“Its all about the view !!”
other travellers have booked this property
The view taken from Traighuaine Ard
Traighuaine Ard, the perfect West Coast Getaway View from Traighuaine, beautiful even on a stormy day
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Traighuaine Ard, the perfect West Coast Getaway
View from Traighuaine, beautiful even on a stormy day
The view from the hillside behind Traighuaine Ard
2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, open plan kitchen, dining and living room with patio doors to the large dec
The sitting room overlooking the sea and islands
The modern, fully equipped kitchen and dining room
Bedroom 2 with its beautifully tiled en-suite wet room shower
The rare White Tailed Eagle taken from a boat trip from Craobh Haven
Looking towards Corrievreckan from the hills near Traighuaine
Walking in the hills above Traighuaine Ard
A stunning sunset from Traighuaine
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Melvyn H
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Its all about the view !!”
Reviewed 22 March 2017 for a stay in February 2017
person found this review helpful

This is a really, really, nice place to stay, a very warm welcome from Fiona who showed us around and advised us of the appliances, heating etc., We were a party of four and each of our bedrooms were excellent, massive beds, and plenty of storage for our clothes. Both bathrooms ( one en-suite) were great with plenty of hot water. The Open plan living room/kitchen is well appointed and comfortable, and a great place to sit and enjoy the view.Throughout is underfloor heating which made the whole apartment very cosy. But the outstanding feature has got to be the view from the apartment, it really is superb. We saw seals in the bay and sea eagles soaring above just to add to the great holiday we had here. Would FULLY recommend a stay.

Michael H
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Truly beautiful place”
Reviewed 21 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017
person found this review helpful

The views from this apartment are fantastic, second to none, changing with every minute due to different weather conditions.
Area is lovely for exploring, you do need a car, but who goes to Scotland without a car?
Did some lovely walks, around Knapdale forest for the Beavers, & saw 3 sea eagles above the apartment. Also Crinan Canal worth a visit.
The apartment was exceptionally clean & lovely & warm the whole week.
There were 4 adults staying & each couple had our own bathroom which was great.
Stayed in a lot of places all over Scotland, this was the best so far.
The owner is on hand for any help & info. Would definitely return.

Zoe E
“A wonderful break .”
Reviewed 27 October 2016 for a stay in February 2016
person found this review helpful

After reading the latest review please find my slightly delayed account of our wonderful stay in February . We arrived much later than expected to be greeted by Fiona who was extremely helpful . The house was very clean, well equiped ,warm and snug after a long journey and perfect for 1 guest with mobility issues . The views are truly outstanding from the property but we managed to tear ourselves away and packed in a full week of outings suggested by Fiona. We were so enthralled with the house and area we are planning a return visit next year . Thank you Fiona for letting us share your beautiful home .

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: everything
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
976brian
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Not for us”
Reviewed 4 October 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Lovely view from this apartment but the remoteness was not to our liking.
Fine, if you are a walker or into water sports but the drive to either Oban or Lochgilphead became tiresome.
Wouldn't call the apartment spotlessly clean. Entrance doorway surround was filthy; windows needed cleaning. There was also a problem with the bathroom plug. Guess it depends what your standards are.
The apartment was cold and we needed the back-up electric heater first thing in the morning every day.
None of the usual welcome treats that are usual when you rent a holiday home.
Came back a day early.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Outlook
Liked least: Locale
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
18 Oct 2016
Thank you for taking the trouble to post a review. I’m sorry that you found the area too remote for your liking – I try to describe everything accurately on the website and am sorry that your research before booking didn’t alert you to the actual location of Traighuaine Ard. I can understand that your activities would have been a little restricted because one of your party was over 90 years old.
I’m also sorry that the cleanliness of the apartment wasn’t up to your exacting standards. I clean the apartment myself and take pride in the standard of cleanliness. I think that the door surround that you refer to is a 4” ridged metal strip which runs under the main door and joins the decking outside at the entrance. This carries all footfall in and out of the apartment. I confess that I don’t scrub this outdoor metal strip every time guests are due to arrive and have made a note to do so more often. There is a large coir door mat in the entrance hall as you step into the apartment to cope with any outside dirt on footwear. I always clean the windows before guests arrive as a matter of course. Unfortunately, when wet, and the wind is in a certain direction, the rain spatters from the balcony above onto the glass of the patio doors and leaves marks which show up when the windows are dry. There is nothing that I can do about this. You kindly advised me that there was a small drip from the outlet from the bathroom basin. Unfortunately, these things happen and are always dealt with as quickly as possible. Regarding the heating, it’s always difficult to judge when to put the underfloor heating on. We were still enjoying warm temperatures the week of the 3rd to the 10th of September when you were here and the back up heater is provided in case of chilly mornings or evenings. If you had advised me, before your arrival, that one of your party was over 90 and might feel the cold, I would happily have put the underfloor heating on or, alternatively, done so during your stay if you had requested it.
I’m aware that a few self catering businesses provide a welcome treat for guests although I have never experienced this. My hope is that visitors will remember their stay here for the views, the beauty of the area and the modern comfort and cleanliness of the apartment – I’m sorry that this wasn’t the case for you.
Xenaplato
“If I could buy this dream I would”
Reviewed 16 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016

If you are going to stay in The Highlands on the west coast there are many amazing places, BUT I can assure you if you chose Traighuaine Ard you will have your breath taken away with the dreamy view that changes with the different weather that you watch rolling in and the undeniable fun and interest that Fiona offers. Pop down to the beach at the end of the drive and you will hopefully see those curious seals bobbing up to nose at you. Amazing walks and beautiful swimming and don't forget to ask Fiona about Easedale and The hypnotic Gulf of Corryvreckan!
Thanks Fiona once again!!!!
The Langleys

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Management Response
19 Sep 2016
Many thanks, Stephy - it was lovely to see you, Cam and Holly again. I should explain to anybody reading this review that I've known Stephy for many years and therefore spent time with them during their stay. Whilst I'm usually available to welcome guests on arrival and to offer local information, if requested, I always respect my guests' privacy.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing