Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Marianna Loubser
Bloemfontein, South Africa

Bad or no service

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 28 Apr 2024via mobile
Firstly place is not in Postmansburg but Danielskuil.
When I booked in the TV was not working so had to move to another room
DBB Booking
At 6pm I was told no gas to make dinner so they will order pizza, at 9pm still no food I went to sleep..
So no dinner and
No breakfast the next morning either..
Left very unhappy.
    70.5 km from D'Olive Rose Boutique Hotel
    R 950
    70.5 km from D'Olive Rose Boutique Hotel
    View more hotels in Postmasburg
    See what travellers are saying:
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 3 August 2022

The hotel really has lovely rooms. You arrive to a note on your bed with a little chocolate - gorgeous. However, the wifi doesn't work - you connect but it won't download anything. The hotel is noisy with sound carrying from other rooms and from the passage outside the rooms too (perhaps staff, perhaps not, walking and talking loudly before 6am, guest in next room playing music at 4). Both in the evening and the morning the dining room was unkempt. Buffet type offerings have the plastic wrap still covering them, just pulled to the side. The tables remain unset or uncleared, there's a cellphone charging next to the toaster. These are little details that an owner should see to. The staff are friendly (and the chef in particular is very lovely and accommodating) but the hotel seems to lack oversight.

Date of stay: July 2022
    Trip type: Travelled on business
    Reviewed 22 June 2022

The first time at Olive Rose (or rather Olive Thorn), it was raining and the water came through the lights in the ceiling.
    Second time there was a hole in the ceiling in my room.
    The internet always suck.
    The staff is rude, especially the lady who handles the bookings and sits near reception. The night janitor shrugs his shoulders at any problem you might have and simply tells you he can't help.
    Can the Posties please just open up a better guest house in this area and put these guys out of business?

Date of stay: June 2022
    Reviewed 12 June 2022

I have stayed here several times over the last few years. My recent stay was over an eight day period. I found a deterioration in the quality of service in the dining room. Although the dining room staff are helpful and friendly they have been poorly trained in receiving diners and their knowledge of wine is poor. Wine and beer glasses and coffee mugs are not clean, and the Nespresso coffee machine had no coffee capsules (this was the same in 2021). There is no wine list. The chef wore a uniform, however, the waiters clothing (no uniform) looked grubby as if he had just walked off the street. I was however astounded at the cost of a pizza (Friday night's choice) at ZAR285! The rooms are clean and the bed comfortable. The shower cubicle showed signs of mildew which is a sure indication that it is not being cleaned. The Wifi service is poor and often not available. To top this, I never once saw the manager visit the dining room to see if all was in order. D'Olive Rose was a pleasure to visit in the past, but it has lost its charm.

Date of stay: June 2022
    Reviewed 6 July 2021

Herewith a summary of my stay/experience:
    1. I did not book this , place but it was booked on my behalf by a client of mine.
    2. I phoned earlier in the day before I booked in to find out a bit more about the place. The lady who answered the phoned abruptly told me that they are open 24 hours when I informed her that I will be booking in early evening. It was clear from the tone in her voice that I should not ask further questions and therefore I said bye.
    3. When I arrived at the guesthouse (just after 18:30) no-one was occupying the reception and the door was locked. I rang the bell but no-one opened. I therefore phoned the number on the door, and Joseph opened and booked me and brought my dinner to my room. Joseph was the only positive of this guesthouse.
    4. I was booked into room 20 on the stoep of the "second" premise. When we arrived I had to ask Joseph to remove a bin with used mask just outside my door.
    5. The smoking area was just outside my door and needless to say I was exposed and disturbed due to people smoking outside my room and talking loudly on the phones. Even the security guard was sitting in the evening outside my room listening to music on his phone which disturbed. When I asked the security guard where is his mask, he said that it was in his bag.
    6. On the last day of my stay I was working in my room and noticed that none of the cleaners were wearing masks, not even on chins or around their necks.
    7. On my last day, whilst working in my room the electricity went off just before midday. I then phoned the cell number of the guesthouse. A lady answered and said she was not in Postmasburg but will come back to me regarding the electricity. She never came back. This is a terrible place.

Room tip: I will not visit this guesthouse again
    Date of stay: June 2021
    Reviewed 17 March 2020

The establishment is of high quality, one can see that a mile away. Unfortunately, they are busy with construction on site and my stay was not as pleasant as I know it should be! BUT, I will be back once construction is complete as I value the service I got from the team. Food was scrumptious! Take away the footrest at the end of the bed as the room was a bit cramped! Otherwise, a pleasant stay! MUCH BETTER than Wisteria Lane GH.

Room tip: Please ask for the rooms that is at the back as it is more quiet!
    Date of stay: March 2020