Reviews (1 203)
1 203 results
All reviews garden suite golf course main building golf club pool bar driving range golf facilities great golf main bar reception staff large bathroom five star hotel buffet dinner golfing holiday games room golf break plenty of choice
207 - 212 of 1 203 reviews
Reviewed 8 February 2017 via mobile

The rooms are in desperate need of modernisation. The smell along the whole corridor and in the room is very, very bad....a mixture of school dinners and musty socks. There was an annoying noise coming from the air vent all night. The beds are hard. There's one can of Coke, a can of Sprite and 2 waters in the minibar, that's it. No kettle or facilities for making drinks but the room service charge is €15 a pop! The furnishings are extremely grubby and stained. No amount of cleaning would rectify this - it all needs replacing. The TV is around 20 years old and very small. It has the ambience of a residential home for the elderly.
Arrived at midnight called reception the next morning asking to check out. They said because it was through Booking.com to call them. Booking.com said they'd call the hotel then call me back. When they did they said I'd have to speak to the hotel. Sensing a 24hr roundabout ride I just gave up. The staff seem incredibly grumpy - I didn't get eye contact from a single one of the reception staff. I wasn't asked if I enjoyed my stay when I checked out. I didn't check on any of the facilities or try breakfast so can't comment. The only decent thing was the very clean bathroom in the room. The cleaning staff seem to do an excellent job but as they say...you can't make a silk purse out of a pig's ear...

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank rangiecow
PVSOL, Guest Relations Manager at Pestana Vila Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us. We do take guest feedback very seriously as we are always looking for ways to improve upon guest experiences. I will certainly share your feedback with the relevant heads of department to ensure maintain the highest standards of service are maintained at all times.

I would like the opportunity to welcome you back again and I shall personally oversee your visit.

Kind Regards,
Guest Service Manager
Beatriz Silva

Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

This is an ex-Portugal Open championship course with some fantastic 'signature holes' but only worth the money if you play 1-18.
It's a well trodden course at times and greens can be off the stint meter so if you're on top of your game then go for it - otherwise drop down the road to Pinhal!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
PVSOL, Manager at Pestana Vila Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2017

Dear Martyn,

Thank you for your review and tips to the other customers.
Kind regards,

Hotel Pestana Vila Sol

Reviewed 11 January 2017 via mobile

Having golf lessons here at the moment. Lovely setting and feel that the lessons are very good value for money. Staff are very attentive in the reception and bar area. Good parking and very relaxed. I can't wait to play on the actual course.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive evaluation about your experience.
Kind regards,

Unit's Manager at Hotel Pestana Vila Sol

Reviewed 28 December 2016

We stayed in this hotel for 10 days. We had a garden suite which was really nice and suited us really well as we had our 2 toddlers with us. The childrens pool was right outside which was great. We ate out most of the time because the food was ok. We had breakfast there every morning. THe staff were ok then, just a bit slow. One night we decided to stay in for the buffet all you can eat dinner. Children were free. The food was ok. The member of staff informed us that we got a free bottle of wine with out meal. So, when my husband got the bill, he noticed that the waiter had charged for the 2 childrens meals, even though they were free. He also charged for the bottle of wine. When we confronted him about it, he got real arrogant and smirked and us and was not nice to my husband at all. He also said that he never told us the bottle of wine was free. I informed him that he did and that I asked him twice to make sure. We ended up having to go to front of desk and trying to sort this problem out as the waiter was the most rude, ignorant man that we met in the hotel. He really puit a damper to the end of our holiday. I would not recommend this hotel for the poor staff. The cleaners were very good though and rooms cleaned really well. You just have to meet one rude staff member to give a hotel a bad name

Room Tip: Garden suite really nice and good for kids as beside the pool
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
PVSOL, Manager at Pestana Vila Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2016

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your comments about the positive aspects of your experience.
I've spoke with the member of the staff involved with the situation of the dinner and his version is slightly different, once we don't have this modality of beverages included on the price for individual Guests since long time ago.
By mistake he charged one of the toddlers but made the correspondent correction when he realized the age.
This same person was elected Employee of the Month in October because of his politeness and professionalism.
However I would like to present my sincere excuses for any misunderstanding occurred during your stay in June.
Best regards,

Unit's Manager at Pestana Vila Sol

Reviewed 3 December 2016 via mobile

Came here for a three day golfing trip and was ruined as no hot water for showers in the morning or evening. Just off the phone to reception and all they do is apologise but don't actually sort out the problem..really annoying in this day and age that a purported top quality hotel can't fulfill it's basic obligations to the customer...don't come here !

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank P3080CBpatm
PVSOL, Manager at Pestana Vila Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2016

Dear Guest,

Please accept our apologizes for the aspect related with the lack of hot water. We had a problem related with this issue in one of the sectors of the property that we were able to solve at the end of 48 hours. However we proposed a room move to another sector to all our Guests affected by this incident.
Once again I would like to present my sincere excuses.
Best regards.