turn it up louder. Maybe she was trying to get the pool cleared so her party had exclusive use. It worked. Staff did not intervene when a complaint was made.

We did get involved in some of the activities, in particular the local cycle ride with Charlie. This was wonderful and a good opportunity to see the local area. A pity it was not on every day to escape the music.

Having wanted a week to relax we didn't quite get it due to other guests, but the food and general service was very good.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Buckstraveller95

Dear Buckstraveller95,

We appreciate you have taken the time to write a review about your stay with us.

Thank you for your suggestions on how we can make our hotel even better, I have passed these comments along to Management for further review.

Overall, we take such comments very seriously and you can be assured that the necessary re-training measures are being instituted to prevent recurrences in the future.

Hope you give us the chance to offer you a remarkable experience again.

Kind regards.