“So popular, not 100% sure why?”
Review of The Queens Head

The Queens Head
Ranked #14 of 126 Restaurants in Bromsgrove
Price range: US$5 - US$42
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Queens Head pub and restaurant is located in a tranquil setting overlooking the water of one of Worcestershires most beautiful canals.As the sun sparkles on the water, kick back and relax with a glass of your favourite tipple and treat yourself to some gourmet fare.Recently renovated the way only lovelypubs can, the Queens Head is a vibrant and welcoming space combining classic features such as Victorian floor tiles with beaten copper and the natural textures of wood and stone.Great Food and DrinkThe Queens Head at Stoke Pound, near Bromsgrove, offers a great menu including wood fired pizzas, barbeques and also live music.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I have now eaten here twice at lunch time mid-week. Both times the place has been jam packed. The good: lovely building, toilets, plenty of parking, location, decor & food sounds great on the menu. However, the food is fine / okay but not excellent and slightly over priced. My bigger issue is the attitude of the server both times I've visited, they really don't seem that interested and do the absolute minimum (a smile would be nice?), I know they are busy but I was a waitress for years and was always friendly.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 277)

14 - 18 of 1 277 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We have been several times for evening meal and although the food is good the service let’s it down. The service is slow, waitresses standing around chatting instead of clearing tables. However we went on Saturday for drink and cake - we ordered three cakes and a scone with jam and butter. After 25 mins the cakes arrived. The scone appeared on its own. We had to find a waiter to ask where the butter and jam were. They’d run out. A pub had run out of butter and jam? Unbelievable but made worse by the couldn’t care less attitude of the young waiter. Come on Queens Head - you’re better than this

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We chose the Queens Head as we knew it would be dog friendly as its a 'lovely pub'. We visited on a sunny Tuesday evening so we were prepared for a busy garden. Luckily we found a table for 2 along the pathway near to the canal. Perfect location and quieter than the garden so our dog could relax. All seating was table service which was refreshing as most places if you're outside you have to order at the bar.
The waitress was attentive even though it was busy. We ordered a mix of sharers rather than a main and we was surprised at the generous portion sizes. The only thing that let down our food was the bread served with the camembert, the way it was sliced and toasted made it hard and not suitable for dipping. The selection of drinks was great, g&t heaven!
The one thing that impacted our meal was a couple that came and sat on the table next to us who were chain smokers. I understand the pub cannot stop people smoking but when it's a sunny day and non-smokers are using the garden, areas should be sectioned off to stop the passive smoke for other guests. Especially the side tables where they are situated under a roof. The windows to the restaurant were also open so I can only imagine the smoke also blew inside.
We wouldn't let this put us off visiting again but I thought I would raise the point for consideration.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The location is spot on, great for people watching. Lots of car parking. The food was delicious. The service was excellent. Will be coming back very soon

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I went for dinner on Father’s Day , we had booked and the restaurant was not particularly busy. The starter was ok’ish but took a long time to arrive. The main course took even longer.
The chicken burgers were dry and over cooked and were not chicken breast but the type you buy from supermarket freezers. During our wait there was a couple on the next table with a dog, I have no problem with dogs . I do have a problem with members of staff stroking the dogs then serving food without washing their hands.