All reviews pricey side good quality food fresh fruit lovely hotel breakfast buffet seine tv business paris taxi
Reviewed 25 July 2018

Room was nice, but very small, too small for money spent, way too small. When we went to the front desk they said we could get another room, but as it was way more expensive than our already expensive room and because we were dog tired, we decided to tough it out. In fact, they offered to let us go to another hotel, but it was simply impossible, at that point. We were so tired we thought of ordering room service instead of going out to a good restaurant, but the menu was tres expensif, limited and unappetizing to me. We finally acquiesced to eating at their restaurant, which was also expensive, but had more choices and at least I did not have to eat on my bed. The food was good, but the real star of the show was the bread and his partner in crime, the butter. This may have been the best bread I ever had and the butter was the best. I am a breadaholic and I was in nirvana. I ate so much the waitresses were chuckling. I even asked for some to take back to the room and of course, more butter. If I were ever to go back to this hotel it would only be for the bread and the butter.

One other thing - this hotel is only really for rich people, expensively dressed and coiffed and just a tad snooty, well, maybe more than a tad.

Worse part is that the only reason I stayed there was to be near Malmaison, Napoleon and Josephine's house, later just Josephine's after he dumped her and that was a total dud. Not much to see.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Relais M, Responsable réception at Relais de la Malmaison Paris Rueil Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Dear JJJC_Family,

We regret that our services looks expensive. You can compare, you will see that all our rates are raisonnable for a 4* hotel in Rueil on this period.

Our restaurant offer a menu at 28€ for guests sleeping on property and your are right, their is more choice than the room service.

We can assure that our guests come from all walks of life and no dress code is in effect.

Hope that you will come back and can change your mind concerning our property.

Yours faithfully,

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

In my opinion this hotel is a 3* and not 4*. Starting with the good points this hotel is located in a really quiet and beautiful place. It’s great if you want a city break and relax. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The negative point in the room is the wc light is automatic so you always have to move to turn on the light. The dinner and breakfast was really good and tasty but expensive. My disappointment in this hotel was the spa and the construction noise. The Hammam and Sauna are really small only for 4 people at a time and don’t work properly. The pool and the jacuzzi water is cold and that is unacceptable. The treatments are also expensive. I preferred walking in the surroundings near the river to relax.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Biz87,

Thank you for your feedback.

We appreciate your comment concerning the location, the confort of the room and the quality of the restaurant, we are happy that you had enjoyed them.

The Spa access, which is offer to all guest staying at the hotel, can welcome all of them with a large access 09:00am to 09:00pm and we regret that there was a lot of people in the same time than your moment. The temperature is controled many time a day but the maximum allowed for the swimming pool is 28/29°C and 37/39°C for the jacuzzi which can look "cold" when the outside temperature are 34°C.

Be sure that your comment is important for us and we will take note of your unsatisfation to be carefull and make sure that the future stay will be a success.

Thank you for your kind understanding and we hope hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Rooms are very clean, but a little small. My shower tap was only delivering hot water, but after notifying the reception, it was fixed the same day. Thus very good service. Rooms are also very good noise-insulated. Beds are very good.
Breakfast was also very good, although a bit pricey for what you get. I expected more for 20 EUR/day.
Bar is nice, but not always staffed well. Prices are very high.
Environment was very quiet and green near the Seine and conference rooms are well equipped.
I didn't had the opportunity to test the Spa facilities.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Relais M, Responsable réception at Relais de la Malmaison Paris Rueil Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Dear LPS1987,

We would like to thank you for your excellent comment!

We are really happy that your stay was a success, we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 25 June 2018

I have stayed before at this beautiful hotel with SPA (swimming pool, sauna and steam room) and nice restaurant. Large comfortable rooms with good bed and quiet. Good breakfast with fresh juices, nice and efficient reception.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear peterscherp,

First of all, we would like to thank you for you loyalty! It is always a pleasure to welcome you.

We hope to see you soon!

Yours faithfully,

Reviewed 10 June 2018

This hotel is right on the bank of the Seine, and has a spa atmosphere, except there is construction everywhere and loud construction workers who seem to be able to talk loudly and incredibly incessantly, breaking the serenity of the place. There is recently dug up earth with conduit sticking out around most of the grounds. Upon arrival in my room, soap was missing at the bathroom sink, but there was plenty of shampoo in the shower to use, thankfully. I requested soap, and initially was asked to come and get it, but it was provided the next day as I requested. When checking in at about 9 pm, I was told that the bar was unavailable as there was clearly a party going on and it was closed to the public. I elected not to eat as it seems an insurmountable effort presented by the check in person to actually find food at 9;30 pm. Other than that, its a nice and clean hotel and spa.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Relais M, Responsable réception at Relais de la Malmaison Paris Rueil Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Dear D_Willy_S,

Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback.

There are some works, you are right, in the parc of the hotel and we are really sorry that it caused you some inconveniences. We work with the workers to make it as quiet as we can due to the situation.

We inform our management concerning the bar which should stay open for all guests until midnight! This incident will never happen again, we appology for this.

Regarding the soap, there is probably a misunderstanding. Effectivly, all rooms have soap/shampoo in the same bottle, doble use product, bottle placed in the bath.

I hope that we will have the chance to welcome you in the future to prove that we can offer a better service than you had received, please do not hesitate to contact me personnaly.

Magaly