“Most amazing place ever - seriously!”
other traveller has booked this property
Oceanfront side of the Living Waters
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Oceanfront side of the Living Waters
Pool and covered, heated jacuzzi
Front of the house at dusk
Great Room
Great Room
Looking Into The Dining
Room And Kitchen From The Great Room
Upstairs Oceanview Queen Bedroom With Private Balcony
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 14 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Marcus P
“Most amazing place ever - seriously!”
Reviewed 27 September 2017 for a stay in June 2017

This is one of the most amazing places we have ever stayed and we've been all over the world. If you want luxury seclusion and a place to truly kick back and relax then you've found the place. If I could give it 10 stars I would. We hope to come back many times.

Your age range 35-49
Management Response
25 Mar 2018
Marcus,

Thank you so much for reviewing Living Waters!

Blaine Bell
Owner of Living Waters
bboutwell...
Aledo, Texas
“This House was awsome”
Reviewed 20 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

We have stayed in many houses all over and this one is by far one of the best houses we have rented. Very nice bedrooms, bathrooms, and kitchen. The outside was unbelievable with the pool, hot tub, and great beach. Was within walking distance of several restaurants. The neighbors are great and even has an awesome dive shop next door. Great for families or groups of friends.

Lisa A
“Home away from homd”
Reviewed 15 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

My stay at Living Waters was nothing but perfect. I was a little nervous before I went to Roatan because it was my first time out of the country, but the house was so welcoming that I immediately felt at home as soon as I got there. The house is beautiful with such a breathtaking view. I would recommend it for a family trip, a friend trip, couples trip, honeymoon, you name it I would recommend it. The snorkeling right off the beach is amazing, we saw countless fish, shells, and even a lobster! Also available at the house are kayaks, those were very fun in the salty water. One day we even had someone from Salty Life pick us up at the dock right in front of the house, he took us snorkeling and on a tour. It was amazing. Not only is the scenery beautiful but the house is also a great place to spend your time. There's a hot tub and infinity pool.
When you're ready to go to bed after a long day in the sun, the beds are amazing. I even went home and bought the same beds that they had at Living Waters. That's how amazing those beds are.
I could go on forever talking about my week in paradise. But I think you need to experience it yourself! I will definitely be returning to Living Waters in the future.

I included a picture of my view every morning while drinking my coffee so you could experience the beauty too.

Jordan B
“Perfect remote getaway home”
Reviewed 15 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Stayed here in July and fell absolutely in love with the home and the location. If you want peace and serenity, then this is the place for you. Tucked away on the locals side of the island, you'll be able to enjoy swimming in the ocean, soaking the sun on the beach, snorkeling the warm waters, and much more without hundreds of tourists surrounding you. The home itself has everything you need, coming with the most modern and up-to-date amenities. Will definitely be back in the future.

Kathleen...
Charleston, South Carolina
“Truly, the most luxurious, private beach home we've ever rented!”
Reviewed 1 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017
people found this review helpful

We've just returned from Living Waters, and we'll never stay anywhere else on Roatan!! This was our fifth or sixth time vacationing on this beautiful island, and we fell so in love with the house, the location, the property, and the tranquility of Living Waters, that we can't imagine staying elsewhere.

The house is situated on the East end of the north side of the island, far away from the towns, crowds, big resorts, and nightlife, which is what we look for in a rental home, yet there is much to do!

There are two amazing restaurants which are both a short walk down the beach. The first is La Sirena, a super special place. It's a thatch hut over the water with fantastic ceviche, and we adore Walter the bartender/waiter/cook. We found La Sirena last year when we were on a tour of the island on jet skis, so we were thrilled to stay just down the beach from it and we ate there three or four times! Living Water's website describes La Sirena as "authentic", which is the perfect word for it! If you go, we hope you'll appreciate the experience as much as we did.

Camp Bay Lodge, which has the best quesadillas we've ever tasted, and boasts the sweetest servers Racheal and Vicki, is a cool place as well. It's a small, peaceful lodge with only a few rooms and tree swings, hammocks, and Adirondack chairs just off the restaurant's deck in the sand facing the beach. Our children made friends with the children staying there, and spent hours jumping off their dock into the ocean, swinging in and hanging from their trees as the sun set and my husband and I sat, drinks in hand loving the simplicity of island life. (They also played tag and capture the flag together in our yard, and we all went snorkeling with Crissy together one afternoon. More on Crissy to come!). I also had a massage upstairs on the open patio to the sounds of ocean waves with Marylou, who gives an incredible massage. She was unbelievably sweet to my 9 year old daughter and even showed her how to do some of the massage strokes. After the massage, Marylou asked if there were any other spots I'd like repeated or worked on further. In all my years of getting massages, no one has ever asked me that! The lodge also offers fishing excursions, kite surfing, yoga, and other activities.

In the evenings, we loved walking down the beach barefoot and in our cover ups to dinner. It was a beautiful dinner route, simple and easy, and after all, we jumped in the pool and jacuzzi after returning from dinner every night! We played so hard during the day, that the kids went to bed early and we were able to enjoy the quiet and peace of floating in the pool, listening to the sounds of the waves lapping on the beach, and and gazing at the bounty of stars viewable due to the lack of light pollution.

Crissy and Brian are the owners of the first-class Pangea Dive Shop, which is attached to their house, so you wouldn't even know it was there if you walked by on the beach. It's two lots over from Living Waters. We've been diving on all sides of the island, and can say without hesitation that Crissy is one of the best dive masters on the island. She was super observant and unlike other dive masters, wasn't as structured and took time to enjoy and allow my son to enjoy the beauty of the reef. Once she even took us on one of her dive trips so we could all snorkel while she and a group dove, since my daughter isn't old enough to dive yet. But she will be next year, and we'll definitely be diving again with Crissy!

Now let me tell you about Hanford and Mr. Johnny! I asked Crissy about Hanford's tours, because I had seen his information on the living waters website. Crissy highly recommended him, and boy were we happy she did!! Hanford was kind, relaxed, knowledgeable about the area having been born and raised on Roatan, and he took us to two of the most spectacular beaches we've ever seen, neither of which are accessible by land. One was Pigeon Key, a very small island that seems to be set in the middle of the ocean. The water around it is incredibly turquoise, and we had great snorkeling there. One of the best things about the island is that we were the only people there! We told Hanford we weren't interested in going to islands with crowds, and he definitely listened to us! He took us there because on that particular day of the week, he knew there wouldn't be a crowd. The other beach was empty as well, sans a guard to protect the one home on the island, and had the most gorgeous shells, sea glass, and rocks that looked like jade. Hanford told us we could take some home, and it will always remind us of our special day with him.

I asked Crissy what else we should consider doing, and she strongly recommended we book a tour with Mr. Johnny. Mr. Johnny is also a lifelong Roatan resident, probably in his 60s or so, and we felt honored and privileged to have been given a Mangrove tour by him in his beyond-cool boat! Johnny's boat is a 30 foot, 50 year old kayuka built from a single, hollowed out log! Johnny, like most of the people of Roatan, is resourceful, and has used what he can find on the island to keep his boat in service over the years. The boat has a diesel motor mounted in the rear and an inboard drive set-up running through the bottom of the hull to a prop. The steering was controlled by a rudder attached to two strings which Johnny could control from the center of the boat. The speed was controlled by a block of wood with 2 fishing lines attached to it that ran back to the motor to move the throttle forward to go faster or back to go slower. My husband has been a fishing captain for 18 years. We live on the ocean, and boating is a big part of our lives. He loved every minute of being on this boat with Johnny, even when it rained! Johnny's boat, being very narrow, was able to navigate through the 3 foot wide man-made mangroves that transacted the island. Johnny has a lot of stories to tell, and we can't wait to get back and hear more of them on another mangrove tour! When Crissy told us about Mr. Johnny, she didn't have his phone number, so she offered to get word to him the following morning as he goes by every morning on his way to get coffee, which she did. With our permission, she totally set the tour up for us!

She also offered to get word to a man named Dale Gilbert, who takes people horseback riding, when I asked her about that activity. She set that up for us as well! My nine-year-old daughter wanted to go, and so Mr. Gilbert took us riding for four hours, up and over hills with spectacular views of the ocean below, and down alongside the beach through fruit trees of many types, and he would tell us about the fruits and stop often to pick the fruit off the trees for us to eat. What a treat!

So basically what I am describing in this super-long post is a one-of-a-kind, luxurious, beachfront home with privacy, yet enough amenities and activities available that you will never want to leave!! The home is very well appointed with a calm and neutral palette, and it seems that no detail has been overlooked. We loved being able to play relaxing music from our playlists through the speakers inside and outside while swimming in the pool, which comes equipped with a shark float, skirt guns, and other pool toys, and we used the grill to cook lobster for lunch one day and ate it under the palapa, while sipping coconut juice from fresh coconuts Lanny brought us.

Lanny is the groundskeeper and we developed an affection in our hearts for him. Lanny was there every morning and afternoon, setting the kayaks out for us in case we wanted to take them out to the reef to snorkel (which was amazing, by the way), raking the sand, and making sure we were comfortable and had everything we needed. Lanny is kind and humble, and genuinely cared about ensuring our stay was positive. We showed our appreciation by tipping him well and giving him the 10 tons of food we didn't eat as we bought way too much at the grocery store!

One more thing about Living Waters: In the past, we've rented a house on the opposite side of the island, and with the wonderful wind the north side of the island gets, it made a tremendous difference in the comfort level inside the house! During the day we were comfortable with the windows open and the breeze blowing through, and at night we used the air conditioners, which worked so well I woke up chilly a few times! Trust me, this isn't easy to find on Roatan, but Living Waters is equipped with all new and modern technology and appliances.

If you are looking for an amazing place to stay that is private, luxurious, within easy reach of some of the most spectacular gems on the island (Paya Bay, La Sirena, etc.), meticulously planned and appointed, where you can explore the most beautiful places surrounding the island and really get to know the people of the island, this is the vacation home for you! Our entire family is looking forward to returning

Management Response
10 Aug 2017
Kathleen, I'm so glad you and your family had such a great time at Living Waters and the Camp Bay area! Thank you so much for the absolutely spectacular and comprehensive review! Looking forward to having you and your family come back and stay with us again!

Blaine B., owner of Living Waters
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing