Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Rimo
Johannesburg, South Africa

Terrible - Covid 19 protocols are not followed

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 06 Jul 2021
Herewith a summary of my stay/experience:
1. I did not book this , place but it was booked on my behalf by a client of mine.
2. I phoned earlier in the day before I booked in to find out a bit more about the place. The lady who answered the phoned abruptly told me that they are open 24 hours when I informed her that I will be booking in early evening. It was clear from the tone in her voice that I should not ask further questions and therefore I said bye.
3. When I arrived at the guesthouse (just after 18:30) no-one was occupying the reception and the door was locked. I rang the bell but no-one opened. I therefore phoned the number on the door, and Joseph opened and booked me and brought my dinner to my room. Joseph was the only positive of this guesthouse.
4. I was booked into room 20 on the stoep of the "second" premise. When we arrived I had to ask Joseph to remove a bin with used mask just outside my door.
5. The smoking area was just outside my door and needless to say I was exposed and disturbed due to people smoking outside my room and talking loudly on the phones. Even the security guard was sitting in the evening outside my room listening to music on his phone which disturbed. When I asked the security guard where is his mask, he said that it was in his bag.
6. On the last day of my stay I was working in my room and noticed that none of the cleaners were wearing masks, not even on chins or around their necks.
7. On my last day, whilst working in my room the electricity went off just before midday. I then phoned the cell number of the guesthouse. A lady answered and said she was not in Postmasburg but will come back to me regarding the electricity. She never came back. This is a terrible place.
Date of stay: June 2021
No booking fees
    70.5 km from D'Olive Rose Boutique Hotel
    70.5 km from D'Olive Rose Boutique Hotel
    View more hotels in Postmasburg
    See what travellers are saying:
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 17 March 2020

The establishment is of high quality, one can see that a mile away. Unfortunately, they are busy with construction on site and my stay was not as pleasant as I know it should be! BUT, I will be back once construction is complete as I value the service I got from the team. Food was scrumptious! Take away the footrest at the end of the bed as the room was a bit cramped! Otherwise, a pleasant stay! MUCH BETTER than Wisteria Lane GH.

Room tip: Please ask for the rooms that is at the back as it is more quiet!
    Date of stay: March 2020
    • Trip type: Travelled on business
    Reviewed 21 May 2019 via mobile

An amazing place to stay.
    A beautiful place with friendly people that go out of their way to satisfy you.
    Breakfast is great.
    Come and experience it for yourself.
    5 star rating and 6 star rating for service.

Date of stay: May 2019
    Trip type: Travelled on business
    ChristoL68, General Manager at D'Olive Rose Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2019

Good Day
    Thank you for so much for Your Valued Review of and your Kind Words. Really makes one Proud of Going the Extra Mile for All Our Valued Guest as Yourself. We as a Hotel Can only Better Our self through valued feedback from our Guest. Good or Bad.

Reviewed 27 November 2018

I stay on a regular basis at this guesthouse and the staff is very friendly and very helpful. You always feel special when staying there. The meals are excellent and very well prepared. WiFi is available. The rooms are very nice and spacious and cleaned every day.
    Keep it up guys !! Always a pleasure staying at D'Olive Rose. My home away from home

Room tip: All rooms are good
    Date of stay: November 2018
    • Trip type: Travelled on business
    ChristoL68, General Manager at D'Olive Rose Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2018

Good Day Mr. Gert C

Thank you for Your Valued Review of D'Olive Rose Postmasburg and your Kind Words. Really makes one Proud of going the Extra Mile for All Our Valued Guest as Yourself. We as a Hotel Can only Better Our self through valued feedback from our Guest.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

I had been booked in by my agent to assist in the mines, it gets hectic, but all that is history when you return to the beautifully carefully decorated space offered by this establishment.
    Based in a small town of Postmasburg in the Northern Cape, this is to really get to experience as the hospitality is lived here.
    the in Manager takes particular care to ensure that your individual needs are catered for, a splendid menu that i think make the neighbours really envious.

I hope next time i go to work in this town, this Guest house will be booked for me.

I wish to congratulate the people behind this establishment because it is simply EXCELLENT!

Date of stay: August 2018
    ChristoL68, General Manager at D'Olive Rose Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Good Day 265nthabisengm

Thank you for Your Valued Review of Our Establishment and your Kind Words. Really makes one Proud of Going the Extra Mile for All Our Valued Guest as Yourself. We as a Hotel Can only Better Our self through valued feedback from our Guest.

Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

I'm quite glad I discovered d'Olive Rose because it truly is a home away from home. It's truly a gem in Postmansburg without a doubt. Their rooms/decor, the hospitality, the food, everything about Olive Rose is spectacular. My highest compliments to the staff as they genuinely look after their guests, especially the their chef (Suzi). :)

Looking forward to my return in the following months.

Date of stay: May 2018
    1  Thank syrusb2018
    Christo L, Manager at D'Olive Rose Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Good day Mr. Bagheri

Thank you so much for taking the time to wright a Review on Our Property. Me and my Staff can only better our
    self’s through feedback from our most valued guest as yourself. Was a pleasure meeting you in Person and
    chatting about all your travels all over the World.

Looking forward to your next stay with us.

Christo and Team Olive Rose