“First time but not the last”

Bromsgrove Caribbean Cuisine
Ranked #94 of 130 Restaurants in Bromsgrove
Price range: US$6 - US$11
Description: Using only the finest and freshest ingredients Bromsgrove Caribbean Cuisine cook fresh food on a daily basis to be enjoyed by our local community. We specialise and cook all kinds of foods you would find throughout the Caribbean including the world famous Jerk Chicken. Cooked on an authentic Jerk Pan you can also enjoy the likes of our delicious Jerk Pork or our mouth-watering Jerk Lamb.
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

I recently ordered food to be delivered from here through Just Eat.
Delivery was spot on time and the food was piping hot.
I ordered medium sized Curry Goat with rice and peas and although it comes in one container I was more than satisfied with the quantity, I also had jerk chicken wings (6) these were also very tasty.
I was unable to complete the whole of the curry but found the meat quantity more than sufficient.
I think that as a whole the medium curry and 6 wings would have been adequate for two to share.
I was impressed with the food and the service and will definitely be ordering again.

Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were looking forward to a local curry goat! £6.50 for a tiny amount of meat and mostly rice and peas. It might have tasted great but he pulled out what looked like a long hair or thread from material all mixed in with the meat. My jerk chicken looked very unappetising with a salad that had been thrown in the box and very little to it. I won’t bother again. My husband went down and they did give us a refund.

Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

I was brought up in the West Indies and thoroughly recommend this very authentic food.
Girlfriend & I got takeaway (no sit down) from this really excellent new place. Went to pick it up. Ready bang on time. Polite & helpful staff. Offered knifes forks & threw in some free coleslaw, which was a nice touch. Tastes just like it does in Jamaica.
Very clean.
Real breath of fresh air, an oasis of excellence, in the tat that surrounds it.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

2nd time we have ordered food , this time the lot went in the bin ... don't waste your time or money on this slop

Reviewed 26 June 2018

I was really excited to hear that a Caribbean takeaway was opening in Bromsgrove, increasing the choice available and offering something different.

My first order with them was about a month after it opened. I ordered through JustEat and my order was confirmed.

I had been waiting just under an hour when I received a text to say they were running 10 mins late but would be with me asap. After another 20 minutes, I finally received the order. Bearing it mind it was a Wednesday evening, an hour and 20 minutes for a takeaway delivery seems a little long.

That said, the food was pretty good when it did arrive. I had the vegetable curry. The flavour was great. The only gripe I had was that the vegetables seemed to be the mixed frozen bags of veg you can buy in the supermarket. Fresh veg would have made the dish so much better.

The sides we had, such as the rice and peas, plantain and veg patty were all really good.

So, after the first experience I thought I'd try them again recently. I have now placed 2 further orders through JustEat, only to receive a call shortly afterwards to tell me they didn't have what I'd ordered available.

The most recent time, I ordered the vegetable curry which wasn't available. Neither was the goat curry, chicken curry, ackee and saltfish or the stew.

Both times now I have had to cancel the order and buy food elsewhere as the only thing available has pretty much been sides, which is slightly useless.

I don't have any gripes with the quality of the food, it is definitely worth ordering. However, if you run a takeaway business that relies on you having food available then ensure you have food available! Surely that's the most essential part of running a restaurant or takeaway?! I get that a business can be busy and run out of things but not at 6pm on a Tuesday evening.

1  Thank JBan88