“Lovely break ”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Weary Friar for two nights, our room 27 was clean and tidy with a lovely view of the countryside. We had a lovely meal in the bar and found everyone to be friendly. I would recommend anyone to visit.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed for 2x nights B&B. Had a family wedding nearby.
Beautiful location, authentic atmosphere, great food and lovely accommodation. I couldn't speak highly enough of the Weary Friar.
Definitely will be back.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

On a recommendation, we visited for dinner. The starters were very good, soup and whitebait, but the main course was awful. I had the mixed roast and the lamb and beef were so tough they were hardly edible. My husband had gammon and chips and said the chips tasted odd and the rest of the meal was as if it had been warmed up , having been cooked earlier

Shame, the dining room was lovely. Would not recommend this place

Reviewed 24 June 2018

The Weary Friar changed ownership in 2016/17 and, I regret that, although the ambience and character of an old Cornish village pub remains, the standard of the food served proved a real disappointment. The Seafood Linguini that two of our party had was especially poor with very short lengths of pasta floating in, what appeared to be, a sea of creamy soup. We played 'spot the seafood' but without success. The Thai fishcakes we had for starters were dry, overcooked and relatively tasteless whilst the deep-fried Brie was not cooked thoroughly. We were served by friendly, enthusiastic but extremely young and inexperience waiting staff who seemed to require a pencil and pad for simply recording our order for two coffees after the meal. I can't, in all honesty recommend the Weary Friar to friends and colleagues at the moment despite having enjoyed many meals there prior to the pub changing ownership. I really do hope the standard of food can be improved because, given the pub's delightful situation and charm, I really do want it to succeed.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

We visited on a quiet Wednesday evening, and although there weren’t many people in the pub, the welcome was still warm, and the food was delicious, and very generous portions.

We visited here as a result of looking on trip advisor for recommendations and were not disappointed. Good value and delicious home made food.