FOOD POISONING!!! Visited The Wetherby Whaler on recommendation, ordered in the takeaway section and sat outside on the bench. Service was poor as was the food and the prices. Ordered fish and chips, waited for it to be re-cooked as did not see the sign about having to ask for it to be cooked in veg oil until afterwards. When it arrived I was disappointed. It was overcooked and greasy! Fish was super greasy and the batter was shiny for some reason (never seen it like this before from any fish and chip shop). The fish inside was slimy and there was hardly any if I am truthful (do not think it was haddock/cod). The chips were overcooked! Overall the food was very poor in quality especially for the price paid. I went home and was sick and have been ill with food poisoning from it since then. Been to the doctor and he confirmed the same have food poisoning.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.