All reviews expecting the worst clean tidy basic hotel bit dated your doorstep noisy at night sun loungers bus stop
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed in this hotel has a surprise birthday present . What a dreadful place , the hotel had a lot of issues with maintainance and care , the staff tried really hard , but the hotel is too big to patrol ,over 500 rooms on large landing strip corridors , plus outer blocks off rooms .The hotel only has a basic air conditioning in the rooms if you are lucky none elsewere in the hotel ,one swimming pool closed , idiots in the pool with drinks and fags , you don't want to get me started on the food !!! We went half board after two days we joined forces with other couples and families to eat out , The area itsself is very small purpose built with nightclubs and men's clubs never been anywhere so dirty and filthy will not be returning if you like noise and a youth club / hostel fine then go for it !! Haaa it also took two days to get the safe working at a cost.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
manuel171, Guest Relations Manager at The St. George's Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

dear guest thank you for your comments. We do not know of these issues that you mentioned about maintenance and care, and we would appreciate if you can elaborate. The swimming were never closed during this summer. We would also like to know more details about the food which was not up to your taste.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed all inclusive with my wife and 2 daughters in August. We also had read the reviews.
We had a good holiday but that was because we were able to see past the small things that could diminish your stay. This hotel will not ruin your holiday but it won’t make it for you either.
The rooms are functional. We were initially in the separate part which is ok if you want to party till 5 am. It’s above the clubs and bars. We moved after 1 sleepless night to the main hotel and couldn’t hear the music at all. When I spoke to reception to get the room changd they didn’t seem surprised that the room wasn’t suitable. They had clearly taken a chance on us not complaining.
The pool. It’s the best part of the hotel. You have 2 reasonably large pools, both with paddling parts and more sun beds than you would ever need. You can’t get in till 10 am. So no overnight towels but you really don’t need to there is so much room.
The food. It depends on your view of eating. Me , I don’t look at sell by dates and will try most things. I found something to eat at every meal, not what I fancied, but something. My wife looks at sell by dates and is far more inquisitive as to what she is eating. She gave up after 3 days. She resorted to buying bananas in the local supermarket for breakfast.
It was all very uninspiring. It’s really old fashioned to be offering a 3 course meal for lunch. Rather than help yourself for lunch offer a sandwich/baguette bar. You could get ham and cheese for breakfast but not lunch. All very frustrating and you can see there is a decreasing circle of choice as fewer and fewer people take what is on offer.
The snack bar. WARNING it’s not part of the all inclusive. Half the time you couldn’t tell if it was open, there was never a queue. It’s staffed by kids, as is the pool bar whose only training appears to be to make sure the blue gloves are worn. Again the choice is minimal and you can see there no enthusiasm to make it any better.
The poolside bar was ok but lacked atmosphere. See above for staff review.
There was a massive open air bar with comfortable seating and what looked like a stage area for entertainment. But it was closed whilst we were there and had clearly been closed for a long while. Real shame because if you chose to spend your evening in the hotel you had to sit by the poolside bar in the gloom. We play cards so gave it a try most nights but we were often on our own by 9 pm.
There is also a large bar inside the hotel, but this was also closed.
The hotel clearly didn’t have enough staff with the right skills to make opening these bars viable.
And there is the rub. This is a hotel that won’t or can’t invest in its staff or facilities.
When I choose to stay all inclusive I am telling the hotel that I intend to spend most of my holiday there. That I want to be able to get something to eat all throughout the day. Also that I want to have somewhere to sit of an evening, have a drink and be entertained, however badly. This hotel has all the facilities to do that but chooses not to. This is NOT AN ALL INCLUSIVE HOTEL . If I stayed again it would be room only.

Room Tip: Insist on the main hotel
Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank wellfoxx
manuel171, Guest Relations Manager at The St. George's Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

dear guest thank you for your comments of which we have taken note. Just to clarify a few things.

There is always a restaurant manager during meals so that guests can communicate with him if there is something they don't like.
We do not offer entertainment, and we do not advertise that we do.
The lounge bar inside is seasonal and is open in winter, when of course, the pool bar is closed.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

After reading some reviews I must admit I was terrified and very nervous about our 2 weeks stay at this hotel with 2 kids. We arrived just after midnight and lady at the Reception was very helpful, as she didn't have any rooms available in the main building she advised that we will spent 1 night in the other building and following day they will try to re-locate us. On our way to Breakfast we asked Manager if we could be moved to the main building due to the noise and by lunch time we have moved our bags to another room.
Room was really nice, beds in both bedrooms were really big and comfy.
both Rooms had a air-condition unit and although they were quite noisy we'd proffered this then loud music from the clubs that can be heard. Both rooms had a balcony with tables and chairs. Room was cleaned daily including fresh towels.
I must admit cockroaches were the only thing I didn't enjoy and would suggest to the hotel to look into this as we had quite lot of them in the rooms/ bathroom.
Our stay included Breakfast and we couldn't complain... there was plenty to choose from and staff in the Restaurant was very polite and helpful.
Pool area is really good, plenty on sun loungers and umbrellas ( although they kept flying off when wind was picking up)
Overall, we really enjoyed our stay at this hotel- let’s not forget that this is budget hotel not Hilton.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Kasia F

dear guest thank you for your comments. We have taken note of your issues.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Poor, very poor. I am very disappointed with this hotel. The food is disgusting, I booked half board but I had dinner in that hotel only one day, the food is horrible, no flavour, rotten and no options, they have pasta every single day and I asked them if I could order another kind of food they said no I had to eat whatever was served on the buffet. So I had to eat out everyday so I waste my money with the half board, the breakfast was good though. The location is great, close to everything. As the hotel is right on the strip I thought may the hotel would be more party style, but the security guy (Very rude by the way) knocked our door every single minute because we were have conversation on the balcony at 9:00 pm. Honestly if you have kids, this is not the hotel for you. The hotel is on the strip so it can be very loud during the night, the air conditioning wasn't working properly, the room was very warm, I asked for help and they didn't care about my complain. Actually people in that hotel are very rude, spcially the bald security guy and the blond girl who works on the swmming pool bar. I went to Malta to have a fun summer holidays with my friends, but we got stressed everyday, with all the issues.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alan C
manuel171, Guest Relations Manager at The St. George's Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

dear guest thank you for your comment. As you are aware, the meals in the hotel are buffet, so one cannot order what is not on display. However, we do understand that it is impossible to cater for all tastes, and so, we have a restaurant manager always present in the restaurant, so that guests who would like to have their food cooked differently, maybe well done or medium, salty or not salty etc, they can refer to him and he would fix it with the kitchen. But obviously, he cannot order what is not on the menu that day. Having said that, there is wide variety of food every day and not just pasta. There is always a choice of meat, chicken, fish, side plates, starters, desert etc, so it is impossible that someone does not find anything to his taste. As regards your other issues, we would need your room number and dates of stay so that we can investigate your issues.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I attended with my daughter and had problems with the lights, AC which was flooding all over the floor. When the maintenance arrived I was advised ‘just move plugs and empty the water on the balcony ‘
I also had problem with the TV and this is what I was left with plugs as below. Jumbo Tours and the hotel reported they will not be taking any responsibility!! This was Room 570

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

dear guest thank you for your comments. At the moment, there is no problem with the TV. As for your other issues, we would need the dates of your stay so that we can check about them.