Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Allan FRASER

Has lost its charm and service levels

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 12 Jun 2022
I have stayed here several times over the last few years. My recent stay was over an eight day period. I found a deterioration in the quality of service in the dining room. Although the dining room staff are helpful and friendly they have been poorly trained in receiving diners and their knowledge of wine is poor. Wine and beer glasses and coffee mugs are not clean, and the Nespresso coffee machine had no coffee capsules (this was the same in 2021). There is no wine list. The chef wore a uniform, however, the waiters clothing (no uniform) looked grubby as if he had just walked off the street. I was however astounded at the cost of a pizza (Friday night's choice) at ZAR285! The rooms are clean and the bed comfortable. The shower cubicle showed signs of mildew which is a sure indication that it is not being cleaned. The Wifi service is poor and often not available. To top this, I never once saw the manager visit the dining room to see if all was in order. D'Olive Rose was a pleasure to visit in the past, but it has lost its charm.
Date of stay: June 2022
        aha Kathu Hotel - Pool area
        • Hotels.com
        70.2 km from D'Olive Rose Boutique Hotel
        Free parking
        Contact accommodation for availability.
        64.1 km from D'Olive Rose Boutique Hotel
        View more hotels in Postmasburg
        See what travellers are saying:
        Selected filters
        Reviewed 6 July 2021

Herewith a summary of my stay/experience:
        1. I did not book this , place but it was booked on my behalf by a client of mine.
        2. I phoned earlier in the day before I booked in to find out a bit more about the place. The lady who answered the phoned abruptly told me that they are open 24 hours when I informed her that I will be booking in early evening. It was clear from the tone in her voice that I should not ask further questions and therefore I said bye.
        3. When I arrived at the guesthouse (just after 18:30) no-one was occupying the reception and the door was locked. I rang the bell but no-one opened. I therefore phoned the number on the door, and Joseph opened and booked me and brought my dinner to my room. Joseph was the only positive of this guesthouse.
        4. I was booked into room 20 on the stoep of the "second" premise. When we arrived I had to ask Joseph to remove a bin with used mask just outside my door.
        5. The smoking area was just outside my door and needless to say I was exposed and disturbed due to people smoking outside my room and talking loudly on the phones. Even the security guard was sitting in the evening outside my room listening to music on his phone which disturbed. When I asked the security guard where is his mask, he said that it was in his bag.
        6. On the last day of my stay I was working in my room and noticed that none of the cleaners were wearing masks, not even on chins or around their necks.
        7. On my last day, whilst working in my room the electricity went off just before midday. I then phoned the cell number of the guesthouse. A lady answered and said she was not in Postmasburg but will come back to me regarding the electricity. She never came back. This is a terrible place.

Room tip: I will not visit this guesthouse again
        Date of stay: June 2021
        Reviewed 17 March 2020

The establishment is of high quality, one can see that a mile away. Unfortunately, they are busy with construction on site and my stay was not as pleasant as I know it should be! BUT, I will be back once construction is complete as I value the service I got from the team. Food was scrumptious! Take away the footrest at the end of the bed as the room was a bit cramped! Otherwise, a pleasant stay! MUCH BETTER than Wisteria Lane GH.

Room tip: Please ask for the rooms that is at the back as it is more quiet!
        Date of stay: March 2020
        Reviewed 21 May 2019 via mobile

An amazing place to stay.
        A beautiful place with friendly people that go out of their way to satisfy you.
        Breakfast is great.
        Come and experience it for yourself.
        5 star rating and 6 star rating for service.

Date of stay: May 2019
        Trip type: Travelled on business
        ChristoL68, General Manager at D'Olive Rose Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2019

Good Day
        Thank you for so much for Your Valued Review of and your Kind Words. Really makes one Proud of Going the Extra Mile for All Our Valued Guest as Yourself. We as a Hotel Can only Better Our self through valued feedback from our Guest. Good or Bad.

Reviewed 27 November 2018

I stay on a regular basis at this guesthouse and the staff is very friendly and very helpful. You always feel special when staying there. The meals are excellent and very well prepared. WiFi is available. The rooms are very nice and spacious and cleaned every day.
        Keep it up guys !! Always a pleasure staying at D'Olive Rose. My home away from home

Room tip: All rooms are good
        Date of stay: November 2018
        • Trip type: Travelled on business
        ChristoL68, General Manager at D'Olive Rose Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2018

Good Day Mr. Gert C

Thank you for Your Valued Review of D'Olive Rose Postmasburg and your Kind Words. Really makes one Proud of going the Extra Mile for All Our Valued Guest as Yourself. We as a Hotel Can only Better Our self through valued feedback from our Guest.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

I had been booked in by my agent to assist in the mines, it gets hectic, but all that is history when you return to the beautifully carefully decorated space offered by this establishment.
        Based in a small town of Postmasburg in the Northern Cape, this is to really get to experience as the hospitality is lived here.
        the in Manager takes particular care to ensure that your individual needs are catered for, a splendid menu that i think make the neighbours really envious.

I hope next time i go to work in this town, this Guest house will be booked for me.

I wish to congratulate the people behind this establishment because it is simply EXCELLENT!

Date of stay: August 2018
        ChristoL68, General Manager at D'Olive Rose Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Good Day 265nthabisengm

Thank you for Your Valued Review of Our Establishment and your Kind Words. Really makes one Proud of Going the Extra Mile for All Our Valued Guest as Yourself. We as a Hotel Can only Better Our self through valued feedback from our Guest.