“Tasty Food. Cute Outdoor Seating ”
Review of La Vecchia Locanda

La Vecchia Locanda
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
La Vecchia Locanda is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 234 Restaurants in Frascati
Price range: US$12 - US$41
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

A fantastic meal on our first night in Rome. I ordered the truffle pasta which was TO DIE FOR! My husband had the arrabbiata pasta... which I was totally jealous of. Maybe the best red sauce (sans meat) I've ever tasted.

We shared the lemon veal and a side of the sautéed spinach. The spinach comes with olives and pine nuts in it. Both delicious! My husband doesn't like olives but they were easy enough to pick out.

Solid meal. I would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 8 October 2016

So happy that we found this amazing restaunt on our last night in Rome! Close to the pantheon but at the same time in a quiet area. Delicious food and great selections of wine! The service was outstanding, must book in advance

Reviewed 6 July 2015 via mobile

Spent an evening in Frascati, this venue was suggested as an easy going and relaxed restaurant. It lived up to the recommendation. Pretty much on the side of the road, nothing much else about, doubt people would travel a long way just to come here but seems well suited to locals or visitors staying nearby.

Dined alone, asked for an outside table, table was right to back against wall, not ideal seating but no drama. Menu in Italian, no English, pretty hard to read the way it is printed but managed to work out what I wanted.

Tried a Carbonara, was a little too sticky but nice ingredients. Followed with a pizza with prosciutto, classic thin crust, very good.

Service was friendly and attentive. Inexpensive venue with a good quality meal, would happily go back.

Reviewed 19 June 2015

Near the Pantheon--loved this restaurant. Delicious ravioli, trofe--get the pasta at this restaurant. Nice ambiance sitting outside on a small side street.

Reviewed 26 February 2015

We were staying in the hotel next door (Poggio Regillo), with an early start to the airport in the morning. So we decided not go far and to try La Vecchia Locanda. There was a nice warm greeting at the door and we were shown into a comfortable mid-sized restaurant with pleasant decor and a TV showing a local football match. My only complaint about the whole experience was that I found the menu almost unreadable in the lighting conditions (black type on a dark red background). Service was good and the helpful waitress got me through my optical problems. We chose pizzas, which were a medium thickness base, nice texture and generous tasty toppings. We had the house red Frascati wine, which was very good. I would highly recommend this for a good value cheerful dining experience.