“Place to get a beer.. ”

The Terrace Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 14 Restaurants in East Cowes
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

If you do fancy a beer then this is the only place in Osborn House you can get one. Nice sat outside taking in the scenes while having a drink. Priced at £4 for a bottle it's a little steep but expected because of we're you are I guess. This restaurant offers a selection of meals around the £10 mark and afternoon teas.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

A lovely meal with great staff who make it look easy (it isn't). Good food in lovely surroundings at reasonable prices. What more could you want.
Special note about the staff: Whilst we were there a small child upset their drink (all over the place). The staff didn't worry or fuss and swiftly cleaned everything up without a murmur and even replaced the drink so that the child didn't miss out. Really professional and a credit.

1  Thank TangramUK
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

A little expensive, but a beautiful setting. Staff friendly and efficient and food really tasty. Worth it for the ambience and the full experience of Osborne house.

Reviewed 30 September 2017

My wife and I came to visit the castle and thought we grab a bite after. We have been put off to eat at the entrance later, as on the way in, we noticed that everything smells like urine, due to the public toilets there. I asked for a table for two at the Terrace restaurant, the waiter got us one, while asked if we are having lunch. As we only wanted a cake and coffee, he sent us back to the canteen at the entrance.
As another user before me have said, it is indeed madness that one has to walk back and have their coffee there! In the end, we never had the chance to try what they offer, because the service was so poor!

Reviewed 25 September 2017

Just had to 'do' lunch while visiting Osbourne house and where better than the Terrace Restaurant. Picked the smoked mackerel dish because, how often do you get it on a menu and the fish was lovely. Not quite so taken with the olive bread - one very small slice that had virtually no taste at all and a beetroot salsa that was a little limp. I was looking forward to the Crumble for dessert but was out of luck so instead I went for the Posset, lemon of course, with raspberies. Absolutely lovely, creamy and sweet with a good lemony backbite that made your cheeks suck in - well done to the kitchen. The staff were attentive and my order was taken quickly and arrived in good time. One small issue with a bottle of water, I like it to arrive at my table unopened, that doesn't happen here unless you ask. The surroundings were very agreeable if a bit noisy but it was raining so everyone was indoors. There is also the problem of the toilets which are quite far away from the restaurant, OK on a good day but not so good when it's chuckin' it down. On a second visit my few quibbles wouldn't be an issue and as overall this was a decent lunch experience, who knows, I may be back.