Reviews (5 104)
3 365
1 215
3 365
1 215
All reviews time share mokka bar flavours restaurant timeshare presentation discount card agliolio restaurant apples eye promotional holiday island residence club private beach sales pitch sea view five star hotel hotel restaurants indoor pool hired a car bus service
316 - 321 of 5 104 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Once again we had a wonderful time at the resort with very friendly and cooperative staff and we look forward to our next visit. whenever that will be. hopefully not to long to go before that. We would like to thank all the staf who helped us enjoy our stay of two weeks.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu
Sasha C, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Malta Golden Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Dear Meryn/Marion W,

We appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experience about your recent visit.

On behalf of the management and staff here at the Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Golden Sands we would like to thank you for your custom and we look forward to hosting you once again in the near future.

Regards,

Reviewed 28 June 2018

We stayed for a week in June 2018 at this hotel. It is the only hotel in Golden Sands/Bay - which is a lovely sandy Blue Flag beach (one of the few on the island). The hotel was modern, clean and our sea view from our balcony was truly superb. The staff were friendly and efficient. The food in the three (although see below) restaurants was very good. I think the main problem about this hotel (ironically) is it location (so this is its USP but also its Achilles Heel!). It is (comparatively speaking) in the middle of nowhere. We had hired a car - which I believe is absolutely essential. There is nowhere (by way of a town/village) to walk to; no nearby restaurants (except one by the public car park); so one is by and large reliant on the restaurants in the hotel - unless one is prepared to drive. As I mentioned above, the three restaurants are very good; however, in a 7 day stay the higher-end restaurant (Essence) was closed twice (once for a wedding; the other time because, I assume, an accountant at Radisson Blu has decided that, for costs reasons, it should be shut one evening a week!) That, therefore, limits the options yet further. The other slight quibble we would have about the beach - although I am not sure whether this is something for the hotel or the local authority - was that for a number of the days the sea wasn't particularly pleasant to swim in. I appreciate that the waves were quite significant (the life guards were extremely and rightly alert to people stepping out too far) but the sea was full of bits of sea weed and other vegetation! However, if these negatives are not important to you I could not recommend this hotel more.

1  Thank RogerS3848

Dear Roger S,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel.

We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your visit and you have found our team friendly and efficient.

Lookng forward to welcome you back !

Regards,

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Our third stay at this hotel and we found it as we had left it 4 years ago. One or two changes noticed. Like the buttons on the tables.
Cocktail bar not used very much, only on events such as the world cup.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu

Dear 276AnthonyH,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Resort & Spa , Golden Sands for the third time and for taking the time to share your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back !

Reviewed 25 June 2018

The hotel is split into 3 towers, so can involve quite a bit of walking to get to restaurants ,beach and pools. Pools really nice and indoor warm pool gym and jacuzzi, steam rooms and saunas and very nice restaurants although a bit pricey. The rooms are large and defo worth getting a sea view as stunning cove. Bus stop close by to get around the island. A great place to stay and relax.

Dear bubbles50,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our resort. We are very pleased that you have enjoyed our facilities and the sea view room.

We look forward to host you again in the near future !

Reviewed 25 June 2018

I thoroughly enjoyed a week at this hotel (I am in my 40s), as did my elderly parents with whom I shared a suite. The sea/beach view is probably the best view in the Maltese islands. The breakfast buffet was fantastic; the pool large and the pool area picturesque and pleasant. The clear sea and sandy beach is just one staircase away. Good internet, large rooms, helpful, friendly and professional staff. I think the price was reasonable. I live in Malta so I could have spent about the same amount of money on a trip abroad, but this is almost like going abroad as the hotel is cut off from the bustle and noise of any Maltese town or village. We had dinner at one of the restaurants, Essence... a bit pricey but the food was divine and quite worth it. I recommend this hotel both for a short getaway by locals or for tourists.

Room tip: A seaview room is best. The Twilight and Sunset Towers are quiter in the eve. A room on the fifth floor or higher ensures a better view.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear 99Cf ,

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience.

We are delighted to hear your enjoyed your visit and look forward to welcoming you back.