“When with the best... 🍾”
Review of Osteria Altran

Osteria Altran
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Ruda
Price range: US$75 - US$100
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

My husband took me to this restaurant for our 10 years anniversary as a surprise. We love going out and eating good food that is modern but still tastes excellent. I have to say that this restaurant offers just that. I would say that as a tipical italian restaurant it is up to date with all the trends in the world, it has its own twist but still respects the basic flavors. We were surprised by the prices of the menu and the wines as this is a mischelin star restaurant the prices are very resonable. The atmosphere is lovely, beautiful old building with an amazing dining area. The staff is professional and the owner is great! You will not be disappointed here - a must go!

Reviewed 8 May 2016 via mobile

I am not easy to impress, have visited an endless number of * ** *** star restaurants, and cook on 1.5 star level. This place is the one to visit, perhaps even worth a journey. Provided you are able to understand complex good food. Winelist also very tempting and not overpriced. Portions small, order plenty. Only four tables in a most pleasant ambiente.

2  Thank Thomas F
Reviewed 2 February 2016

Based on Michelin star recognition we perhaps did expect to much of this very , very nice restaurant . However , the choice of offered food ( we took 7 courses menu ) , although beautifully presented with a lot of care and work by chef , was neither by test nor quality anything special. It was rather a totally disappointing culinary nonevent .
Memorable is only the great service , very inviting , homy pleasant atmosphere of this fine place and the bill presented at end.
We were treated royally and are happy that we visited this untypical restaurant , but considering almost under average food and quite a high price , we would not come back.

Reviewed 16 July 2015

We visited this exciting Osteria for Sunday lunch and it was an incredible surprise. The setting is fairly rustic with lunch served on the veranda of an old farm building. The establishment only accommodates 4 tables per seating ensuring attentive service and food to die for! The starter was the best I've ever eaten! Zucchini flowers stuffed with parmesan mousse and a pepperoni jus - this is Italy on a plate! Simply sublime.

1  Thank Alessandra P
Reviewed 8 June 2015

This review is for the Osteria Altran offshoot at Milan Expo in 2015, not the main restaurant.

I'd never heard of Osteria Altran before the Expo. I walked along the Italian eataly section checking all the menus, & looking at the dishes coming out. It is almost to the end away from the main walk, but after a taste, my wife's face said it all. I chose right!
We shared two courses and came back the next day for another two. All 4 courses were delicious, especially the terrine. As with all the restaurant samplers (what to call them), the menus are very limited. This menu was only 5 items. The dishes are prepared in front of your eyes and you take it away to where you can find a table. Never had such good food on a plastic plate!

1  Thank anywhere-anyhow