Gjaargardur Guesthouse
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel Foroyar(Torshavn)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Hafnia(Torshavn)
Hotel Runavik(Runavik)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe owneran hourmain buildinggreat viewguest housebreadlambdining roomset menupancakesstayed nightsrhubarb jamyogurtgreat foodhighest mountainnew buildinghome made
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 October 2017

The Gjaargardur Guesthouse is a WONDERFUL place to stay at when travel around the Faroe Islands. The hotel is located in one of the most beautiful villages (of the ones we visited) of the island of Eysturoy. Just 90 minutes drive from Torshavn. The area is perfect if you want to hike in nature or just relax and get away from the rest of the world.

We stayed in a room in the separated building that had private bathroom in the room. We woke up every morning whit an stunning sunrise over the neighboring island and the village of Gjogv. The room had a large dubble bed, sofa and desk and free internet and private bathroom.
The breakfast was great whit som faroe cold cuts, yogurt whit local berries, eggs, bread and coffee.
I strongly recommend to have dinner at the hotel. The food was amazing. They had just one dish per day so there were no choices. The sheep was one of the best meal we had of the whole faroe island vacation.

The owner and the staff were very helpful an did their best to give you a great stay. If we one day come back to the Faroe Islands we surly will go back to Gjaargardur Guesthouse in the village of Gjogv.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KrilleofMarco
Reviewed 19 October 2017

If you want to stay in a hotel/B&B and don't want to use AirBnB then this is pretty much your only choice in this part of the Faroe's. I originally chose to stay in a budget room but then as I was celebrating my partners birthday I thought I'd splash out and upgrade to one of the new rooms that I thought would have a view, sadly all I could see was a grassy mound as we weren't facing the front... this should definitely not be sold as a "room with a view". We were also unable to turn the heating down and it was far too stuffy in the room that we had to sleep with the window open all night.

The manager was nice enough, although at times might have come across a little rude but I think that's because it was at the very end of the season. We ate dinner here (again as there's no other choice) and it was lovely home cooked food that was tasty and was just what was needed. This is a good place to base yourself for one night but I think if I was to visit here again I'd stay in an AirB&B place.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

We were on a day trip on the Island and found this place for lunch. Basic but great food, and very friendly staff!

I eat paleo so besides the vegetable soup I asked for a lunch platter with salmon, eggs and veggies - no problems!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

This little guest house has nothing to envy to famous starred restaurants. Simple, good and so charming, this "lunch plate" looks like a piece of modern art. P.S. I have to be honest: i was very hungry.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2017

Very basic but the views are amazing. There are walkways nearby including the village of Gjogv and several high peaks. The rooms are very basic, the bathrooms need an update but the food has a home cooked ambience though the set menu is limited, Breakfast buffet adequate. There are common areas where there are billiards, darts and books. There is a small shop selling woollen sweaters, souvenirs, and walking maps.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the village and two high peaks. Rooms on the car park side to be avoided... early departures.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple