Leisure Club and Spa at Macdonald Crutherland House
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Had a few treatments over the weekend and I was very happy and relaxed with my facial, massage and feet and nails mostly done by Robyn . I would highly recommend her to anyone. All the staff were friendly and welcoming. And definitely worth another visit .

All reviews
"cakes"
in 7 reviews
"leisure facilities"
in 3 reviews
"greeted by friendly staff"
"clotted cream"
"jam"
"fab"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

I accompanied my sister on a birthday present of a spa day. There was issues when booking using our voucher as we couldn't get the date we chose and got a Saturday (not valid originally on the voucher). Due to other commitments we asked to have lunch early which was noted. We then had a phone call the day before asking if we were having it with afternoon tea, we explained no the voucher said Benko box so we were informed we needed to arrive early to choose our lunch. On arrival, having been to spa days before, not here, it wasn't the warmest welcome or any explanation of the day given. The early arrival to pick lunch was a choice of 4 sandwiches or Greek salad to go in the Benko box which took 2 minutes. We were collected by our therapist,mine wasn't aware 2 therapies were included til I explained and she resolved that and done both. The therapies were good. The relaxation room wasn't relaxing and was in need of a refurbishment. Our requested early lunch came 45 mins late. When I pointed this out the therapist who took us to restaurant for lunch apologised and offered a voucher for a therapy that we would get on the way out, we didn't. Lunch was good, hadn't had a Benko box before but ideal for this type of day. It had the makings of a great experience but was let down by the organisation of the spa reception, no one was in charge. Would go again to a MacDonald hotel as I've used their spa in other locations maybe not this one.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Received a gift of one spa treatment with afternoon tea. Didn't bother using the pool or anything as I am a member of a gym offering the same so it doesn't really float my boat. Chose a back, neck and shoulder massage. Therapist was very nice. They served my afternoon tea and had actually made it for 2 people instead of one so I just ate what I could. Cakes and finger sandwiches were very nice.

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

I've joined so many gyms and never really attended. I feel so motivated here and go a few times a week. The pool is fantastic and the gym is great as well. Staff are so friendly and helpful I just love it!