“Very slow service”

Cuisines: Brew Pub
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Went for a few drinks with friends. Bar service ridiculously slow, staff had no idea who had been waiting the longest. Took 20 minutes just to get served a few pints. Faffing about with pretentious cocktails for what seemed like hours on end and discussing calamari and starters with customers instead of serving drinks. Employ a few more staff on a Saturday night, waitresses to take food orders and perhaps a separate cocktail bar might ease the problems. Wouldn’t bother going again

1  Thank theoldchestnut
Slug B, General Manager at Slug & Lettuce, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi there,

I'm sorry you had to wait to place your order. This is something being addressed with increases in staffing on weekends, as well as cocktail training to aid speedier drinks delivery.
Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate any opportunities to improve our service.

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

3 generations had lunch here including 4 yr old and 1 yr old baby. Menu was attractive with plenty of choice. Staff friendly and couldn't be more helpful. Prices very reasonable. Food came in reasonable time even though it was lunch time and they were quite busy. Definitely visit again

Slug B, General Manager at Slug & Lettuce, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2018

Hi!

Thanks so much for the lovely review, we're glad all 3 of your generations had a great lunch with us today!
I'll pass on the praise to the team, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Thanks,

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

Visited with Aunt, Sister and 7 month old nephew. Service by Aaron and Sarah was fab with Aaron fetching balloons to keep little one entertained. All the food served was hot and tasty. Great place for a light lunch.

Slug B, General Manager at Slug & Lettuce, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

Hi Tina,

Really glad you had a great night and I've passed on the recognition Aaron deserved for his part in that. Thank you for such a lovely review and I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 13 May 2018

We visited on 2th May for the first time for a meal. We were served by a barman named Aaron. He offered us table service and explained how this would work. We accepted the table service and took our seats. He brought our drinks over and then gave us a few minutes to read the menu.
We had nachos, fish and chips & sausage and mash. The food was delicious, although a bit too much grease/oil in the fish and chips but it was very tasty.
Aaron was very attentive and popped over regularly to check if we needed anything else. He was one of the most helpful members of staff that we have ever come across in a pub/restaurant. Even when he was having to go and do another job he brought another member of the team over to introduce him and let us know that if we needed anything else Sam would help.
While the drinks are quite expensive here and the food is more than a standard pub restaurant prices, the atmosphere in the pub is relaxed and welcoming.
If you were to spend a whole night here drinking it would cost a lot of money so maybe they need to look at ways or reducing their prices a little.
Aaron is a credit to them and deserves recognition for how helpful he is towards customers as this is a rarity nowadays in any establishment.

1  Thank Rexys
Slug B, General Manager at Slug & Lettuce, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Hi Rexys,

Thank you so much for the lovely feedback. I'm really glad you had a great night. I have given Aaron the complete reward and recognition he deserves for delivering such great service!

We attempt to price our venue as competitively as possible to enhance our appeal as a high street option. I will certainly consider your comments.

Thank you for visiting us, we look forward to having you back again.

Thanks for your feedback,

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

I’ve been going to the Slug for a long time now. It’s the only slug I know where you have to have two of the same cocktails! And I’ve been to a fair few new manager is so grumpy!!! We got moaned at for playing a song through our phone for a friends birthday even though we’d spent over £200!!!
Sort your staff out Slug

1  Thank Gembourne
Slug B, General Manager at Slug & Lettuce, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Hi Gem,

Once again I apologise if I came across rude. When there are more than just the one group of people in the garden we don't allow people to play their own music as it's not something everyone will be able to do. We now have working speakers to provide the extra atmosphere to the garden, so you're always welcome to request changes to the house music within what we're licensed to play.
The birthday lady on the day expressed having a great time to me when we spoke about the prosecco, so I believed you'd had a great experience, I'm sorry if this wasn't the case.

I hope to see you again soon and that we can provide a better experience for you,