Lowest prices for your stay
R 2 018
Agoda.com
R 1 376
Fully refundable before Sat, 16 Mar
Breakfast included
No fees just great deals
All reviews magical wedding bathroom door wedding coordinator honeymoon suite next morning simba honeydew ruth generator anke tranquil khoi johannesburg
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 June 2023

Lovely venue and room, staff were rushed between weddings so bathrooms were not turned around properly. No soap, towels and other normal bits you find at a hotel/guesthouse. Staff very friendly and responsive. Good breakfast next morning

Date of stay: June 2023
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Calvin van Niekerk, Marketing at The Garden Venue, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2023

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Your comments have been shared with the relevant department heads to ensure these were isolated incidents, we apologize for any inconvenience caused. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 20 June 2023

We had our wedding at the Garden Venie, most beautifull day ever, not once did we stress about anything, the staff were amazing and stayed until we were escourted to the honeymoon suite. Thank you so much to Sarika, Blessings, Faith and everyone else who was involved.

Date of stay: May 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Calvin van Niekerk, Marketing at The Garden Venue, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2023

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are glad that we exceeded your expectations. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 12 June 2023

On behalf of myself and my husband, Jason we would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to The Garden Venue for the most outstanding assistance and coordination of our wedding. I just cannot begin to describe the fairytale wedding they created for me. I mean every girl wants the perfect wedding and I got mine. I experienced the most kind-hearted staff and from day one of looking at my potential wedding venue I knew there was just something about this place that made me decide to have my wedding there. On a special note my wedding coordinator Faith was amazing and made sure everything was in place from the day of booking until my wedding until the end of our reception and of course making our honeymoon suite just so romantic. Faith, without you my anxiety levels would have been high but you helped me keep through the whole process. I also believe she has a baby so making extra time for me just proves her passion for creating perfect weddings for beautiful brides. Blessing our floor manager was a real blessing. She even managed to get Jägermeister off my dress after a slight accident. All the staff were incredible. I just want to thank everyone at The Garden Venue for treating me like a queen and making my whole wedding from start to finish a magical one. I will be seeing you in the future for either a baby shower or a gender reveal. I will definitely recommend you in the future to anyone who wants to be blown away by magic at their own wedding.

Room tip: This venue not only caters for weddings and corporate events but baby showers and gender reveal to.
Date of stay: June 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Calvin van Niekerk, Marketing at The Garden Venue, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2023

Reviewed 23 May 2023

The Garden Venue hosted our wedding in May 2023 , the event was absolutely magical .
The rooms were slightly disappointing, however , the warmth of the staff made up for the lack of heating in the bedrooms.
The external noise from a generator made sleeping very difficult .

Date of stay: May 2023
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Calvin van Niekerk, Marketing at The Garden Venue, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2023

Thank you for choosing The Garden Venue to be a part of this special celebration. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel teams to ensure that these were isolated issues which are corrected moving forward.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the property soon.

Reviewed 11 March 2023

is with a sad heart that I write to you regarding our experience with the garden venue.

Firstly thank you for the beautiful wedding hall setup and the amazing food - that is however the only two things I can compliment!

And ....

WITH A BIG AN PROPER SHOUT OUT TO LYNETTE WHO WAS ALWAYS THERE TO HELP AND ASSIST HOW SHE CAN AND WHEN SE CAN SHE WAS ABSOLUTELY GREAT

It always starts off with a fully paid wedding right? A wedding in total nearing 350K at one of your smaller venues. If one pays that you would expect EVERY SINGLE THING to go smoothly!

It started off with some communication issues especially with the DJ that you corrected in time - thank you for that ! i think Master did a great job, except for once playing the wrong song - unfortunately 1 bad thing has the potential to diminish all the good you see!

Anyway, then with the outside decor - as you would expect this is a super stressful day - asking 5 times for drapes to be changed is a disgrace - just to find out it was not changed but just tilted so that tears cannot be seen ( this however shows in wedding photos).

Then the other venues - whilst getting ready all visiting guests were up and down (guests not attending our wedding). Exactly 15 minutes before our ceremony started I had to ask what will be done about this - as it would not be nice having strangers walking through your wedding to another?

Then the rooms - it was communicated to us that all rooms were booked out to us, to our surprise only a few ( now I do get the fact that other venues brides, etc. Also has to be housed for the evening) thus my suggestion to not ill communicate to guests, instead just tell them exactly that! This also caused a huge uproar when there was communicated to us that we will have the first room specifically and second respectively - as your venue is already not wheelchair accessible - one would expect more respect in that sense. This was also corrected after a huge verbally exhausting conversation. This also applies to parking as we had asked officials to please keep one parking numerous times for the one specific car! After yet another disgusting conversation this was corrected!

Then our guests - and this is an extremely sad situation! Firstly our family members were showed away at the gate due to a child’s name not being on the list. Why would you not ask????? There was open seats (fully paid) at the wedding and last minute arrangements allowed the child! How could you show someone away that plays a fundamental role in our lives! When an uproar was caused due to this and Anke our wedding coordinator tried to fix it - it was already to late! They left, and we are left with a milestone without them! A sorry simply wont cut it!

We brought still waters labelled with the wedding details that was handed out during ceremony - the waters left was never returned to us? Same applies to wedding gifts? I do get that some responsibility lies with us to get it back, but given that the next day is quite rushed on your side ( as our venue was already prepared for a wedding the next day) one would expect that before 10am the following day the venue would realise there is stuff left behind!

It was also communicated to us that breakfast will be R220 the following morning - to our surprise it was R320 pp ( delicious, but please question yourself if it is really worth that amount?), just to put the financial implications of this mistake into words it was R2200 not accounted for in total! Money does not grow on backs.
Also, the Bar - once again disgusting!!! I have never been that angry in my life when the brides Father asked for 4 glases of ice from the bar after it was literally just closed and the barmen helped him another female bartender came and shoved the glasses away from us! This person paid a R60000 bartab - once again one would expect more respect! He also asked that the lights would not be switched on as it makes people uncomfortable but we will get all guests out as the wedding ended at 23:00, this request was simply ignored! Your alcohol markup is also very very unreasonable!!! Your markup is on average 300% on a pre booked bottle of spirit’s, that is exploitative!!! Imagine the revenue on a bottle not pre booked… ( refrain from justifying this by any means, it is simply unjustifiable)

In conclusion - sharpen up your communication- if a coordinator says they will be with you every step of the day - don’t make family members look for them for 1 hour! Be realistic with pricing- its unreasonable.. sharpen up on your handling of persons with a difficultly walking! Sharpen up your communication from the gate to the coordinator! Don’t do viewings till 14:30 if a wedding starts at 15:00.

We trust this is not the way The Garden Venue wishes to conduct business with valued customers! I have never encountered such treatment from a reputable company before! We want to encourage you to improve your customer service, to a level one expects from a wedding venue!

Date of stay: March 2023
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Calvin van Niekerk, Marketing at The Garden Venue, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2023

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable experience, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your wedding.

Please accept our sincere apology for the service which you had received from our staff. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel teams to ensure that these were isolated issues which are corrected moving forward.