All reviews free wifi nice hotel shower room business guests excellent bed city centre great choice great room shops and restaurants double bed pleasant staff a couple of times parking denmark machine equipment gym
Reviewed 25 June 2018

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with ScandicHotels.com
Reviewed 4 June 2018

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Scandic Hotels
ScandicRegina, Direktør at Scandic Regina, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

Reviewed 22 April 2018

I guess if you are familiar with Scandic hotels, you know what to expect: Scandi- style rooms, cleanliness taken as read and efficient service. With my recent stay in the Regina, that is exactly what I got.

Check in was quick, and car parking easily registered. The hotel has a fair amount of parking, with car registration registered electronically in reception. Over two nights, I had no problems with parking.

So off to my room, no, two rooms! Great to get a suite, lots of space , smart, stylish, clean. Huge windows, but with all respect, as Herning is not the most picturesque city in Denmark don't expect a stunning beach or mountain view. But it was very comfortable and I had no problems getting a good night's sleep. Note the room doesn't have a mini-bar (I never use them), but the equivalent is in reception.

Excellent bathroom, lots of hot water, towels, toiletries etc. Always well cleaned when back in from the day's work.

I normally use hotel gyms, and was pleased with the Regina's. It's not huge, but nor is it a converted room! But any gym that has 'Life Fitness ' equipment gets my vote.

I ate dinner in the hotel restaurant during both nights of my stay. Good menu, food well cooked and presented, polite and efficient restaurant staff. Breakfast was very good, and although can be busy (seems oriented for business guests doing working breakfasts), getting a table was never a problem.

So if you like Scandic, you will like the Regina. I would happily stay again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Dear TheAviator0765,

Thank you so much for your very detailed review here on TripAdvisor, I am sure other guest will appreciate it as well.

I am really glad that you like Scandic and that you like our lovely hotel Scandic Regina.

We all hope to se you again in the near future.

Best regards

Rikke Bøndergaard

Reviewed 17 April 2018

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with ScandicHotels.com

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

As a regular traveller in Scandinavia, I’ve been to a lot of Scandic Hotels, so a new one is always an interesting comparison.

This one is one of the best - location, welcome, restaurant and room were all first class. Well done.

So what do you need to know? Location is city centre with shops and station just a very short walk away. Even the out of town shopping centre is only a 20 min walk or 3 minute drive. However this means that it’s parking lot is smaller than most and requires you to register your car number upon arrival to avoid parking fines.

The room on the 9th floor was spacious for a twin and the shower room was equally capacious.

I’ll review the restaurant on a separate post it was well up to standard - limited choice if you’re a regular visitor but ingredients and preparation are very good.

The team on the front desk were welcoming and professional with a level of small talk above the norm.

I arrived earlier than the check in time, but a room was available so that’s good too.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
ScandicRegina, Direktør at Scandic Regina, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Dear Nickit7676,

Thank you so much for your very positive review and for the 5 "stars" you are giving us.

"One of the best" you write, I will dedicate it to my fantastic staff.

We all hope to see you again very soon.

Best regards