“Ok food with a view, lunchtime.”

Restaurant Gerardushoeve
Ranked #3 of 10 Restaurants in Epen
Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Arrived at my table, salt en pepper were placed with some insistence. It was a sign of how the food will be. View is spectacular. Service depends of whom comes to your table. Some very young staff was a bit scared of the customer and her sole reply was, I will ask the waiter. A pity because it changes the ambiance. The food seemed to be pre prepped, salade on the side was flat and crushed. I had duck for starters and it was quite bland. Hence the salt and pepper. Than dry-aged beef. This beef wasn’t dry aged or if it was, than way to short and not in the right way, tasted more like a frozen piece that was defrosted. I had 4 or 5 pieces of tendon in 1 piece of beef. The vegetables on the side were swimming in oil. Despite all this 3 out of 5 due to the location and good waiter I had. Not sure if i’ll return.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

We made reservations way in advance for a table with a view inside for 8 persons. Gerardus gave us the perfect table. This set the scene for a perfect afternoon. Good atmosphere, good talks, good food .. perfect time!

Reviewed 15 October 2017

After we settled our things, We went out for a stroll in this beautiful region, where the valley was welcoming and the summer breeze was softly touching the face. A very nice walk with not much cars no traffic and so peaceful.

Then we reached this restaurant for our dinner before going back to our hotel. That was our early dinner intending to have an early restful sleep after the trip. The choice of food suggested by my husband was really good and we enjoyed it very much.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

I loved the carpaccio of Belgian Bleau from Margraten with truffle creme and mature Reijmerstock cheese. The tomato soup was nice too. And the staff were very accommodating and I liked the way there answer was - yes, of course.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Really simpele, the view is fantastic (see picture) and the pancakes were great as well.
The service is good.