“If you like pizza and sunsets this is for you”
Review of La Grapperia

La Grapperia
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

Even though very crowded on Sundays at lunch we did not to wait long to be eating thin crust pizza and enjoying cold beer under the oak trees with a great view over the valley. On another evening the sunset was beautiful enjoying the cold meat and vegetable platters with a glass of wine

Reviewed 20 February 2017

Arrived there early Friday afternoon and sat outside under the oak trees as it was a beautiful day. They have a great view of the wine lands and the atmosphere is very relaxing and romantic. The service was good and the food was tasty and very well priced. I expected the menu to be more expensive to be honest.
I wasn't too hungry so I had something called the Classic Flammkuchen. It looks like a pizza but not as heavy on the stomach. For R60 you can't go wrong. Thumbs up and will visit when in the area again.

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

Although their Gin is brilliant, and the view awesome, the food is a disappointment.

We stopped for lunch with friends and many complained about the ridiculously small portions of the food.

My wife wanted a light lunch, opted for a (what they call) a salad, and basically got about 8 thin slices of tomato and a few thin slithers of mozzarella with a light drizzle of basil pesto. None of the basil leaves the menu stated. What a disappointment. Basically equal to garnish at a normal establishment. And we had to pay for this nonsense.

I opted for a flamkuchen and was indifferent to it. Not really tasty at all.

One friend opted for a platter and had to stop for food on his way home.

Other patrons were allowed to smoke e-cigarettes while seated between the other clients. Although I brought this under the waiter's attention, nothing was done about it and I had to continue inhaling her e-cigarette vapour each time she exhaled.

Probably will visit Spice Route again, but definitely not this restaurant.

1  Thank IcemanTJ
Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

Always a pleasure to have lunch here while at Spice Route. Great pizzas with an excellent view.

Crowded on weekends.

Reviewed 26 January 2017

My family and I took friends from the USA, Italy and UAE for lunch. Serving a party of 15 is never easy, but La Grapperia handled us with ease. We did make a booking beforehand though. This is essential, especially in high season. We ordered a wide variety off the extensive menu and settled in with a few bottles of wine. Our order was ready much too soon, as we enjoyed the wine and the ambiance beneath the massive trees. The quality of the food was great and the pizza's truly special. The children enjoyed the lawns. Service was great.