All reviews huis ter duin sea view michelin star beach house la terrasse soccer team an update nice hotel great location on the beach public areas business conference old fashioned bit dated off season short break room was spacious beach front
Reviewed 26 July 2018

I stayed here as part of a group for 5 days. The room was comfortable and I thought clean until when I pulled out a shoe from under the bed a cigarette butt came out. There seemed to be much confusion as to why it was still not cleaned up the next day. I had many meals and the food was delicious and the servers friendly and attentive. I attempted room service several times but never got an answer, no matter what time of the day. The breakfast buffet was delicious and extensive, servers there, not so friendly. They also charge for plug in adapters, most hotels offer them as a convenience.

1  Thank Peggy675
Monique v, Managementassistent at Grand Hotel Huis Ter Duin, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2018

Dear Mrs Peggy,

Thank you for your review on your stay at Grand Hotel Huis ter Duin and the wunderful score. We are very happy that you have enjoyed your meals and we have shared your compliments on the food, the breakfast as well as the servers. As for the cigarette appearing when you pulled out a shoe we would like to apologize sincerely. We have spoken to our Executive Housekeeper about it and it has also been discussed at our daily managementmeeting. We would very much like to know what room you stayed in so we can fix the problem concerning the telephone. We have implemented a new telephone system and it might be that it did not connect properly. Please sent us your details on your stay at your convenience. Thank you so much.
Kind regards,
Monique van der Wildt
Managementassistent

Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed here as part of a work event for 2 nights and very glad I did. Great hotel on the beach front that lives up to its 5 star rating.
Service is excellent from check in, to the bar, to room service.
The outside courtyard area towards the beach is a nice space.
As for the room, I stayed on the 10th in a suite facing the beach. The room was very big, plenty of seating space to relax, walk in wardrobe with a wrap around balcony. The room itself is well maintained and was clean. The bed was also comfy. Would definitely return!

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

I can understand some of the reviews here although the very low scores seem somewhat reactionary. This is by no means a bad hotel - however it also falls well short of being the 5 star hotel it thinks it is.

The rooms are decent though not especially opulent, and the common areas are well done. WiFi was very sketchy and disappointingly slow. The biggest gap is on staff service where there are many instances where the hotel falls short. Lack of turndown service when requested was a frustration, and the staff at breakfast seemed disinterested. Equally service in the bar was fine but not as attentive as it should be.

Judging by the management responses on tripadvisor I am not sure they fully understand the issues. If they don’t take action things will only get worse, and my advice is to stop being defensive, take your head out of the sound, and put in place plans to improve things.

Overall this is a good hotel in a nice location. However if you’re looking for - and paying for - a five star experience, you are very likely going to be disappointed.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

The pompous and luxurious hotel has a prime location right at the beachfront overlooking the scenery and its competitors. While the interior is a bit outdated but clean the service is top-notch. The personal is attentive, well trained and make you feel VIP. I would go again.

Room Tip: Get a see view!!!
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Although better than the last time we were here and despite a room with a view over the car park it was a little better. It certainly can’t justify 5 stars. If you are looking for a grand old hotel on the seaside then this is it! Nice room with Wi-fi and coffee facilities but arranging a mini-bus to share when I ordered a taxi is just a Dutch thing to do - saves you money so why would you object is the attitude and may be right! But why insistent on me signing the bill which hadn’t been put under the door and not believing me when I said it hadn’t been put there? I’m the customer for goodness sake

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank KeithHumph
Monique v, Management Assistant at Grand Hotel Huis Ter Duin, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Dear Mr Humph,

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences in Grand Hotel Huis ter Duin. We are sorry that your transportation was not to your satifaction. You are absolutely right that a minibus is less costly than a taxi and the company will also be charged accordingly. We have made a note in your Guest File that you do not want a shared taxi or minivan.
The attitude of our Front Office Staff has been discussed with our Front Office Manager and in our Management meeting. We will see to it that training is provided.

Kind regards,