“The Golden Garden - What a great find in Zoetermeer, NL”
Review of Golden Garden

Golden Garden
Ranked #19 of 110 Restaurants in Zoetermeer
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I searched for good and reasonable restaurants in Zoetermeer prior to leaving the USA and The Golden Garden stood out for just what I was looking for. I was staying at the Golden Tulip Hotel so it was just a short drive to the restaurant. On my first night I went there and arrived around 5:45pm and was seated in one of the dining rooms where only one other couple were dining; the restaurant was quite empty but that changed by 6:15pm when crowds of locals arrived; they knew a great place to dine. The menu was huge but I choose the fried rice platter with beef, shrimp, chicken and vegetables. After you order they place a sterno hot plate with a serving dish to keep it warm. Then they served a huge platter of food onto the hot plate and served a small portion onto the empty plate. Very gracious serving procedures; something would would find in a fine restaurant. The large portion was 14.25 euro; a great deal. I also returned to Golden Garden another night during my stay.

Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

Friendly staff and well made food. A sure recommendation for anyone looking for a nice dinner. We only took a main course but we had more than enough to satisfy us for the evening.

Reviewed 25 October 2015

I have eaten here twice so far and will again. Good food , good service and not a bad price. Lots of standard stuff in the menu but with a few surprises. Cant recommend the "egg protein soup" but the hot and sour is excellent. Friendly staff and service on the right side of prompt but not pushy.

Reviewed 30 June 2015 via mobile

The menu is not standard. The food is very good and the staff is friendly. We like to go there every time.

Reviewed 29 January 2015

My husband and I wanted to take our Dutch friends out for a birthday supper before we left for Canada and the wife suggested Chinese. We asked at our hotel front desk and they suggested the Golden Garden. Great recommendation! The staff was super friendly and helpful with suggestions and translation! The food was wonderful, plentiful, and steaming hot when it arrived. We had casually mentioned that we were celebrating a birthday and when our desserts came, the birthday girl's arrived with a lit sparkler and streamers and she also received a wrapped gift (a scarf). They also bring a big candy container full of candy, chocolates, etc.when the bring out the dessert. A nice added touch to a great evening. We felt we got good value for our money eating here and would definitely come again when we're in Holland!