“Disgraceful customer service over the phone”

Smokeshed Bar & Grill
Ranked #7 of 59 Restaurants in Hoddesdon
Price range: US$7 - US$28
Description: At Smokeshed our message is 'Come as you are!' - Whether you've just finished work and need a cold one to unwind or fancy a relaxed tasty meal kicking back in your casuals with a few mates and family, we're here to help you chill and let the world go by...not only that, we're here for you in the mornings too to help you get your day started just right! - Dave & Laura
Reviewed 27 February 2021

Having ordered my delivery on just eat with a eta of 40-50mins i was excited for our meals as was daughter, after 1 hour and 24 minutes i decided to call and see where my meal was, i was told it was 2 minutes away, fine. I was then called back by the rude owner who then told me she wasnt happy that i complained about the wait and she was cancelling my order, (clearly had been forgot or hadnt left the shop and this was her excuse to get out of it) and told me that if you want amazing food you should have to wait an hour and half for it! Try telling that to a hungry 5 year old! Her tone of voice and mannor on the phone was terrible and the excuse for being late was equal to that! Should stop being greedy and taking on more orders than they can clearly handle!! Or adjust the delivery eta on just eat so people dont waste time ordering to wait all night for it to turn up cold! Shocking do not order!

Date of visit: February 2021
1  Thank M36RHjack
Smokeshed, Owner at Smokeshed Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Jack
as I stated on the other review platforms we have not asked for your review to be removed for the simple reason it shows what some food outlets have to put up with, as your probably aware we are a family run restaurant, so in whole we do really care about our customers, there reviews, there feedback, and the quality food we serve, because if we didn't we would fail as a business.
therefore when you placed your order this happened:
18.32pm order placed
estimated delivery 19.40pm
as we were busy 10 minutes was added (= 19.50pm delivery time)
your call was received at 19.51pm you was informed by my wife that your order was just being bagged as you spoke, your address is 4 minutes away, but during your call you continually swore at my wife, at this point my wife decided to not send your order.we are not and will never be perfect but we will try our hardest to be as near as perfect as we can.this is confirmed by a majority of our feedback.
Thanks again for your review.
Dave

Write a reviewReviews (189)

Reviewed 20 February 2021

We order a takeaway with my friends, and were so disappointed. The food was cold , the chips was inedible and looked like has been reheated, tested bitter

Date of visit: February 2021
Reviewed 19 December 2020

Met up at the Smokeshed with my best mate for a meal. As always the service was great and the food was lovely. I left feeling very full as the portions are generous! I love the vibe of the Smokeshed, very chilled and a good taste in background music.
Looking forward to my next visit!

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 4 November 2020 via mobile

The night before the second lockdown we booked a table at The Smokeshed for our first ever visit there. We had heard good things from family members who had visited before. I had Burnt Ends as a starter and a rack of spare ribs with fries as mains. I also shared a key lime cheesecake for dessert as it’ll be a while before we can eat out again. Our table was booked for 6pm. By the time we left the restaurant was full. Service was both polite and prompt. Will definitely return when we can and may even order a takeaway from there!

Date of visit: November 2020
2  Thank D8TEterryh
Reviewed 31 October 2020

Another amazing meal in Smokeshed this lunchtime, beautiful food with gorgeous cocktails and ciders. We are frequent customers and we are amazed with the quality of the meal every time. Thank you Smokeshed! X

Date of visit: October 2020