“Excellent Intro to Clay Shooting”

Garlands Shooting Ground
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Edingale
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I booked a little intro lesson as a surprise for my boyfriend when we were in the area for a weekend attending a friends wedding. It comes as no surprise that the time spent at Garlands was a highlight - for both of us.

I had emailed to book and Terry (very helpful and friendly) emailed me straight back to confirm the booking. No payment was taken (how very trusting!) and we found the venue with no trouble.

Was surprised to find such a fully stocked shop on site, and after enjoying a quick cuppa from the cafe, we set off with Alan to go get started. Alan was particularly helpful- patient and an excellent teacher, taking time to explain and adjust each of our "techniques" (if you could call them that!), he really was a fantastic teacher with a very pleasant manner - putting you right at ease and quietly giving you advice to make sure you get the very best from your day there.

Needless to say we had an absolute blast (pardon the pun) and only wish that we lived closer so that we could go again!

Would recommend the team at Garlands in a heartbeat, if you are in the area - book up, you won;t regret it!

Reviewed 28 December 2012

A varied clay shooting experience, with lots of advice available. Guns available for hire, and pop to local for a pint afterwards.

1  Thank Derek L
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Has a very good clay shooting layout. You can get professional lessons or go to shoot at the open days.
Has a very limited rifle zeroing range which could be improved, but does the job up to about 100 yards.
The shop is well stocked and has friendly staff.
There is a small cafe where you can get a snack and a coffee.

3  Thank Archy28
Reviewed 25 August 2011

We booked tuition with 25 rounds through "The Big Shoot" web site as I could not find Clay pigeon shooting near Litchfield Via a Google search. Next time we book it will be direct with Garlands.

I was a little aprehensive as friend's told me I would be too small and delicate to handle a gun and would probably put my shoulder out, this was not the case as the gun's and shot have a low kick back and with the expert tuition of the correct handling and aim of the rifle I thoroughly enjoyed the experience hitting 75% of my targets. My Husband now wishes to join a shooting club.

We would highly recommend this experience.

3  Thank perfectionist1_8