Lowest prices for your stay
US$218
View deal
Free cancellation until 21/10/01
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
Expedia.comUS$219
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 September 2019

Söderköping is one of the oldest towns in Sweden and Söderköpings Brunn
Hotel in the town centre is part of that history. A brunn is a well, and visitors to Söderköping once took the waters for their health-giving properties. Today the hotel, with its roots as a health spa in the 18th and 19th centuries, offers modern accommodation and facilities for guests and conference delegates in an elegantly restored building. Söderköpings Brunn Hotel combines old-world charm with modern comfort. It’s a winning combination.

I stayed one night in a single room, number 265, which is small but comfortable. I slept well. The bathroom was immaculately clean with a walk-in shower. I had the greatest difficulty finding a power socket in the bathroom for my electric toothbrush and almost gave up the search. But there is one. It’s on the underside of the down lights mount above the mirror and hand basin. Look for a little flap, open it, and hey presto, there’s the socket!

The TV in my room was a good size and the volume control was not restricted as is all too often the case in hotel rooms. The choice of channels, however, was limited and the only international news channel was CNN, always good for reporting the latest antics of the present incumbent at the White House, but still not my news channel of choice.

I ate in the hotel restaurant — afternoon tea, dinner, and breakfast the following morning. All were excellent and the service at dinner, by Christine who spoke excellent English and was friendly and efficient, was exemplary.

All members of staff that I met were friendly and helpful. Special praise for Ida at the reception desk who would make any guest feel immediately at home. I liked Söderköpings Brunn Hotel a lot and hope one day to return.

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed 20 May 2019

We stayed for one night celebrating birthday. The hotel is situated close to the center. Peaceful surroundings. Nice room, comfortable beds. Beautiful diningroom. Exellent three course dinner with very good recommended wines. Friendly service. Full breakfast.

Date of stay: May 2019
1  Thank udol70
Reviewed 9 November 2017

Even if we only stayed one night in this lovely hotel, we got a real sense of its old-world ambiance. This is a hotel I have wanted to stay in for many years. I have heard very good things about this establishment, situated in beautiful Söderköping. It turned out that it still have some of it's old-world charm, especially in the grand dining rooms and salons. Thank goodness there is also modern day accommodation in the bedrooms. When we were there, we had a absolutely lovely breakfast together with a whole company of middel-aged men who where dressed to their teeth in Savile Row attire to go fishing. An evidence that people still visit Söferköpings Brunn with expectations that they will experience a certain ambiance. Our room had everything we could want from a wheelchair accessible facility. I use a small, manual wheelchair, so I do not know if they have rooms that will be spacious enough for an electric wheelchair.
But the very pleasant and accommodating staff will certainly inform you.
As the name means, Söderköpings Brunn (spa), the hotel has a large spa. We didn't have time to try any of this.
Söderköping is one of Swedens oldest town. There is plenty to see, very nice walks, -and good fishing, from what we could tell.

Room tip: For wheelchair users, ask for a room in the new wing
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 1 nite & was given a room in the newer wing. We loved the room & it was cosy with the balcony facing the stream. The dining room was quite grandeur, and our dinner & breakfast were good. The check-in service was a tad slow as the staff were all at the dining area when we arrived, but the good dinner made up the shortfall.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jade W
Amin D, Chef at Soderkopings Brunn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2017

Many thanks.
Warmly welcome again.
Amin

Reviewed 13 September 2017

Exclusive old hotell from 18oo century, 5 minutes walk from Söderköpings largest main square. It offers free Wi-Fi, delicious food and various spa treatments.boardwalks, restaurants and walks along the river

Room tip: good breakfast and nice poolarea
Date of stay: September 2017