“Spa and Afternoon Tea”

Leisure Club and Spa at Macdonald Crutherland House
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

My three sisters took my mum for her 80th birthday.
Absolutely well done to all the staff who made this a memorable occasion.
Five of us were taken for our treatment at the same time. Timings were perfect.
Afternoon tea in the garden with lovely fresh sandwiches and cakes, great weather.
Staff even had a special plate for my mother with a selection of cakes and decorated for the occasion.

All reviews
"cakes"
in 7 reviews
"leisure facilities"
in 3 reviews
"greeted by friendly staff"
"clotted cream"
"jam"
"fab"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

My mum and I try and get together once every couple of months for a spa day, and having been several times before, decided to return to the Crutherland House Hotel.

We were greeted by friendly staff who explained how to use the lockers, key access doors and when to be back for our massages.

I used the gym which had recently been renovated. It looks great!

I then met my mum (who had been swimming) and we enjoyed a sauna. The sauna is brilliant, as expected. Nice and hot. My only criticism is that there should be a water cooler in the pool area - having to leave the pool and go way round to reception for water isn't ideal.

Our massages were both fantastic! The girls were brilliant and I was grateful to get some tips on how to reduce my shoulder strain from my beautician.

One thing I didn't like and the reason for 4 stars instead of 5 was that upon entering the female changing rooms after our massages there was a male mainten man changing a light bulb. A female staff member was standing with him and didn't say anything to us - I would have expected her to say that we should wait to change or that it was ok to change round the corner as there wouldn't be any mainten further in the changing room. I speedily got changed in the far corner of the ladies changing room, which was the only area that the adjacent mirror wouldn't allow maintenance to see in.
I am a member of the nearby Nuffield Health gym and any time they have maintenance they have alerted gym users and swapped the male and female changing rooms round, or closed them temporarily.

Reviewed 10 April 2018

Booked last minute and Laura was extremely helpful. Arrived to a friendly welcome smooth checking in, collected our robes towels and slippers and had tour of facilities including shown how to operate the lockers. All the pool area sauna and steam room are clean and spacious. Despite being Easter School holidays we were surprised how quiet and relaxing the facilities were. The spa itself is very calming and we had good treatments. I enjoyed my facial with Robyn and we both stayed in the relaxation room for ages. Staff very friendly will love to come back and would recommend to friends.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Visited on the 10th Feb as I booked a spa day for my partners birthday. On entering the spa we noticed how cold it was and all the staff were wearing jackets..as we checked in and were shown to the changing rooms we noticed a sign on the door saying the heating was broken so the pool & showers would be colder than normal...that was an understatement! I could not step foot in the pool or the showers as they were just to cold! So our spa day had no use of spa facilities! They were happy to take £118 for the pleasure! I emailed as soon as I got home ( 1 month ago) and have heard absolutely nothing! I tweeted it...they acknowledged it and again I’ve heard nothing! Says it all really about their customer service...I certainly won’t be returning in a hurry i’ll be booking elsewhere!

1  Thank TraceyMak
See more reviews
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

I was at Crutherland hotel to day treating my sister in law for her 65th birthday we had afternoon tea served by Becca what a lovely polite young lady she attended us through out our tea even brought surprise plate of more cakes with happy birthday on it ...excellent service all round well done Crutherland can't wait to come back ...Thank agsin Becca for excellent service you are definitely an asset!!
Mhairi Wilson