“I thought this would be open, but no”

Southeast Light Delights
Ranked #30 of 52 Restaurants in New Shoreham
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Based on their website and the reviews, this should have been the perfect spot for lunch. But no such luck. Didn't look like they had been serving food recently.

1  Thank RIpartisan
andre b, Owner at Southeast Light Delights, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

we open for the season Saturday. We only sell fresh shucked lobster and it has been difficult to get that in the quantities we will need.
Instead of compromising our quality I decided to wait one more day, Our website video says we open the 29. It will be the 30, with all the fresh lobster you can feat on.

Sorry to disappoint you. Do we really deserve one star?

Reviewed 28 August 2017

We visited the Southeast Lighthouse on Block Island and after walking around the property, it was nice to see a food truck near the entrance. Picnic tables and Adirondack chairs with umbrellas - very attractive and comfortable. We had hot dogs (which were 3" over the bun on each side) and drinks. Perfectly cooked. Definitely recommend this stop.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

This is a win-win situation. The folks that work there are super nice and the lobster grill cheeses are super-doper delicious. I am a fan of both lobster and grill cheese but on their own, they did not need each other or so I thought. I held off for a bit before trying what seemed to be 2 things that didn't need to reproduce. Within the first few bits I was a convert. The way the bread cheese and lobster come together is magic. Bring a friend and share a sandwich, they are filling.

1  Thank Jamboroni
Reviewed 8 February 2017

We went here with the dog and family right after getting off the ferry as we had time before we could pick up the keys to our rental. Had heard they had really good lobster rolls. We'd say they are the best on the island! Now they certainly are not cheap but the Southeast Light House area is a great place to sit or walk around and enjoy the amazing view and take in the salt air. This will be our new tradition when we get off the ferry to start our vacation each summer!

1  Thank JayBoy76
Reviewed 20 September 2016

3 words: Lobster Grilled Cheese.

I love lobster but I think it's dumb to put it in other things, like lobster mac n cheese. Like, just leave a good thing alone. But this Lobster Grilled Cheese changed my mind completely. There's something about the soft yet crispy buttery white bread, the soft lightly salty sweet white cheese, the tender briney lobster all grilled together. It's just so good. Don't bother with the bacon option. Some people say they can't finish the whole thing and to split it but I seem to have no problem eating the whole thing myself.