“Very fresh seafood well prepared”
Review of Eli's

Eli's
Ranked #4 of 51 Restaurants in New Shoreham
Price range: US$14 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband and I enjoyed our meal here. No problem with a wait midweek June. It was a bit noisy, but I would definitely recommend it.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Everything we sampled, from the fresh from the oven breads we were offered gratis, to the excellent house special burger with perfect sweet potato fries and my friend’s halibut special were terrific. Highly recommend. And I have my fingers crossed that this review will bounce Eli’s to the top of the BI eateries list.

Reviewed 2 June 2018

Eli's exudes Block Island. The hours are limited, the space inside is scarce and the charm and experience makes it one of a kind. The menu is an eclectic cross between BI and NYC. That's the best I can do to describe the food. After an exhausting day at the beach, a nice meal at Eli's is a great way to cap off the day. Plus, our kids love it (the burger and fries are pretty spectacular). The wine list is a great selection of affordable, but very drinkable wines. My one suggestion would be to amp up the specials menu - clearly there is a top rate kitchen - let them have creative control of the daily specials. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 24 May 2018

We visited Eli's for our first dinner of the season. Here are our recommendations:

Oysters on the Half Shell
Nicoise-Style Seared Tuna
Crispy Skinned Salmon
Rosemary's Bombay Sapphire Martini

Need I say more?

1  Thank WDG1108
Reviewed 3 January 2018

We have been vacationing in Block Island for many years and we always dined at Eli's. This year, we had New Year's Eve dinner at Eli's; I am sad to say it was incredibly disappointing. I understand the pricy prix fix (New Year's) , but I don't understand how the menu failed so greatly. As I mentioned, whenever we dined here over the past several years, the food had been great. But something must have happened on New Years Eve (12/31/17); perhaps a new chef or perhaps they wanted to be more creative!?!?! Whatever it was, it was a miss and failure. Menu items such as "seafood sausage" might sound appetizing, but it was horribly tasteless with an odd consistency. I was looking forward to the dessert ("tres leches cake") and even this was inedible (cake was hard as a rock and the "whipped cream" topping tasted like "cool whip"). We actually looked around at the other guests to see if they finished their cakes; 5 tables around us, no one touched the cake. Our teenage daughters wanted bread and butter; unbelievably, our server told us they "have none". The only good thing was the Prosecco which was flowing. I hope they return to their previous quality menu. Personally, I don't think our family will return to Eli's.