We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Open today: 09:00 - 23:30
Save
Book In Advance
Tours from AlgarveXcite tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!
  
Ways to Experience AlgarveXcite
from US$69,80
More Info
from US$29,10
More Info
from US$174,40
More Info
Reviews (537)
Filter reviews
451 results
Traveller rating
305
40
23
24
59
Traveller type
Time of year
LanguageAll languages
More languages
305
40
23
24
59
Show reviews that mention
All reviews jet boat dolphin safari parasailing experience wild dolphins cave tour an amazing experience great company explained everything reef fishing bucket list great fun great trip saw dolphins rock formations whole family staff were friendly vilamoura marina
Filter
Updating list...
1 - 6 of 451 reviews
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

65 euros for half hour for two of us on the same jet ski. Only down side was the other two jet skis out. Kept over taking us on dangerous corners making us stop to avoid a crash. If we weren’t as cautious then it would of no doubt caused injury. Not once were the two jet skiiers told to keep a safe distance or not over take so close. Even though the staff could see it happen constantly. So most of our time was watching over our shoulders constantly for the other skiers. Would be nicer to be able to jet ski longer distances rather than in a constant triangle and probably safer to avoid the over taking and sharp corners. Over all it was great but the staff need to be more alert on what the riders are doing to make it fair and enjoyable for everyone as I would of said over half of our time out we were just floating to let them pass. Would use again and hope for better.

Thank DaniiSobye
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

Went on the caves and dolphin trip. The caves were impressive and the “secret” beach but Ifwant to go on it it’s advise to canoe out to it. We then went to see some dolphins to no avail which is understandable as it’s wild and not caged. But no communication from the skipper to keep us updated just took us out 11 miles to see turned around and came back a little disappointed but mainly in lack of communication. The boat was good fun though better than a catamaran.

Thank Katie121154
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

Just got back from this trip and was very disappointed as on booking yesterday the lady in the booth selling tickets told us 98% chance of seeing dolphins - well we must have be the 2%!!! Basically went very far out to sea hoping to see dolphins but then they headed back to the coast to look at one cave and a few beaches but would have preferred them to concentrate on searching for dolphins as that is what we had paid for and not to see beaches and a cave!! Felt like we were totally missold this trip and it was a very expensive 1 1/2 hours!

Thank allysonspragg
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
BestBoatCharter, Manager at AlgarveXcite, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2018

Hi Allyson

Unfortunately we can not give a 100 % guarantee you will see dolphins but we do offer a very positive chance to see them in the wild as all of our Dolphin watching skippers document all of there sightings and the statistics are analysed weekly to allow us to give our customers a true view of there chances to view this magnificent creatures. Our Rib boats are designed for comfort and allow you to visit the beautiful rock formations and caves as well as to search for the dolphins as advertised.
Many Thanks
AlgarveXcite

Report response as inappropriate
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

I paid €70 for my 11 year old daughter and I, to go on the Jet Boat. We arrived at 12.15 and had to wait until 14.00. This isn’t a problem as it was the middle of August.

We arrived 15 minutes before the start of the ride and given our life jackets. Because of an earlier complaint and subsequent addition of a further 5 teenagers (French and rude who cut the queue) they were over subscribed. There was no guidance for the ride (perhaps a register) and as a result scramble for the seats. This meant the nine people initially allocated the slot had to wait a further half-an-hour for the ride.

In its own right this isn’t an issue however when we got on the boat, we only got one spin as there was a younger boy on the ride who didn’t like the experience. We felt sorry for the parents but returned to the Marina and were not offered a further ride, any form of compensation or apology. I may as well have chucked €70 in the Marina.....

Thank Richs1981
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
BestBoatCharter, Manager at AlgarveXcite, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2018

Hi Rich

As you know this is a high speed water based roller coaster on the water , if we do ever need to return to the marina as some one if not enjoying it , we ALWAYS go back out to complete the ride.
If you opted to come off to at this time you should have come to the office to speak to us and to discuss options , please let me know how much of the trip you missed as i believe you purchased the video .

Thanks

ALgarvexcite

Report response as inappropriate
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Very enjoyable experience, skipper and staff where very nice and they were clearly well experienced, would definitely recommend it.

Thank tarkaroche
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
BestBoatCharter, Manager at AlgarveXcite, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2018

We are glad you like all of our clients had fun and we hope to see you again soon !

Thanks

AlgarveXcite

Report response as inappropriate
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

It was really great and enjoyable. Would recommend it to everyone! Good service and nice staff. Also on the Benagil Tour!

Thank An N
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
BestBoatCharter, Manager at AlgarveXcite, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2018

We are glad you like all of our clients had fun and we hope to see you again soon !

Thanks

AlgarveXcite

Report response as inappropriate
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC
View more reviews